Anabolic steroids, bodybuilding discussion forums. - Steroidology

rui products

(Forum for members to discuss the use of anabolic steroids)

Junior Bodybuilder
    Low normal testosterone levels vs high normal levels...
    A couple of docs have told me that there is no noticeable difference in terms of libido, sense of wellbeing, muscle recovery from exercise etc. being in the high range of normal for testosterone as opposed to being at the low end of normal. Personally, I think this is crap. What do others think? I mean, why do guys in their teenage-early 20s years typically have great recovery ability, high libido, high energy etc.? Isn't it because their endogenous test levels are very high during those years?

I would tend to agree with you. However, perhaps the "normal" range is so small that there is very little difference between being on the high end or the low end. Or maybe the docs don't know shit and want to keep you away from steroids.

I don't know why teenagers feel better but I do know that many men near the bottom of normal have received relief from testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) that brought there levels to the top of normal.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by AussieThunder
    A couple of docs have told me that there is no noticeable difference in terms of libido, sense of wellbeing, muscle recovery from exercise etc. being in the high range of normal for testosterone as opposed to being at the low end of normal. Personally, I think this is crap. What do others think? I mean, why do guys in their teenage-early 20s years typically have great recovery ability, high libido, high energy etc.? Isn't it because their endogenous test levels are very high during those years?
    From personal experience I have to agree with your Docs. I am 37 and recently had my levels checked and my test levels were just above 800. This is extremely high for natural levels (keep in mind I have not done a cycle in over 15 years) and my Doc said it was the highest level he had ever seen at ANY age. I can tell you that my libido aint what it used to be...my stamina aint great...and I also don't have the energy I used to. For these reasons I would have to agree with your Doc's. The only thing I will say is that I seem to hold muscle more than other guys my age and I can manipulate my body weight much easier. Another reason I would agree with your Doc is a buddy of mine in his 40's just had his checked and his natural levels were like 50. (that's right...50!!!) This guy is in awesome shape and is a hell of a lot bigger than me so go figure.

im 20 and my levels are 394... my libido is pretty low most of the time. So i agree! it sucks.

Rookie
    NewDude... I wonder what your levels were when you were 25 compared to your age now??? My guess is that you are one of those naturally "High" Testosterone males.. by that I mean you level was probably near 1000 for most of your life...thus your ability to hang on to muscle, etc... now that you are getting older its dropping...even if it is dropping to 800 .....that is still a 20% drop in your testosterone.

The point Im kinda getting at is that you may have 2 males of the same age (lets say 37 ) Male 1 has a test level of 500 and feels fine. However..say his test level has always been right around 500 for his whole life. Now you have Male 2 who has the same level as Male 1... 500.. however... say he is like you.. a High Testosterone Male (I think I just made that term up...sounds cool though doesn't it?? ) anyway..his level is also 500 but he feels like shit---but his whole life it has been around 1000.... they get blood tests and the doc tells them both that there levels are normal.... see how you have to take the term "normal" into account?? Normal for who?? 500 is definately not normal for the High Test Male...

Anyway.. I was just trying to make a point about test levels and normal...hope you guys get what I am trying to say....

Rookie
    I had my test level tested recently and it came back really low, but my libido is fine, energy level is good and no depression. I think a better question to ask is, what is your free test level like?

Novice
    I think it is alwasy a problem when you try to isolate any single cause.

When I was 20 I didn't have career worries, 60 hour work weeks, and the host of normal adult problems that come with maturity.

Conversely my sex drive has always been high, but Im not married with kids so how much of that is biological and how much is just environment is hard to say.

Also comparing younger guys to older guys to answer your initial question doesn't work, because the normal range for older guys is different than the normal range for younger guys.

Id love to have the libido like I had when I was 15-18 cracking wood at just bout anything.My test levels are high and I think about sex all the time just dont have the same enthusiam down stairs like I used to.Whenit comes to the actual deed though I have to problem rising to the occassion lol

I have observed a good number of men, and Dr. John Crisler has observed many, many more, that had testosterone at the low end of the normal range but still with symptoms of hypogonadism (low testosterone). Many of these men, with approproate testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) that raised their testosterone to the top of the normal range, no longer exhibited symptoms of hypogonadism. Thus, I consider real testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) to be both appropriate and reasonable treatment for these men.

Rookie
    Gel versus injectable T.
    I've been on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) for eleven years prescribed by urologist , using Androgel 5mg per day. Wimpy results. I decided a couple of months ago to get injectable test enanthate and cypionate to try each out. First at 120 mg per week and now at 140 mg per week. Huge difference in libido versus the gel. I like it. Check out xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

read the rules , dont advertise other sites.
    Last edited by DADAWG; 01-29-2012 at 12:21 PM.

bro this thread is over 6 years old...start your own thread

Thread Information