Anabolic steroids, bodybuilding discussion forums. - Steroidology

(Forum for members to discuss the use of anabolic steroids)

Junior Bodybuilder
    slight gyno panic...
    almost 3 weeks in to my cycle, everything's going well and I think as of today I might even be seeing strength increases! No complaints there.

However, today I've noticed my nipples hurt ever so slightly, with the left being slightly worse than the right.

The pain is right at the tip of the nip (haha), kinda like if you've ever had jogger's nipple. There's no lumps or puffiness or anything.

Being a total newb, I have no idea if this is the sort of thing to look out for...

Could it be the onset of gyno? Or is this just the classic case of a newb panicking and thinking he's got gyno when he doesn't? I'm sure that must happens loads.

I've also only just started running arimidex at .5mg a day (second dose today). Is that enough to stop it getting any worse? Does it take a while to start working?

I have nolva which I can run if necessary. If it is necessary, what sort of dose should I run?

I appreciate any help anyone can give

cheers

Novice
    Just run 20mg Nolva for the rest of your cycle as a precaution... no sense risking developing worse symptoms.

Knowledge Equals Results Phatbastard's Avatar
    #1 start your Aromatase inhibitor (AI) when you start your cycle stay ahead of the game! Gyno is not the same as Runners nip. You will generally see some puffyness prior to a lumb then tenderness in that order. Perhaps you scratched you Nip some how would be my guess. From you details mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheatmonallstar1998 View Post
    Just run 20mg Nolva for the rest of your cycle as a precaution... no sense risking developing worse symptoms.
    This is another safe option

I wouldn't run nolva the entire cycle. Nolva is good if you have gyno and need to stop the growth long enough to get on an Aromatase inhibitor (AI). Using nolva like that can cause a serious rebound in estro and end up with gyno when coming off, nolva only blocks receptors but leaves all the estro to build up in your system, once you stop nolva, all the built up estro will attach.

You should run your adex at .5 eod. IMO everyday is too much. It has a long half life.

It does not sound like gyno. Gyno is not in or on the nipple, but around it. You will be able to feel it if it's there. I have very small gyno and get flares in every cycle. I never get any nipple sensitivity that I can tell, I just start getting a bigger lump. I think the first time I did have some pain and sensitivity but it's been so long.

AI's are used to prevent and reduce gyno. You are starting adex, so give it time to work. It takes up to 7 days to build in your system. You are increasing hormone levels so a little sensitivity can happen. I'm sure you will be fine but change your dose to every other day so you don't crash your estro.

Nolva has some good properties, it can improve lipid profile, which is often messed up while on, it can stop the growth of gyno, but it can lower igf levels, which isn't really a concern when using test but it also puts you at higher risk for blood clots. IMO only use it when necessary, and to me, this is not a time it's needed.

Novice
    shoot me some rep for decent advice? It sucks giving the admins oral on a weekly basis

Quote Originally Posted by UserAt204 View Post
    I wouldn't run nolva the entire cycle. Nolva is good if you have gyno and need to stop the growth long enough to get on an Aromatase inhibitor (AI). Using nolva like that can cause a serious rebound in estro and end up with gyno when coming off, nolva only blocks receptors but leaves all the estro to build up in your system, once you stop nolva, all the built up estro will attach.

You should run your adex at .5 eod. IMO everyday is too much. It has a long half life.

It does not sound like gyno. Gyno is not in or on the nipple, but around it. You will be able to feel it if it's there. I have very small gyno and get flares in every cycle. I never get any nipple sensitivity that I can tell, I just start getting a bigger lump. I think the first time I did have some pain and sensitivity but it's been so long.

AI's are used to prevent and reduce gyno. You are starting adex, so give it time to work. It takes up to 7 days to build in your system. You are increasing hormone levels so a little sensitivity can happen. I'm sure you will be fine but change your dose to every other day so you don't crash your estro.

Nolva has some good properties, it can improve lipid profile, which is often messed up while on, it can stop the growth of gyno, but it can lower igf levels, which isn't really a concern when using test but it also puts you at higher risk for blood clots. IMO only use it when necessary, and to me, this is not a time it's needed.
    Good catch User I missed he was using Adex every day my bad.

Junior Bodybuilder
    thanks a bundle lads!

I owe you all an apology though, I am using the adex eod, no ed. My bad.

I'll hold off on the nolva just now, thanks again!

No problem. Some guys will use ED at first just to build up in blood but stick with EOD. If you see any changes then let us know. Having nolva on hand is a good idea just in case.

Thread Information