Anabolic steroids, bodybuilding discussion forums. - Steroidology

(Forum for members to discuss the use of anabolic steroids)

Junior Bodybuilder
    Arimidex Dosing for high estradiol levels
    Las blood work stated my estradiol level was 56. This is 1 point above the highest reference range for men. I was prescribed arimidex 1 mg to help lower it. Do you folks recommend 1 mg a day to help lower this or 1 mg eod?
    Thanks in Advance

Administrator
    Site Manager
    I have seen a study where there was no difference in the reduction of E2 with Arimidex dosages of 1mg ED vs. .5mg ED.
    Stone Cold..............................Never Too Old

Disclaimer: Steroidology.com does not promote the use of anabolic steroids without a doctor's prescription. The information we share is for entertainment purposes only.

Here's the study:

J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2000 Jul;85(7):2370-7.

Estrogen suppression in males: ********* effects.

Mauras N, O'Brien KO, Klein KO, Hayes V.

Nemours Research Programs at the Nemours Children's Clinic, Jacksonville, Florida 32207, USA. nmauras@nemours.org

We have shown that testosterone (T) deficiency per se is associated with marked catabolic effects on protein, calcium metabolism, and body composition in men independent of changes in GH or insulin-like growth factor I production. It is not clear,,however, whether estrogens have a major role in whole body anabolism in males. We investigated the ********* effects of selective estrogen suppression in the male using a potent aromatase inhibitor, Arimidex (Anastrozole). First, a dose-response study of 12 males (mean age, 16.1 +/- 0.3 yr) was conducted, and blood withdrawn at baseline and after 10 days of oral Arimidex given as two different doses (either 0.5 or 1 mg) in random order with a 14-day washout in between. A sensitive estradiol (E2) assay showed an approximately 50% decrease in E2 concentrations with either of the two doses; hence, a 1-mg dose was selected for other studies. Subsequently, eight males (aged 15-22 yr; four adults and four late pubertal) had isotopic infusions of [(13)C]leucine and (42)Ca/(44)Ca, indirect calorimetry, dual energy x-ray absorptiometry, isokinetic dynamometry, and growth factors measurements performed before and after 10 weeks of daily doses of Arimidex. Contrary to the effects of T withdrawal, there were no significant changes in body composition (body mass index, fat mass, and fat-free mass) after estrogen suppression or in rates of protein synthesis or degradation; carbohydrate, lipid, or protein oxidation; muscle strength; calcium kinetics; or bone growth factors concentrations. However, E2 concentrations decreased 48% (P = 0.006), with no significant change in mean and peak GH concentrations, but with an 18% decrease in plasma insulin-like growth factor I concentrations. There was a 58% increase in serum T (P = 0.0001), sex hormone-binding globulin did not change, whereas LH and FSH concentrations increased (P < 0.02, both). Serum bone markers, osteocalcin and bone alkaline phosphatase concentrations, and rates of bone calcium deposition and resorption did not change. In conclusion, these data suggest that in the male 1) estrogens do not contribute significantly to the changes in body composition and protein synthesis observed with changing androgen levels; 2) estrogen is a main regulator of the gonadal-pituitary feedback for the gonadotropin axis; and 3) this level of aromatase inhibition does not negatively impact either kinetically measured rates of bone calcium turnover or indirect markers of bone calcium turnover, at least in the short term. Further studies will provide valuable information on whether timed aromatase inhibition can be useful in increasing the height potential of pubertal boys with profound growth retardation without the confounding negative effects of gonadal androgen suppression.

Publication Types:
    Clinical Trial

PMID: 10902781 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Junior Bodybuilder
    SO do you guys think since the pills i have are astra zeneca and if I break them in half who the hell knows if I will actually get .5mg arimidex because of the fillers that I should take 1 mg eod? Isn't the half lifesomewhere between 24 and 36 hours?

Thanks in advance again

Active life of arimidex is approximately 48 hours, so taking it EOD is fine. But of course make all of these decisions while consulting with your doctor.

on the subject of dosing of arimidex, that means if u ran a 10 weeker, you would need to buy 2 bottles, since 1 bottle would provide you for 60 days @ 0.5mg ED....is there any way u could dose it so 1 bottle lasted 10 weeks...and be effective?

Well, some guys need more and some less to see the benefits of it. I'm currently running .25mgs EOD to keep some of the bloat off during my current cycle and it works well for me. Other guys need to run two or three times that amount to see results. It's all about how you react to the drug.

ya, im not worried about the bloat, i just have naturally high est. levels...genetic...dam ancestors

Thread Information