Anabolic steroids, bodybuilding discussion forums. - Steroidology

rui products

(Forum for members to discuss the use of anabolic steroids)

Rookie
    AS Use With A Stomach Ulcer?
    Hey Guys,

I'm interested in starting to use Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) but about 10 years ago had a near death experience because of a burst stomach ulcer.

Basically I was put on some "steroids" by my doctor to try and cure Glandular fever and after a week of being on them I was vomiting load of blood, was taken into hospital, given a 4 pint blood transfer and was in a real bad way for a long time.

Anyway, what I want to know is, having been through that 10 years ago, would you say it is safe to do any AS and if so, what would be the safer options?

I have researched them heavily but it never mentions if you have stomach problems.

The reason I ask is because the gastroenterologist who treated me for the stomach ulcer specified very clearly I am never to take any aspirin, Ibuprophen or any stimulants as this may cause a relapse and you guys definitley seem to know your stuff on here.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

sorry to hear about your bad experience ... i'm not a professional but what kind of steroids did he put you on? i'm not sure if Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) were the type...it was probably a corticol steroid to reduce your immune response. was it an oral medication?
    i might be obvious but definitely stay away from oral gear...dbol and Winstrol (winny) give me bad heartburn if I don't take them with food.

Rookie
    Hey man, thanks for the responce. To be honest, i'm not too sure what they were that he put me on as I was about 18 and didnt take much notice, i just trusted him but i'm pretty sure it wasnt AS. It was an 8 day course, 8 the first day, 7 the next etc if that helps.

Rookie
    Bump!

Rookie
    I'm guessing no one knows then!

Thoms
    A friend of mine had a near-death experience with an ulcer, and he started his first Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) cycle a few months after surgery. He was nowhere near healthy, not being able to drink cola or anything alike. He asked me (his trainer), and his doctor, if a cycle would aggrevate his ulcer condition. Both our answers were no, so he went on 1 sust/week, 200mg deca/week and moderate dbol for the first few weeks, and had no problems. This was about 6 months ago.

Anyways this is not medical advice, just sharing my experiences.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoms
    A friend of mine had a near-death experience with an ulcer, and he started his first Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) cycle a few months after surgery. He was nowhere near healthy, not being able to drink cola or anything alike. He asked me (his trainer), and his doctor, if a cycle would aggrevate his ulcer condition. Both our answers were no, so he went on 1 sust/week, 200mg deca/week and moderate dbol for the first few weeks, and had no problems. This was about 6 months ago.

Anyways this is not medical advice, just sharing my experiences.
    OK Thanks for the feedback bro?

Thread Information