Anabolic steroids, bodybuilding discussion forums. - Steroidology

(Forum for members to discuss the use of anabolic steroids)

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By XxxMadMaxxX
    Do you aspirate?
    Just checking to see if this is something you all do. I hear YES you MUST - dont want to put oil into your veins, but I also hear that its a myth. There is no vein big enough by muscle for that to happen. Me personally going onto week 3 have never done so, but will on Monday.

Novice
    you don't HAVE to. Just the same way you don't HAVE TO wear your seatbelt. Chances are if you don't do it a few times you might get away with it. But one day when you get in an accident it could have saved your ass and it would have just taken 2 seconds to reach over and clip it on. Same thing with aspirating, you dont have to, but is a safety precaution that takes about 3 extra seconds so why not do it?

BTW YES I ALWAYS ASPIRATE

Novice
    No, not necessary, however, if you want to play it safe than go ahead. I personally believe that you'll be fine without aspirating, but you'll hear different opinions on here. Take your time and do it right bro......whatever you're more comfortable with.

not as often as I should. I'm not a good example. you should do it.

As long as you do not change the depth of the needle after checking than this is a good way to prevent injecting into a vein. Picking the huge muscle groups also helps.

YES!!!! It aint no myth bro! Just a little oil in your blood stream and you in for a fucking cough of your life! It will last for at least 10 minutes. Always aspirate bro turst me

Yeah I'm gonna start next week. 5 extra seconds of time is better than fucking up my cycle and worst yet fucking me up! The guys that do aspirate have you ever drawn blood? If you do better to move needle in same spot and try again or pick a different site? Dont matter to me as pinning is nothing. In a sick and twisted way I actually enjoy it! Dont judge me! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by djjohnnied View Post
    you don't HAVE to. Just the same way you don't HAVE TO wear your seatbelt. Chances are if you don't do it a few times you might get away with it. But one day when you get in an accident it could have saved your ass and it would have just taken 2 seconds to reach over and clip it on. Same thing with aspirating, you dont have to, but is a safety precaution that takes about 3 extra seconds so why not do it?

BTW YES I ALWAYS ASPIRATE
    Well said. Why wouldn't you.

Quote Originally Posted by erocafeller420 View Post
    Yeah I'm gonna start next week. 5 extra seconds of time is better than fucking up my cycle and worst yet fucking me up! The guys that do aspirate have you ever drawn blood? If you do better to move needle in same spot and try again or pick a different site? Dont matter to me as pinning is nothing. In a sick and twisted way I actually enjoy it! Dont judge me! LOL
    Ive drawn blood once. Looked like a damn lava lamp! I said fuck the bull shit and just switched cheeks.

Rookie
    ^This, takes 2 seconds, why not.

3ct
    Junior Bodybuilder
    Quote Originally Posted by erocafeller420 View Post
    yes i've been injecting since last february since i'm on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) and after a while wasn't aspirating all the time since i was hearing people say it's not necessary but, when i wouldn't do it i wouldn't feel right about it so i ended up continuing to aspirate and for the first time a couple days ago i drew blood, i switched cheeks and shot.

TylerDurdn
    I'm very guilty of not aspirating, but haven't had any problems so far...not saying don't do it though.

Ripped up like Rambo XxxMadMaxxX's Avatar
    Ya I'm on the same slowly sinking boat. I know all the reasons for aspirating and yet I don't do it. In fact I don't think I have ever done it because my favorite place to prick is in my gluts and I find it very difficult to turn my torso and reach around with my other hand just to pull the plunger with out moving the needle. <<< this is very occward if u r trying to administer the shot by your self!

One of these days I will learn the hard way!

Ripped up like Rambo XxxMadMaxxX's Avatar
    Ha ha kinda like safe sex.

I'm an advocate of it but do I always practice it???

Fuck no!
    5tolen likes this.

no...
    15 years of gear....never aspirated once.

Aspirating, is old school. They don't even teach RNs to aspirate any more. Don't agree? Just ask the CDC, ACIP, DHS, AAFP, DOH, or the WHO. For them to say so, it holds water. I never aspirate, and have been using AAS for over a dozen years. Even with SQ injections.

The EBP and ACIP also do not recommend aspiration. Some argue not to aspirate vaccines, but to aspirate other drugs. Jet injections are not aspirated though. I know many who have been using AAS ED for many many years who have yet to aspirate. Read on...

According to the CDC they state-

"Aspiration - Aspiration is the process of pulling back on the plunger of the syringe prior to injection to ensure that the medication is not injected into a blood vessel. Although this practice is advocated by some experts, the procedure is not required because no large blood vessels exist at the recommended injection sites."

