Anabolic steroids, bodybuilding discussion forums. - Steroidology

Easily share your videos with everyone, public or private
Watch
Better than TV! Watch what you want, when you want!
Upload
Quickly upload and tag videos in almost any video format
rui products

(Forum for members to discuss the use of anabolic steroids)

Thread:

heavy dumbbells

Question heavy dumbbells
    posting this question in here as I know the guys who throw the most weight around usually hang here....lol

I've been training for about 25 years but notice when I'm on cycle and using a lot of weight I find I have to be a lot more careful than I used to.

ex: heavy incline dumbbell presses. do you guys clean them from the floor and fall back? go from the floor to thighs, then up, or get one or both handed to you?

I personally train at odd times, what I like to call instinctive training...lol so I train alone, and grab another meathead if I need a spot, other than that, have trained alone most of my years, even for comps, call me a loner, whatever, just have injuries to train around, and train according to what my body is telling me as opposed to scheduled days. if my chest is still sore, I give it another day off, etc...

just curious if I'm in the minority or not?

as far as incline dumbbell presses, what I usually do is squat and pick them up by my sides, then sit down with them on my thighs and use my legs to help thrust them up one at a time. That first rep is always a bitch though!

I don't have a spot with me usually though, I just be careful with DB and use light weight on BB. I have tweaked my wrist before working with heavy dumbbells, although I think it was curls that caused the issue. Gotta be careful...

Amateur Bodybuilder
    I used to pick em up off the rack and drop them/roll them over to my bench. Line em up side by side, then row em one by one onto my thighs. Then just kick em backwards and go from there.

But I'm lazy nowadays, so I'll usually get one guy to hand em off to me. Left first, right second, then I kick em up. I don't like a lift off or any sort of spot.. I'm just too lazy to put them onto my knees anymore.

Olympian Bodybuilder crazyfmike's Avatar
    I can push well more weight then I can handle into position.

I've trained solo for over 20 years, nothing worse them hearing the fucking excuses from your "partner" failing to show up again.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfmike View Post
    I can push well more weight then I can handle into position.

I've trained solo for over 20 years, nothing worse them hearing the fucking excuses from your "partner" failing to show up again.
    I hear you there brother. everyone's got an excuse, plus I like to train what I want, when I want, so don't like to be on schedule with anybody else.

Amateur Bodybuilder
    Quote Originally Posted by anewguy View Post
    as far as incline dumbbell presses, what I usually do is squat and pick them up by my sides, then sit down with them on my thighs and use my legs to help thrust them up one at a time. That first rep is always a bitch though!

I don't have a spot with me usually though, I just be careful with DB and use light weight on BB. I have tweaked my wrist before working with heavy dumbbells, although I think it was curls that caused the issue. Gotta be careful...
    Agree, same.

Junior Bodybuilder
    Floor to quad then kick up the quads with the bells on them and lean back and begin the set....Then I reverse it when done.

If it really heavy on heavy day.After the set..I would drop them on the floor.That doesn't happen often.I rather work in the 8-10 range.

Thread Information