Anabolic steroids, bodybuilding discussion forums. - Steroidology

rui products

(Forum for members to discuss the use of anabolic steroids)

What is your training routine?
    Hey everyone,

I know this may not be the appropriate forum, so I apologize... I would just like to see a response before Christmas lol.

So I am becoming slightly unhappy with my training routine. ID like to see what a few of you fellas have been doing and how it's working for ya... Please post your stats, approx calories per day, splits, days on/off, one body part or two, etc.

Sorry for being so meticulous but I just think it'd be good for me and several others to see how we are all training. We focus so much on aas and diet ya know? Thanks...

5 days a week, weekends off

chest- (Mon), bi and tri's (tues), shoulders (wed), legs (thurs), Back ( Fri)
    add in 10 min of cardio ( bike) ed after an hour of a good pump

Day 1- Chest/bis
    Day 2- Shoulders/Tris
    Day 3- Legs
    Day 4- Off
    Day 5- Back
    Day 6-#1
    Day 7- Off

Alternating abs/calves EOD and 30-45 mins cardio 3x a week.

thanks fellas. Bump...

Thursday: Bis & Tris. ABS instead of cardio
    Friday: Shoulders
    Saturday: Legs
    Sunday: Off
    Monday: Back&Bi w/ ABS (only 1 exercise for bis)
    Tuesday: Chest
    Wednesday: Off

Amateur Bodybuilder
    Monday:Chest/Triceps
    Tuesday:All legs/core
    Wednesday:Rest
    Thursday:Back/Biceps
    Friday:Shoulders/calfs/core
    Saturday:Rest
    Sunday:Rest.
    Try to mix up exercises every session each week, incorporating supper sets etc and trying out new exercises. Always start with bodyweight exercises.

Average day's eat:
    8 am 1cup oatmeal 8 egg whites 2 bananas
    11 am 2 tins of tuna on wholewheat bread x2 handful of almonds
    2 pm PWO shake with oats semi skimmed milk 2 bananas whacked in a blender tblespoon olive oil.
    5 pm 250g plain chicken breast handful of brocolli and new potatoes
    8 pm 250g plain chicken breast handful of brocolli and new potatoes
    11 pm 8 oz rump steak with brown rice and some cottage cheese.

I eat fruit throughout the day and only drink water. once a week I might have a sprite zero but very rarely.
    Last edited by MrMitcheyBoy; 08-07-2012 at 01:33 PM. Reason: forgot to add diet

Amateur Bodybuilder
    Quote Originally Posted by sniper8988 View Post
    Day 1- Chest/bis
    Day 2- Shoulders/Tris
    Day 3- Legs
    Day 4- Off
    Day 5- Back
    Day 6-#1
    Day 7- Off

Alternating abs/calves EOD and 30-45 mins cardio 3x a week.
    you work chest and bi's twice in 1 week? don't you feel thats a bit overkill? I would use day 6 as rest. also your working your tri's 2 days in arow with chest and shoulders and biceps 2 days in a row with chest/bi's and back. Just my input

Amateur Bodybuilder
    Every lift every 3 days. Natty or geared. Works great.

Hey mitchey what are your stats bro?

Amateur Bodybuilder
    Quote Originally Posted by MN87 View Post
    Really......... I suppose I can see the potential but won't your muscles just get used to that routine then you'll stop gains? I'm always open to new ideas

Amateur Bodybuilder
    Quote Originally Posted by anewguy View Post
    Hey mitchey what are your stats bro?
    24 6 foot 202 lb 10% Bf (BF is pre cycle so probably changed)

Amateur Bodybuilder
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMitcheyBoy View Post
    Really......... I suppose I can see the potential but won't your muscles just get used to that routine then you'll stop gains? I'm always open to new ideas
    I respond well to it. Others may not, but you'll never know until you try. There are always things you can tweak here and there as you go along.

That's the beauty of this all. The subjectivity of training
    Last edited by MN87; 08-07-2012 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MN87 View Post
    ^ ^ sounds like a powerlifter to me! atta boy. it can be time consuming but we bench press then and hit every muscle group of the upper body on mondays, deadlift and hit quads and calves on wednesday, squat and then hit glutes and hams on saturday. we usually switch around the routine about every eight weeks though.

Pro Bodybuilder
    I alternate these three every month or so...

day 1: chest
    day 2: legs
    day 3: rest
    day 4: back
    day 5: shoulders
    day 6: bi's/tri's
    day 7: off

or

day 1: chest/shoulders
    day 3: rest
    day 4: back
    day 5: tri's/bi's
    day 6: rest
    day 7: rest

or

day 1: chest/shoulders/tri's
    day 3: back/bi's
    train eod for this one

Rookie
    Really surprised that no one is using any proven, well known routines. Kind of funny how most guys that use gear are convinced that they can design their own routines when natural athletes/trainees will always opt for a well proven routine. I suspect a lot of guys that use gear wouldn't make gains without it.

GVT and HST are my two favorites.

GVT (German Volume Training) is simple but brutally hard and you are sore for 3 or 4 days after your workout while off the gear. And I mean SORE. The type of sore that makes you limp for days after leg day. Really amazing for inducing hypertrophy. I normally do chest/tris on day 1, back/bis day 2, day 3 off, legs and shoulders day 4, day 5 off then repeat. Alot of guys go with a 7 day split instead of 5 though because it's so fucking hard. You can also do chest/back on day 1 and arms/shoulders on day 2.