"Aspiration is not indicated for SC injections of vaccines, immunizations and insulin."

"Aspiration is not indicated for IM injections of vaccines and immunizations."

STTI International Nursing Research Congress Vancouver, July 2009

Organizations which state aspiration is not necessary:

Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
    Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP)
    Department of Health Services (DHS)
    American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP)
    U.K. Department of Health (DoH)
    World Health Organization (WHO)

References:

1. Atkinson, W. L., Pickering, L. K., Schwartz, B., Weniger, B. G., Iskander, J. K., & Watson, J. C. (2002). General Recommendations on Immunization: Recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) and the American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP). Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report, 51, RR2. 1-33.

2. Chiodini, J. (2001). Best practice in vaccine administration. Nursing Standard, 16(7), 35-38.

3. Diggle, L. (2007). Injection technique for immunization. Practice Nurse, 33(1), 34-37.

4. Gammel, J. A. (1927). Arterial embolism: an unusual complication following the intramuscular administration of bismuth. Journal of the American Medical Association, 88, 998-1000.

5. Ipp, M., Taddio, A., Sam, J., Goldbach, M., & Parkin, P. C. (2007). Vaccine related pain: randomized controlled trial of two injection technique Archives of Disease in Childhood,92,1105-1108.

6. Li, J.T., Lockey, R. F., Bernstein, I. L., Portnoy, J. M., & Nicklas, R. A. (2003). Allergen immunotherapy: A practice parameter. Annuals of Allergy, Asthma, & Immunology, 1-40.

7. Livermore, P. (2003). Teaching home administration of sub-cutaneous methotrexate. Paediatric Nursing, 15(3), 28-32.

8. Middleton, D. B., Zimmerman, R. K., & Mitchell, K. B. (2003). Vaccine schedules and procedures, 2003. The Journal of Family Practice, 52(1), S36-S46.

9. Nicoli, L. H., & Hesby, A. (2002). Intramuscular injection: An integrative research review and guidelines for evidence-based practice. Applied Nursing Research,16(2), 149-162.

10. Ozel, A., Yavuz, H., & Erkul, I. (1995). Gangrene after penicillin injection: A case report. The Turkish Journal of Pediatrics, 37(1), 567-71.

11. Peragallo-Dittko, V. (1995). Aspiration of the subcutaneous insulin injection: Clinical evaluation of needle size and amount of subcutaneous fat. The Diabetes Educator, 21(4), 291-296.

12. Roger, M. A., & King, L. (2000). Drawing up and administering intramuscular injections: A review of the literature. Journal of Advanced Nursing, 31(3), 574-582.

13. Talbert, J. L., Haslam, R. H. & Haller, J. A. (1967). Gangrene of the foot following intramuscular injection in the lateral thigh: A case report with recommendations for prevention. The Journal of Pediatrics, 70(1), 110-114.

14. Workman, B. (1999). Safe injection techniques. Nursing Standard, 13 (39), 47-53.

15. World Health Organization (2004). Immunization in Practice, Module 6: Holding an immunization session. Immunization in Practice: A practical resource guide for health workers –2004 update,1-29.

16. Center for Nursing History at Misericordia University: http://www.misericordia.edu17. Levels of Evidence, Canadian Medical Association & Centre for Evidence-Based Medicine (2001). Available at:http://www.cebm.net/index18. Melnyk, B. M., & Fineout-Overholt, E. (2005). Evidence-Based Practice in Nursing & Healthcare: A Guide to Best Practice. Philadelphia: Lippincott, Williams & Wilkins.

/V

Quote Originally Posted by TylerDurdn View Post
    I'm very guilty of not aspirating, but haven't had any problems so far...not saying don't do it though.
    you and me both brother, what's a good cough once in awhile...lol

always why take the risk

Novice
    I agree it takes seconds why not for the safety of it.

it takes all of 2 secs ... might aswell

Pretty stupid not to.

As the above poster stated, according to several healthcare organizations aspirating is not recommended when injecting vaccines, immunizations or insulin. But when your injecting substances coming from an underground source why would you take the chance? I concur with many who said to JUST DO IT! lol

Junior Bodybuilder
    i wasnt big on doing it because i thought it was not needed until 1 day i must have injected into a vein because within seconds i was coughing so bad i could barely breathe, very light headed and felt i was going to pass out.. that feeling lasted at least 10 minutes and scared the shit out of me.... so the answer is yes ,do it..

Always do it.

Thread Information