Anabolic steroids, bodybuilding discussion forums. - Steroidology

(Forum for members to discuss the use of anabolic steroids)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Rookie
    Question Infection from IM injection
    23years of age 5,8" height 198pds 10%bf
    Before I am flamed and told I'm to young to be taking AB maybe some an experienced user can help me out.
    Taking 750mg Sustanon (sust) 350 a week
    Everything has been going according to plan since the start. I've used multiple injection sites quads glute delts. I had one infection start in my left quad. Went to the doc he gave me antibiotics it cleared up fine. He said it may be the gear. So I trashed the last 3 shots from the vial. Opened a fresh on performed 3 shots. Got to my right quad for the 4th shot of the vial and have an infection starting in that quad now. I can't figure out why. Followed all procedures. Wipe top of vial, cleaned injection site used medical gloves. Does anyone have an idea why this could be. I use 22g 1" pin for quads.

Are you using fresh new needles EVERY inject? I'm surprised a doctor was so candid with you and suggested it was the gear to be honest. If you're still getting infections, and even moved to a new vial - it could be a bad batch.

Rookie
    Yes I do use a fresh pin every time. I draw with a 1-1/2" pin then switch to fresh 1" tip for quad and felt injections. The wired thing is i used 7 shots out of the first vial before I had a left quad infection and 3 shots from a fresh vial before I received this new right quad infection. The only thing that was a lil wired when I did the right quad a little bit of Sustanon (sust) came out when I removed the pin from the quad. Maybe it wasn't the correct angle of injection. I usually sit down using my knee annd hip as a reference then go 3/4 the way up the leg from the knee an 1" inch over then taking the pin vertically insert into the quad.

Oil coming from the injection site doesn't really mean anything. When you inject, you create a deal of pressure inside the muscle, which wants to escape - sometimes pushing out some oil/blood. You won't usually get an infection immediately as this is caused by bacteria, which need time to build up enough to become noticeable. Definitely sounds like a bad batch to me - I'd talk to your source and see what's up. Getting one infection can be dismissed, getting two from two different vials screams dirty lab to me.

Rookie
    Well I didn't really want to end cycle so early as I am barley half way through. So I proceded and went with a left delt injection today. I want to see if it has the same reaction to infection as the quad has since I must go back to the doctor anyway for more antibiotics. The one thing the doc did also say was the first Infection was not located in the muscle itself but it was a infection between the skin and the muscle. I don't know if that changes the prospective of considering a dirty lab and adequintly a bad batch.
    Last edited by Blatham151; 05-15-2013 at 03:05 PM.

It's your call, but that makes my skin crawl thinking of injecting something that is giving me a localized infection. I'm curious where this goes, so please keep us updated. I'd still talk to your source about this though if you can pinpoint this to dirty gear being the cause.
    riprockwell likes this.

Rookie
    I will report back in about 2 days to see if a new infection starts in the delt. I will try to get in contact with the source as well. Thank you for your help Halfwit

My pleasure man, be safe.

Pro Bodybuilder
    Halfwit is right. That sounds like a dirty batch for sure. That is not good you have gotten 2 infections. Seems like you are clean/sterile so its not anything you are doing. Definitely change sources.
    halfwit likes this.

lol this is one of those occasions where asking what source he is using in the open board is understandable ha ha ha ha. Not suggesting that anyone should do that or he should disclose the source because its against the rules. But im sure people can relate to my statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad- scientist View Post
    lol this is one of those occasions where asking what source he is using in the open board is understandable ha ha ha ha. Not suggesting that anyone should do that or he should disclose the source because its against the rules. But im sure people can relate to my statement.
    I thought about asking which lab it was a few times, as we ARE allowed to discuss brands, just not where they got it from. That's up to the OP if he wants to disclose this information though.

Rookie
    It was just weird to me that I was able to go through an entire bottle then make it 3/4 the way through the second then getting an infection. Then trashing the rest of the second bottle opening a third and making it half way through then receiving another infection. Plus both infections only happened in the quads. I'm not ruling out that it is bad gear but something about this is strange. I was not aware we were even allowed to discuss brands. It that true we can?

Quote Originally Posted by Blatham151 View Post
    It was just weird to me that I was able to go through an entire bottle then make it 3/4 the way through the second then getting an infection. Then trashing the rest of the second bottle opening a third and making it half way through then receiving another infection. Plus both infections only happened in the quads. I'm not ruling out that it is bad gear but something about this is strange. I was not aware we were even allowed to discuss brands. It that true we can?
    Brands (ex: Sciroxx/OptimumPharma/Kalpa/etc) is okay. Giving specific websites is not.

