Anabolic steroids, bodybuilding discussion forums. - Steroidology

rui products

(Forum for members to discuss the use of anabolic steroids)

Amateur Bodybuilder
    Calorie intake on cycle... input please!
    If you don't wanna read the whole thing, at least look at the parts in bold and offer your input please lol

What's a better way to recomp? Maintenance calories, or a slight deficit?

I think I've gotten a pretty good handle on my diet as a natural trainee. I've been using the same template since 2010 and have been slightly modifying over the years with minor tweaks here and there as necessary, and so I've managed to make quality gains while staying lean.

My question relates to nutrition whilst on cycle. Right now I'm cutting, and I'd like to add in a compound as I try to lose these final few pounds (no more than 10-12 at the most) whilst adding as much lean mass as my body allows me. So I guess you could say my goal is a recomp of sorts. I'm aware that trying to accomplish both simultaneously will limit the results I achieve on either end, but since it's my first cycle, I'm hoping that my body will respond favorably to the hormones and allow the recomp to at least SOME degree. And if I don't gain a whole lot/any lean mass, it wouldn't be the end of the world, because I'll at least have added some strength and thats not too bad either.

When I begin my cycle, I plan on reducing caloric intake only moderately (250-500 cals... right now leaning towards 250), and I will move my cardio to the morning and do it fasted (I haven't responded favorably to morning fasted cardio as a natural trainee thus far lol). I believe this will be enough of a deficit to help me lose my final few pounds over the course of the next 2 months, and I don't want to cut too drastically because I do want my body to add lean mass if possible. When my weight loss inevitably plateaus, I will continue to lift at maintenance, and hopefully the presence of the hormones will allow me to add some lean mass at that caloric intake.

Also, what are your thoughts on increasing protein whilst on cycle? Is it necessary in general? What about on a deficit/recomp?

Background: 25, 5'11", mid 190s, running test + var
    Last edited by MN87; 06-10-2012 at 09:37 AM.

uniquemicals
Thread Information