Anabolic steroids, bodybuilding discussion forums. - Steroidology

rui products
 

(Forum for members to discuss the use of anabolic steroids)

Results 1 to 16 of 16
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By JAXLOPAX
  1. #1
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    20
    Rep Power
    2
    All Testosterone USP Products Made From Soy?
    I am curious as to what organic material is actually used to make Testosterone USP for injection use? I ask this as I have a sensitivity to Soy but back last winter I did a cycle of Test E and I was completely fine. Recently though I read that Testosterone USP may be synthesized from Soy. So is pretty much all Test E out there today synthesized from Soy does any one know?

  2. #2
    Amateur Bodybuilder GoPro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    802
    Rep Power
    2
    okay, thats crazy. It starts out as cholesterol. Thats the base for most Testosterone. And then most of the oils used are cotton seed, safflower, GSO, EO, and a couple others.

  3. #3
    I like turtles. halfwit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    7,624
    Rep Power
    7
    Bioidentical testosterone is indeed made from either yams or soy oils. Good luck finding out which is the source of the USP stuff you're taking, but I have a feeling that by the time it's refined to a powder and reconstituted, whatever you were sensitive to is long gone at that point.

    Edit: GoPro is correct in that the carrier oil used is not soy based, just the actual hormone itself can be.

  4. #4
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    20
    Rep Power
    2
    ^Yes right okay that is what I thought. back in the winter I used Test E USP from a UGL that used grape seed oil as a carrier. I have a peanut allergy as well do it worked out fine for me. My soy sensitivity is not as severe as my peanut allergy but I did get a very itchy/tight feeling throat before from drinking soy milk. Anyways I have managed now to get some Pharm grade/Human grade Test E for my next cycle and right on one of the pamphlets it says.

    When it should not be used:

    Is you have a known allergy to one of it's components (the active ingredient is testosterone, which may be synthesized from soy; (see ''What the nonmedicinal ingredients are'' in this section.)

    So I am a bit unsure about what to do here.

  5. #5
    I like turtles. halfwit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    7,624
    Rep Power
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by JAXLOPAX View Post
    ^Yes right okay that is what I thought. back in the winter I used Test E USP from a UGL that used grape seed oil as a carrier. I have a peanut allergy as well do it worked out fine for me. My soy sensitivity is not as severe as my peanut allergy but I did get a very itchy/tight feeling throat before from drinking soy milk. Anyways I have managed now to get some Pharm grade/Human grade Test E for my next cycle and right on one of the pamphlets it says.

    When it should not be used:

    Is you have a known allergy to one of it's components (the active ingredient is testosterone, which may be synthesized from soy; (see ''What the nonmedicinal ingredients are'' in this section.)

    So I am a bit unsure about what to do here.
    I think it really depends on how bad your allergy is to soy products. If the worst you see is an itchy throat after drinking soy milk, I'd take one injection and see how bad it is. I am pretty sure they have to put that on the literature just in case they get someone that is deathly allergic to soy/yams and dies as a result - subsequently having their family sue them. I one time did have some test from a UGL that had some strange oil carrier which I happened to be mildly allergic to - I would just take a benedryl with every pin and feel fine.

    Please keep in mind that I am NOT a doctor and you should be prepared in case of an adverse reaction. I'm 90% sure you'll be fine, but please be careful.

  6. #6
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    20
    Rep Power
    2
    ^Okay thanks for the help bro. My soy sensitivity is rather strange as I have eaten many things with soy in them such as chocolate bars and many products but I think it is the fact maybe that the soy in most products that I have consumed with no problem is very refined. In the case of soy milk it may have been more raw or concentrated and that is what gave me an itchy throat and tongue. Like you say maybe I should just take one pin when I start this cycle and wait to see if anything happens. I also have the number for the lab that made this Test E as it is Pharm grade. Maybe I could call them and ask if they know what they use for their test powder?