Rookie
    Well the brand was Dragon Pharmaceuticals product sust350

Rookie
    If the it is bad gear then this was a complete wasted cycle. I will not be able to receive new gear before the next injection in 2 days. I will check the lot numbers for the gear as well as this will identify if they are part of the same batch

Ah, never heard of them - sounds like a spin-off of BD's name recognition, but there are so many UGL's today it's nearly impossible to know of them all! Maybe they'll send you new vials if you tell them what's going on? I know many reputable sources will want to keep a customer happy if they have a legitimate issue.

are you sure it's an infection and just not bad pip? just because it gets red and swollen didn't mean you have an infection, could just be a bad injection. I get knots from sus 250, I wouldn't take 350

Yeah, I've had some serious pip that had all the signs of an infection but then just got better.

Rookie
    I just started my cycle of test E . First injection smooth and clean, some pip but nothing outta ordinary.

2nd injection on left quad. I decided to do z track method as I have never tried this method before. The next following 4 days it would be more painful and more red.
    Antibiotics on the 5th took it down ASAP.
    What the hell went wrong? I backtracked and figured it out.

This was the time I didn't alcohol wipe my injection site 3 to 4 times. Who knows maybe I got crappy alcohol .
    I also forgot to wipe the top of my vial .
    And I also might have touched my injection site , although I dunno if this is relevant because I washed my hands and everything else is sterile.

Either way... My injections now are prob free. And I'm sure it ain't my batch or else I would've been infected everytime.

Just wipe like you're OCD and shave the hairs off injection site.

Good luck man.

23years of age 5,8" height 198pds 10%bf
    Before I am flamed and told I'm to young to be taking AB maybe some an experienced user can help me out.
    Taking 750mg Sustanon (sust) 350 a week
    Everything has been going according to plan since the start. I've used multiple injection sites quads glute delts. I had one infection start in my left quad. Went to the doc he gave me antibiotics it cleared up fine. He said it may be the gear. So I trashed the last 3 shots from the vial. Opened a fresh on performed 3 shots. Got to my right quad for the 4th shot of the vial and have an infection starting in that quad now. I can't figure out why. Followed all procedures. Wipe top of vial, cleaned injection site used medical gloves. Does anyone have an idea why this could be. I use 22g 1" pin for quads.
    how do you know you have an infection?

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Leez View Post
    I just started my cycle of test E . First injection smooth and clean, some pip but nothing outta ordinary.

2nd injection on left quad. I decided to do z track method as I have never tried this method before. The next following 4 days it would be more painful and more red.
    Antibiotics on the 5th took it down ASAP.
    What the hell went wrong? I backtracked and figured it out.

This was the time I didn't alcohol wipe my injection site 3 to 4 times. Who knows maybe I got crappy alcohol .
    I also forgot to wipe the top of my vial .
    And I also might have touched my injection site , although I dunno if this is relevant because I washed my hands and everything else is sterile.

Either way... My injections now are prob free. And I'm sure it ain't my batch or else I would've been infected everytime.

Just wipe like you're OCD and shave the hairs off injection site.

Good luck man.
    Yeah so I always use extreme clean procedure for my injections. As I stated in the post at the begging of the thread. It is defiantly an infection cuz it turns black and blue around the pin hole and cause pain withing 6 inches of the exact injection site.
    Also it starts to build up blood in between the skin and muscle. A friend of mine looked into this and apparently the suspension in Sustanon (sust) can cause a crystallization to occur in the quad due to containing no ester. Your body bascule treats it as an immediate infection since the quads have such a fast absorption rate. Thus for his doctor has recommended to limit sustanon to the glute and delts the slower absorption muscles

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by joe d View Post
    how do you know you have an infection?
    The doctor determined it to be an internal skin infection.

how did the doctor determine this?

i think its very possible that you do not have an infection. if it is an infection from the gear the last thing you want to do is put more of it in you. it sounds to me like your not pinning deep enough and the area is getting irritated. im not suggesting you ignore your doctor either though. does he know what you are doing?

blood&guts
    While its hard not to hit myscle with 10% body fat if u saw nothing but oil coming out theres a good chance u might have hit a sub q fat deposit. I always go with a 1 1/2" for the quad. Any time I have had anything come back out it always has been mixed with blood. The muscle is blood rich and even if u slam that plunger down u will still get some blood with the oil coming back at ya.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by joe d View Post
    how did the doctor determine this?

i think its very possible that you do not have an infection. if it is an infection from the gear the last thing you want to do is put more of it in you. it sounds to me like your not pinning deep enough and the area is getting irritated. im not suggesting you ignore your doctor either though. does he know what you are doing?
    The doctor demed it an infection when he pulled a half cc of puss out of the injection site. Yes my doctor is aware of what I'm doing. He ain't happy with it but he is confused on this whole matter as well as us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Thread Information