Anabolic steroids, bodybuilding discussion forums. - Steroidology

(Forum for members to discuss the use of anabolic steroids)

Amateur Bodybuilder
    Anyone tried lean gains/IF diet while on cycle?
    I've always been into carb cycling, and it's worked well for me for certain things: maintaining strength/size on a cut, and staying lean on a bulk.

For my upcoming cycle though (test + var), I'd like to take more of a recomp approach. Seems like Berkham's lean gains approach would be ideal for something like this. A 16 hour fast where you're insulin sensitive and burn fat, and an 8 hour anabolic feeding window. I feel like any catabolic effects that might be induced by the fast (if any) would be spared with the high amounts of hormones running through your system, thereby really expediting fat loss.

So that's basically my question. Has anyone ever tried the lean gains approach while trying to recomp on cycle? How'd that work out for you (compared to, say, other diets you used while on cycle).

Junior Bodybuilder
    Bro, I ran LG program for 3 months last year as a cutting/recomp cycle. That shit works. With that said I didn't gain anything (size) on the other hand I didn't lose any size either. I was disappointed with the lack of gains, but in hind sight I didn't lose anything while cutting. Make sure if you train in the mornings that you hammer the BCCAs while training. If you train fasted and do it without the BCCAs I promise you will lose muscle. A guy I workout with ran the same program without supplements and I could almost see his arms get smaller.
    Bottom line, IMO the guy behind the LG/IF scheme uses alot of creativity (I'm calling bullshit on him not juicing) in the way he lays it out, and I bit hook line and sinker I'm glad I did it but would not do it again.
    I also did Advanced Carb Cycling with 3J, frankly I wouldn't do that either. I am now running Test C, HGH, Var and Provion while working with a non sponcer nutrionist and I am not only under 10% BF but I'm also gaining size! PM me if you want the guy I'm working withs info. He's the real deal!

Amateur Bodybuilder
    ^ So basically you found LG good for maintaining on a cut, but not for recomping/adding size while cutting?

That kind of defeats the appeal of it for me

post up in the diet forum and get the mod 3j to comment , hes the resident diet guru.
    NOT ONLY IS STUPIDITY INCURABLE BUT ITS ALSO CONTAGIOUS OVER THE INTERNET.

VAR ONLY CYCLES ARE ONLY FOR PEOPLE WITH A VAGINA.

Junior Bodybuilder
    Yes, correct. I didn't gain anything. I can't slam it; the real objective was to cut and not lose size. I bought into the idea of cutting and gaining muscle. Unfortunatly, I didn't gain.
    In the past when I've cut it resulted in a lose of muscle. I did not lose anything on the LG/IM.

I'm doing a recomp now and getting unbelievable results....seriously. My cycle is the shit and I got a guy who has built a carb cycling diet (specifically for me) that is amazing. He uses a speadsheet that allows you to change out foods with drop down menues that allows for options that's have the same macros then it automatically adjusts the portions....freaking amazing shit.

Quote Originally Posted by MN87 View Post
    ^ So basically you found LG good for maintaining on a cut, but not for recomping/adding size while cutting?

Junior Bodybuilder
    Yes, correct. I didn't gain anything. I can't slam it; the real objective was to cut and not lose size. I bought into the idea of cutting and gaining muscle. Unfortunatly, I didn't gain.
    In the past when I've cut it resulted in a lose of muscle. I did not lose anything on the LG/IM.

I'm doing a recomp now and getting unbelievable results....seriously. My cycle is the shit and I got a guy who has built a carb cycling diet (specifically for me) that is amazing. He uses a speadsheet that allows you to change out foods with drop down menues that allows for options that's have the same macros then it automatically adjusts the portions....freaking amazing shit.

Quote Originally Posted by MN87 View Post

It seems very hard to follow strictly. Plus I'm a firm believer in a steady supply of protein spaced evenly throughout the day...

Amateur Bodybuilder
    Quote Originally Posted by grind4it View Post

Does your carb cycling routine involve high carb days for high intensity workouts, and lower carb/high fat days for lower intensity days/rest days? Just curious if it follows the same basic protocol as most other carb cycling programs I've come across

Thread Information