  7. #7
    I like turtles. halfwit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    7,624
    Rep Power
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by JAXLOPAX View Post
    ^Okay thanks for the help bro. My soy sensitivity is rather strange as I have eaten many things with soy in them such as chocolate bars and many products but I think it is the fact maybe that the soy in most products that I have consumed with no problem is very refined. In the case of soy milk it may have been more raw or concentrated and that is what gave me an itchy throat and tongue. Like you say maybe I should just take one pin when I start this cycle and wait to see if anything happens. I also have the number for the lab that made this Test E as it is Pharm grade. Maybe I could call them and ask if they know what they use for their test powder?
    Worth a shot (yes, silly pun intended) to see if they even know where they get their raws from. I find it interesting that one of the biggest offenders of causing xenoestrogen poisoning in men is also what is used to make our chief sex hormone. The world never ceases to amaze me!

  8. #8
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    20
    Rep Power
    2
    ^Even if it is made from soy do you still think it is likely that I will probably be alright?

  9. #9
    I like turtles. halfwit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    7,624
    Rep Power
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by JAXLOPAX View Post
    ^Even if it is made from soy do you still think it is likely that I will probably be alright?
    Only one way to find out!

  10. #10
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    20
    Rep Power
    2
    ^True that thanks lol!
    halfwit likes this.

  11. #11
    Pumpin Up!! hardtarget's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    771
    Rep Power
    2
    I have never heard of this.

  12. #12
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    20
    Rep Power
    2
    Even if the Test is made out of Soy oils or whatever it is probably very refined by the time it is made into the Test raws right? A lot of the allergens are probably gone by that point. I am not sure though?

  13. #13
    I like turtles. halfwit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    7,624
    Rep Power
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by JAXLOPAX View Post
    Even if the Test is made out of Soy oils or whatever it is probably very refined by the time it is made into the Test raws right? A lot of the allergens are probably gone by that point. I am not sure though?
    Aww, I was hoping you had tried it and had positive results. Maybe someone with more insight on how the hormone powder is actually refined from the plant oils can chime in. I have no idea to be honest, and google just comes back with garbage results for me today. I do know that before it's able to be injected, it's heated and filtered - if that makes a difference to you.

  14. #14
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    20
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by halfwit View Post
    Aww, I was hoping you had tried it and had positive results. Maybe someone with more insight on how the hormone powder is actually refined from the plant oils can chime in. I have no idea to be honest, and google just comes back with garbage results for me today. I do know that before it's able to be injected, it's heated and filtered - if that makes a difference to you.
    Nah I have not tried it yet. I do not start my next cycle is until mid July. I ate some turkey burgers today that had hydrolyzed soy protein in them and no problems as usual. Like I said the only time I really had a problem with soy was the itchy/slightly tight feeling throat and tongue before when I drank soy milk. I know that soy milk is made out of whole unprocessed soybeans though. That was probably where the problem lay.

  15. #15
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    20
    Rep Power
    2
    So the Test E hormone powder itself is actually made from the oil of plants such as soy? It comes from the oil?

  16. #16
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    20
    Rep Power
    2
    I received this answer from an individual on another forum board I am part of.

    ''testosterone is testosterone, regardless of synthesis method, but potentially there could be some sort of soy byproduct left behind. that being said, i think there is little possibility of allergenic material being left behind during synthesis...

    cdn.intechopen.com/pdfs/19751...d_hormones.pdf

    the soy phytosterols are first isolated, then converted, this is all from soybean oil. Most allergies to soy would come from proteins, which are already out (or nearly out) of the picture by the time the soybean oil is refined. then this is further refined before conversion.. after multiple conversions to reach testosterone, the raw product is purified further, leaving chances of actual allergens super low...

    also, if pharmaceutical testosterone products had any chance of this kind of allergic reaction, wouldn't it be in the pamphlet?''

Thread Information
Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads
  1. By Hardtimes in forum Testosterone Replacement Therapy
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-15-2012, 08:50 PM
  2. By BuildJax in forum Anabolic Steroid Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-16-2011, 10:38 PM
  3. By jasonhoutx in forum Testosterone Replacement Therapy
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-13-2011, 12:44 AM
  4. By michaelc88 in forum Anabolic Steroid Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-15-2009, 05:11 PM
Tags for this Thread
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  

3Js Nutrition Network

juicepump







need to build muscle



solid muscle isolate 5lb

3Js Nutrition Network

solid muscle isolate 5lb







health and fitness talk