Anabolic steroids, bodybuilding discussion forums. - Steroidology

Easily share your videos with everyone, public or private
Watch
Better than TV! Watch what you want, when you want!
Upload
Quickly upload and tag videos in almost any video format
rui products

(Forum for members to discuss the use of anabolic steroids)

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By ardbeg
  • 1 Post By anewguy
    cruising
    Default nutrition on vs off cycle
    I like to think I have my nutrition pretty locked down. I also think I eat a whole ton. I'm 6'6", 255lbs (+/- a few pounds every day, but always around 255), and 22% bf last I checked. The fat doesn't bother me too much. I want to know what I can expect to be eating on cycle compared to now. A typical day:

0530: wake up, go to the gym
    0800 (post workout): 6 eggs fried (coconut oil), 2c kale fresh, 3/4lb bacon (no sugar), 1c shredded carrots
    1030: 4 eggs scrambled (coconut oil), cubed pork chop (1/2lb), 2c spinach fresh
    1400: dried mango, 8 oz
    1825: 2c arugula fresh, 8oz chicken sausage (no nitrates or sugar), 1/2c guacamole, handful of cherry tomatoes
    2200: 2c chili (beef, pork, no legumes or artificial anything -- lots of veggie carbs appx 12 oz protein)
    2345: go to bed

I get 1.5-2 gallons of water in throughout the day (I measure this). I don't normally do dairy, but sometimes post workout I'll have a pint of whole chocolate milk (sorry, it's a cheat, I just can't stand regular milk). The beef (and milk...) is grass-fed, the chickens are pastured (yeah, I have kind of a bromance going with my butcher...), the pork comes from polyface farms...

Anyways, I keep a real detailed food log. So what's got my attention here is I eat when I'm hungry, I eat till I'm full, and I don't see a lot of room to be adding in more food. Will I need to actually get more protein in when I'm on-cycle? This is almost two pounds of meat before counting the ten eggs. I feel like, from reading the on-cycle recommendations that I am already eating like I am "on cycle." What would need to change?

Oh, and for goals -- I am a strength athlete, not a bb. I do strongman events and olympic lifts. I try to keep my aerobic capacity up, but I don't ever really run more than 5k. If a training log would help, I can post that -- I've got those too.

Amateur Bodybuilder alexus hensicus's Avatar
    What are your macros tracked at, cause there's not much for carbs here and you could use variety in the protein selection. What goals are you looking for?

cruising
    What do you mean by "tracked at"? Most of the carbs I get in are vegetables. If I'm feeling peckish I have a sweet potato or two. I really don't get a lot of sugar in; if I do, it's fruit.

I've never heard about protein variety...? I move between chicken, beef, and pork because that's what's around. If I go out to dinner, there's occasionally lamb or venison. I avoid shrimp and fish because it's so expensive for what you get -- although I do take fish oil.

As far as my goals, I'm looking to augment training. I train hard 4-ish days a week (sometimes a day less when I'm super sore, sometimes a day more when I've got time or I'm working on something), and just want to increase explosivity and strength. Since I don't get judged on how I look, carrying a little extra bf around doesn't bother me.

cruising
    Also, my main question is not "what's wrong with my diet" (unless something really sticks out here) but "am I going to have to eat more or differently on-cycle." I'm planning out a first cycle and want to make sure I do everything correctly before diving in.

I am banned!
    You need to eat more carbs and protein that's for sure and don't be getting carbs mainly from fruit and veg. A lot of carbs will give you strength so stock up on sweet potatos and oats.

cruising
    thanks YMB -- you mean right now or on-cycle?
    You mad Bro likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ardbeg View Post
    thanks ymb -- you mean right now or on-cycle?
    all day everyday son!
    You mad Bro likes this.

Amateur Bodybuilder alexus hensicus's Avatar
    Just think of on cycle your main muscle gaining time and off sustaining gains. Yes you can still gain off cycle but number 1 is keeping everything from cycle.

Thread Information