Anabolic steroids, bodybuilding discussion forums. - Steroidology

rui products

(Forum for members to discuss the use of anabolic steroids)

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Moppy1
    Novice
    Dianabol or Anavar, which is better?
    Run alongside 500MG of Test a week. Which will provide better results?

Hi marino

Unfortunately you are comparing very different steroids which are not in any way similar!

For strength and raw size during the cycle you will be hard pressed to find something better than D-bol

For modest LBM gains and nice strength boost with few sides Anavar is king!

both need to be stacked with test to be effective IMO

Novice
    Thanks Zeek.

What would the typical dose for Dianabol on a 12 week cycle? I know it's usually ran only for the first 4 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Marino View Post
    Thanks Zeek.

What would the typical dose for Dianabol on a 12 week cycle? I know it's usually ran only for the first 4 weeks.
    It will depend a lot on the quality of the D-bol you have obtained. I was able to get away with running 25-30 mg ed of jelfa human grade d-bol but the last UGL dbol I had I needed every bit of 60 mgs! the 60mg was on genshi dbol btw

it sucks that it matters so much where it comes from but that is the reality of this game we play.

Rookie
    Hey Zeek, Do you think you could maybe help me out. I'm just starting Body building. Iv'e always been a Hard gainer. I'm at about 160lbs and 6'2.. I know pathetic.. But anyways I've been researching and asking people what is best.. And I have the two most recommended choices, and that is Anavar (var) or dbol.. I'm looking for mass but I also want to keep it. I also don't want to suffer from too many sides either... Now I heard dbol has a lot more side effects and alot of water retention while Anavar (var) is best on that route but unfortunately causes you to burn fat more. Could you give me your advice on what would be a better choice for someone of my current weight and stature.. Tired of looking like a bean pole. Thanks!

Junior Bodybuilder letsgetyolked's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue370 View Post
    Hey Zeek, Do you think you could maybe help me out. I'm just starting Body building. Iv'e always been a Hard gainer. I'm at about 160lbs and 6'2.. I know pathetic.. But anyways I've been researching and asking people what is best.. And I have the two most recommended choices, and that is Anavar (var) or dbol.. I'm looking for mass but I also want to keep it. I also don't want to suffer from too many sides either... Now I heard dbol has a lot more side effects and alot of water retention while Anavar (var) is best on that route but unfortunately causes you to burn fat more. Could you give me your advice on what would be a better choice for someone of my current weight and stature.. Tired of looking like a bean pole. Thanks!
    Bro, you don't need AAS. Bulk up a good 15-20 solid lbs or so and then maybe start thinking. I've been researching for about 1.5 years and finally decided to actually pull the trigger. READ around, you'll be amazed at what you'll find. and to answer ur question. I would never only use an oral cycle, stack it with test. But, since this is your first cycle I'd only recommend using test and not using an oral or any other compounds. I'm sure many of the other members here will agree with me. I'm starting my first cycle this week and I'm using test prop only. And, also read about post cycle therapy (pct). I didn't see you mention that at all and that's a bigger component than actually taking the steroids. Any idiot can make gains on steroids, but it takes a smart one to keep em.
    Last edited by letsgetyolked; 08-08-2012 at 03:51 AM.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgetyolked View Post
    Bro, you don't need AAS. Bulk up a good 15-20 solid lbs or so and then maybe start thinking. I've been researching for about 1.5 years and finally decided to actually pull the trigger. READ around, you'll be amazed at what you'll find. and to answer ur question. I would never only use an oral cycle, stack it with test. But, since this is your first cycle I'd only recommend using test and not using an oral or any other compounds. I'm sure many of the other members here will agree with me. I'm starting my first cycle this week and I'm using test prop only. And, also read about PCT. I didn't see you mention that at all and that's a bigger component than actually taking the steroids. Any idiot can make gains on steroids, but it takes a smart one to keep em.
    Thanks bro. I appreciate the input! Yeah I have a really good weight lifting buddy who is taking care of the test PCT I will be taking along with it when I start my cycle.

Rogue it's 85% diet man. Eat until you can't possibly stuff anything else then wait an hour and try some more!
    Seriously you've got to get your calories up with a good clean diet and throw in some supplements like BCAA and creatine... You'll see some major improvements in a matter of months, sans steroids!

In hindsight, after almost 10 years in AAS (TRT, etc), I would recommend getting started down the path till you have had 5-10 hard years in the gym optimizing your body. This ensures strong tendons, bones, and base of muscle strength, as well as knowledge about really lifting effectively. More importantly, you want to let your body build naturally through your 20s when Test is already pretty high. Another consideration is having kids. You do take a risk of infertility on extended AAS usage. I did practice what I preached here, as I did not start AAS till 36 years of age, after my last kid, and well after I peaked in the gym (18 years of consistent working out). AAS then reinvigorated my life in the gym, and even outside the gym, in many ways. Bench went up 35% over past 9 years, as did all other lifts. Lost almost all body fat, and gained 20 lbs of muscle over the this time, which I still have thanks to TRT (HRT). SO, while there are no hard fast rules to any of this, my recommendation is to wait till you have peaked in the gym, and have had your kids, which is generally in your 30s. It does worry me the number of young guys starting with AAS way too early. Read up on treads discussing TRT for life because of extended AAS use. It will happen to most of us.
    Ocdude likes this.

Thread Information