Anabolic steroids, bodybuilding discussion forums. - Steroidology

rui products

(Forum for members to discuss the use of anabolic steroids)

Does clen show up on drug tests?
    Ive been curious about this.

If their testing for it sure - Its a banned substance in pretty much all sports organizations

My buddy has to take drug and alcohol classes for an old dui so it's not sports related what do ya think? I was thinking no but not sure I know ephedrine fails ya shows up as amphetamines.

Amateur Bodybuilder
    Isn't the detection time of clen very short?

Quote Originally Posted by Dlove
    ...I know ephedrine fails ya shows up as amphetamines.
    I'm not convinced this is true.

1) Ephedrine is not an amphetamine
    2) Ephedrine-HCL is legal, anyway, so there is nothing wrong with admitting Ephedrine-HCL use for medical reasons
    3) Ephedrine-HCL is more similar to pseudoephedrine than it is to amphetamine. The vast majority of the population takes pseudoephedrine and if it came up as positive, then we would certainly know about that.
    4) Nuclear Magnetic Resonance spectroscopy would certainly show ephedrine as ephdrine rather than amphetamine since the two have different molecular weights; however, I'm guessing that the tests for for employment and other non-sports related reasons probably don't use this test.
    5) Unrelated, but I understand the detection time for ephedrine to be relatively short.
    6) A _lot_ of people took ephedrine prior to the ban, and there wasn't a huge problem with positive results on employement drug tests from this.

I'm not saying it doesn't happen. Certainly, it would be stupid to take any of this stuff in the days leading up to a drug test anyway. I'm simply saying that I haven't been convinced that ephedrine shows up as an amphetamine. Personally, I take Adderall (mixed amphetamine salts) under a legal prescription anyway, so who am I to care.
    Last edited by GymLift; 03-24-2005 at 02:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mranak
    I'm not convinced this is true.

1) Ephedrine is not an amphetamine
    2) Ephedrine-HCL is legal, anyway, so there is nothing wrong with admitting Ephedrine-HCL use for medical reasons
    3) Ephedrine-HCL is more similar to psuedo-ephedrine than it is to amphetamine. The vast majority of the population takes psuedo-ephedrine and if it came up as positive, then we would certainly know about that.
    4) Nuclear Magnetic Resonance spectroscopy would certainly show ephedrine as ephdrine rather than amphetamine since the two have different molecular weights; however, I'm guessing that the tests for for employment and other non-sports related reasons probably don't use this test.
    5) Unrelated, but I understand the detection time for ephedrine to be relatively short.
    6) A _lot_ of people took ephedrine prior to the ban, and there wasn't a huge problem with positive results on employement drug tests from this.

I'm not saying it doesn't happen. Certainly, it would be stupid to take any of this stuff in the days leading up to a drug test anyway. I'm simply saying that I haven't been convinced that ephedrine shows up as an amphetamine. Personally, I take Adderall (mixed amphetamine salts) under a legal prescription anyway, so who am I to care.
    I think it's the pseudoephrone however you spell it. I had to go to alcohol classes about 4 yrs back. I was taking xenadrine and they asked me if I took meth, I don't even think I knew what meth was then.

I am curious about the clen on drug tests, say a test for a job.

uniquemicals
Thread Information