Anabolic steroids, bodybuilding discussion forums. - Steroidology

rui products

(Forum for members to discuss the use of anabolic steroids)

Pain In Wrist / Hand
    Hey fellas I know this is a bit off topic, but I wanted to see if any of you have suggestions. I have not been on any AAS this year, just fyi.

I have been waking up to pain in my left wrist and knuckles. It is worse in the morning... And getting worse every morning. I feel it when I am doing pressing lifts on chest day too. It's not unbearable but is steady getting worse each day. I am leaving for vacation tomorrow and will be doing NO lifting until Monday. I will only be doing cardio on the beach as I am cutting anyway.

Now, obviously your answers will tell me to go the doc. I know that lol... If it worsens I will be headed down to get an MRI, x-ray, etc. I just wanted to see if anyone else experiences this pain and if something simple like dumbbell presses could be causing it.

Any advice is appreciated...

I'm sure that if your form was off one day you could of pulled something causing the pain, hopefully you just need a break and isn't that what vacation is all about? Good luck bro

Olympian Bodybuilder crazyfmike's Avatar
    Repetitive movement/ CTS type aggravation is what it sounds like. These nagging buggers indicate some time off is due.

thank you fellas. I hope 6 days off is enough. I don't have the time to lose.... I'm trying to prep for a bulk.

I have always had fairly weak/small wrists. Genetics really screwed me on that one... I actually have always been able to tell that my wrists hold me back when maxing out.

if you aren't gonna take time off, which most of us probably wouldn't, ice that bastard whenever you have time. if it doesn't show improvement with some time off, yeah get it checked out dude.

I too have small wrists and when I did heavy weights I wrapped my wrists..
    Age 50
    5 11

wight 206

TRT- 125 test c-Walgreens

Ab s cuts and vascularity courtesy of 3J s network

wrap it ,ice it , use a homeopathic anti inflamatory cream like traumel or topracin,every day..

Junior Bodybuilder
    Use Dumb-bells instead of straight bars and fixed machines.So it doesn't lock your wrists and dumb-bells will give you the fuller free range of motion.

I had pain twisting my wrist during tri-extensions...no straight bar for a month..but used barbells after 2 weeks and slowly bringing up the weights.

You can try NSAIDs—but also referred to as nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory agents/analgesics (NSAIAs)

Works wonders after a few days.

Excellent answers.. You guys are awesome. What do yall wrap it with? Like with sports tape?

Also... this is probably a stupid question, but I found this on a search about NSAIDS... Surely they will not block the wrong hormones right? lol

Aleve is an over-the-counter drug in the family known as non-steroidal anti-inflammatories or NSAIDs. All NSAIDs block hormonelike substances that contribute to pain, inflammation, fever and muscle cramps

Quote Originally Posted by Duke30 View Post
    Use Dumb-bells instead of straight bars and fixed machines.So it doesn't lock your wrists and dumb-bells will give you the fuller free range of motion.

I had pain twisting my wrist during tri-extensions...no straight bar for a month..but used barbells after 2 weeks and slowly bringing up the weights.

You can try NSAIDs***8212;but also referred to as nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory agents/analgesics (NSAIAs)

Works wonders after a few days.
    anti-inflammatories do work wonders but if you buy over the counters don't spend the extra on Aleve as it is exactly the same ingredient as generic, just more money. 200mg naproxen. ibuprofen works also.

Thanks Harnold, will do.

I am headed out to the store now to grab some pre wrap and tape... Gotta wrap this before I lift tonight because I am doing biceps. Thanks again everyone

Heavy barbell curls or heavy curls in general will cause this pain, I have a little of it myself and it comes and goes worse on some days than others.

Now I use wrist wraps and they have helped a great deal. But do not use them to often or it can make your wrists weak I don't use them on warm up sets.

Does the pain radiate into the outside of your forearms at all?

Thanks hellsman

No the pain is in the wrist and knuckles. I think it may be a problem in the wrist that is radiating down the fingers. Or maybe thats just wishful thinking...

Ice, NSAIDS, and a week off man

All of the above.... Check. Even got a carpell tunnel type wrist support brace. Icing it now... And got a 200 count of off-brand aleve.

Gonna go to the beach and kick back for 5 days. Celebrate the end of this 6 month cut! I'm assuming the extended caloric defecit has contributed to the injury. Oh well.. Part of the game. Thanks y'all.

Novice
    Hey boss. I'm in the same boat. Hurt my wrist on week one of current cycle playing tennis of all things with the wife-no homo. Left wrist. Twisted it a little and pinched something inside. On week four now and its a constant problem. Make sure your 100% before you jump on next cycle. I've tried everything ice/heat, time off, every joint support known to man etc and its still the same. Now everytime I lift I start out really light even 25lb dumbell presses to try to work through it. Even with that it still hurts like hell, and my switch flips and I throw the pussy weights back on the rack and grab some heavy shit and just torcher it until the pain goes away. Definatly not the right way to fix it, but I'm so frusterated with it that thats what it always turns into. Wait until your completely healed before you jump back on.

Junior Bodybuilder
    There's nothing worse than a niggling pain during cycle ...I have this slight nigglging pain in shoulder not the joint but muscle and it's pissing me off ....right off

This lovely little problem has returned. I am 3 weeks into my cycle too. This time it occurs much worse after lifting days, and not necessarily in the morning

Junior Bodybuilder
    My wriat kill always when i do curls

chains
    sounds like carpal tunnel like symptoms, if you havent hurt the rest then the pain should go away while resting, anti-inflammatory helps plus icing.

The symptoms you are experiencing could be indications that you have carpel tunnel or arthritis.

Junior Bodybuilder
    no bump tho in the area that hurts? trying to rule out that it could be a cyst

Quote Originally Posted by anewguy View Post
    This lovely little problem has returned. I am 3 weeks into my cycle too. This time it occurs much worse after lifting days, and not necessarily in the morning
    I use a full wrist brace that prevents any movement. Mine is for elbow tendonitis, but it helps the wrist too. With gloves on it doesn't look as obvious. I have no pain now, so I don't care what it looks like. I even wore the brace at night for the first few days of pain. When you have your wrist wrapped you really understand how much twist you put into a curl. A curling bar helps, but the wrist wrap is even better.

Ossur Exoform Wrist Brace Carpal Tunnel Syndrome 6" | eBay

uniquemicals
Thread Information