HST (Hypertrophy Specific Training) is crazy technical and requires some planning for finding your maxes as well as strategic deconditioning. You work your whole body every other day, with days of inbetween, then take two days off for the weekend. The awesome thing about HST (other than the hypertrophy) is the bonus strength you get as well as the bonus cardio from doing your whole body at the same time. You need to know your maxes though in order to work towards those as goals at the ends of certain weeks. Really amazing routine, especially when you're on gear.

Currently giving DC training a go.

Amateur Bodybuilder
    Quote Originally Posted by live_evil View Post
    Really surprised that no one is using any proven, well known routines. Kind of funny how most guys that use gear are convinced that they can design their own routines when natural athletes/trainees will always opt for a well proven routine. I suspect a lot of guys that use gear wouldn't make gains without it.

GVT (German Volume Training) is simple but brutally hard and you are sore for 3 or 4 days after your workout while off the gear. And I mean SORE. The type of sore that makes you limp for days after leg day. Really amazing for inducing hypertrophy. I normally do chest/tris on day 1, back/bis day 2, day 3 off, legs and shoulders day 4, day 5 off then repeat. Alot of guys go with a 7 day split instead of 5 though because it's so fucking hard. You can also do chest/back on day 1 and arms/shoulders on day 2.

HST (Hypertrophy Specific Training) is crazy technical and requires some planning for finding your maxes as well as strategic deconditioning. You work your whole body every other day, with days of inbetween, then take two days off for the weekend. The awesome thing about HST (other than the hypertrophy) is the bonus strength you get as well as the bonus cardio from doing your whole body at the same time. You need to know your maxes though in order to work towards those as goals at the ends of certain weeks. Really amazing routine, especially when you're on gear.
    Sound the alarm, we have a regimen elitist on our hands

Quote Originally Posted by live_evil View Post

I did jim wendler's 5-3-1 program for a year. got good results but got bored with it. sounds like you have it all figured out though bud. we're all just the blind leading the blind here i guess lol.

Novice
    Bit of a mix of conjugate training methodology and standard linear progression.... my upper body seems to react very well to 1 month training cycles with 10 lb gains / month, while my lower body is past that, and responds pretty much exclusively to conjugate training (and occasional 2-3 waves of 5/3/1 after meets)

Amateur Bodybuilder
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkIV92 View Post
    Bit of a mix of conjugate training methodology and standard linear progression.... my upper body seems to react very well to 1 month training cycles with 10 lb gains / month, while my lower body is past that, and responds pretty much exclusively to conjugate training (and occasional 2-3 waves of 5/3/1 after meets)
    I think people dismiss simple linear progression start too specialize wayyy too early nowadays. Every month a new issue of Muscle and Fitness will catch someone's eye and tell them why their routine is inferior to the one that they've decided to publish in that issue.

"I need to get my bench up, I struggle at lockout so I need to work on my tris because they're definitely a weak point"

Naw nigga, you bench 250, your entire bench is a weak point, just bench and eat more you fool.

Sometimes just a little volume manipulation goes a long way.

Novice
    Linear progression is hit or miss for me. Like, I did it for OHP for a while, got it up to 170, then it stalled and 5/3/1 wouldn't do anything for it... then jumped on a routine with monthly gains built in... worked fine

lost linear gains for my bench... did westside for a while, built some top end strength, then all of a sudden linear gains came right back

For legs, most linear routines have just too much volume, if I were to be pulling over 600 2x a month (I"m still natty) I'd burn out fast

Volume doesn't seem to work long term... but after a long prep up to a meet (powerlifting) I usually find falling back to volume can give some nice results - at least for a while

Amateur Bodybuilder
    ^ One of my favorite things about juicing (halfway through my first cycle) is that it made linear progression possible for my bench ones again. Just go in, add some weight, and do some more reps. Life is simple... getting better at the lift by doing the lift

Linear progression stalled out for me a long time ago on bench but I still have some success varying my volume schemes... youd be surprised how creative you can get with volume manipulation. You say you would get burned out given some of these volume routines, but have you ever tried? A lot of people underestimate their recovery ability and have preconceived notions of what they can and can't do, natty or not

Other than that, yeah, lift cycling is the only thing that works for me. Generally I try to keep the variants as close to my comp bench as possible... so my bench variants are mostly just grip variations, whether width, bar (football bar vs straight bar, etc), etc.

Novice
    I've 'discovered' (this might be overkill for you guys on juice, but I've kept up with the progression natty) a little training cycle that has worked well for my upper body lifts (worked well for one cycle lower body, then burned me out too quickly, couldn't keep up with it)

Will give you an example of my OHP cycle:

5 x 5 at straight weight: 145 x 5 x 5 (then one drop set @ 125... should be easy day but will get you accustomed to new volume. Though this day is easy, this is the only day that matter. Imagine a standard increasing 5 x 5, only the other weeks just serve to make it possible.
    5 x 5 ascending: 135 x 5 145 x 5 155 x 5 165 x 5 175 x 5 - should be one of your hardest days
    5 x 3 ascending: 145 x 3 155 x 3 165 x 3 175 x 3 185 x 3 - with a drop set at 135 x however many for extra volume
    3 x 3 flat sets at 185 or 190, however heavy you feel

Then raise week one by 10 lbs, then go after it again.

It doesn't matter if you can keep up with the full progression of weeks 2-4, as long as your week one keep going up 10 lbs per cycle, there is no problem. Helped me get my OHP up 50 lbs, pretty happy with it so far

Pro Bodybuilder
    most of u guys sound way too much like powerlifters (haha, sorry for my judgement boys)...

I'm on the bodybuilding side of the fence so... it's not all about "how much u lift or press", it's more about how your muscles are responding and diet of course
    Last edited by China_Wall; 08-08-2012 at 04:49 AM.

Novice
    i'll get back at this in a min!

Thread Information