Anabolic steroids, bodybuilding discussion forums. - Steroidology

rui products

(Forum for members to discuss the use of anabolic steroids)

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By WhiteDog
  • 1 Post By DreDay187
  • 1 Post By frank.tb
  • 1 Post By DreDay187
    Junior Bodybuilder letsgetyolked's Avatar
    Help with liver support on cycle
    Sup brahs. I'm starting my 3rd cycle with tren ace/test prop/var and want to change up how I run my liver support supps. I used to run milk thistle, but realized that shit is weak and doesn't do anything. I've been thinking about running NAC. U guys think this is good enough to run solely? Also I've read things about UDCA (Ursodiol). Is this any good? I don't mind running both if that's a good idea. Better be safe than sorry. I'm also 22 years old.

Thanks guys.
    Last edited by letsgetyolked; 08-16-2013 at 04:31 PM.

was going to answer this but then i saw brahs and 22 yr :/

Exactly, me too... Drop the brahs shit my friend. Its not going to earn you any respect in here. I find it insulting, and i am Australian.
    letsgetyolked likes this.

Beast666 FanClub Pres
    I agree with the others, you're young, but milk thistle is worthless as a liver support. NAC would be your best bet, 2-3 600mg doses/day while on cycle. UDCA is very good as well as Liv52 in regards to liver protection but NAC wins them out in the shear number of benefits it has besides just liver protection. If you get a metaboilic panel in your blood work it will give you liver enzyme values and I think you'll find that NAC is generally more than enough
    letsgetyolked likes this.

I just started taking NAC and ive actually noticed a difference. I swear my liver would hurt every once in a while and the pain has almost completely went away. That and increasing my water intake helped a lot.

I think a lot of its in my head though i'm a hypochondriac lol well I feel like I am at least.

Beast666 FanClub Pres
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad- scientist View Post
    I just started taking NAC and ive actually noticed a difference. I swear my liver would hurt every once in a while and the pain has almost completely went away. That and increasing my water intake helped a lot.
    I had great liver values at the beginning of my cycle. 10wks into the cycle with NAC being started the 3rd or 4th wk, my liver enzyme values actually dropped a few points.

Did he say "better be safe than sorry?"
    And he's 22...3rd cycle...
    Oh the lols!
    profboy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad- scientist View Post
    The type of nerves that signal pain are not present in the liver so that was in your head. If enlarged the liver can put pressure on surrounding areas causing some discomfort, but pain "in the liver" is non existent. That being said I agree NAC is an excellent liver as well as all around excellent overall health/anti-oxaidant support supp that should be taken by essentially everyone. Its benefits are widespread and I hope to see it utilized more and more.
    I like NAC and B-12 for liver support and UDCA should be added in the case of a damaged liver for treatment.

Beast666 FanClub Pres
    Quote Originally Posted by JimiThing View Post
    The type of nerves that signal pain are not present in the liver so that was in your head. If enlarged the liver can put pressure on surrounding areas causing some discomfort, but pain "in the liver" is non existent. That being said I agree NAC is an excellent liver as well as all around excellent overall health/anti-oxaidant support supp that should be taken by essentially everyone. Its benefits are widespread and I hope to see it utilized more and more.
    I like NAC and B-12 for liver support and UDCA should be added in the case of a damaged liver for treatment.
    Jimi, I think with Austinite's "Supplementation Thread" which included NAC, the low price for bulk powder, everyone recommending it now, and its NUMEROUS other health benefits beyond just the liver, its only a matter of time before more and more people are put on to it.
    JimiThing likes this.

You can't beat NAC and Liv 52 for liver support IMO

Quote Originally Posted by frank.tb View Post
    Did he say "better be safe than sorry?"
    And he's 22...3rd cycle...
    Oh the lols!
    What are u trying to say? I asked a simple question. I've run liv52 and milk thistle on my previous cycles and realized I may need to take more precaution as I'm running an oral this time..

And thanks everybody for ur help. I'm gonna go grab some NAC today.

Quote Originally Posted by letsgetyolked View Post
    And thanks everybody for ur help. I'm gonna go grab some NAC today.
    I would recommend taking some vitamin c supplement with that NAC if i was you. Possibly even some zinc.

Quote Originally Posted by letsgetyolked View Post
    What are u trying to say? I asked a simple question. I've run liv52 and milk thistle on my previous cycles and realized I may need to take more precaution as I'm running an oral this time..
    He was referring to your age. The fact that this is your 3rd cycle and your only 22 means that you started AAS at the age of 20 or 21, which is not good for your future health. Your natty test levels should be sky high until you hit the age of 25, which means you don't need AAS. You might end up damaging your HPTA in the long run amongst other possible sides.

The weird thing is whenever I start to take oral steroids or any thing that is harsh on the liver I feel a pain in that area pretty quickly. Like if I have like 3 energy drinks back to back I will get a pain right where my liver is. Maybe it could be stomach ulcers or something. I've went to the doctors and they can never really find anything wrong. I feel like NAC has helped a little bit though.

Thread Information