Anabolic steroids, bodybuilding discussion forums. - Steroidology

(Forum for members to discuss the use of anabolic steroids)

Joint/ Tendon issues- OMEGA-3's, Glucosomine
    Been a while...

Have a mild case of tendonitis in my left shoulder, and mild case of tennis elbow as well. I can still train, but not as heavy as I use too. Lost abit of strength. Cant seem to grip heavy weight anymore.

Is it ok to take Omega-3's and Glucosime at the same time?? I just started to take this liquid Glucosomine called Naka Nutri-Flex. Its got MSM etc. It used to help reduce inflammation.

Btw Im new to supplementing Omega-3's. Im Portuguese so I usually eat fish 3-4 times a week.

Has anyone ever had these issues? What did you do?

Thanks.

Prince of Darkness Bullseye Forever's Avatar
    Yes you can take both at the same time,i would recommend you take 3600mg(3 1200mg capsules) of Omega 3's /day then i would get a good Glucosomine/Chondrotin/MSM supplement and take it as the label states,I personally like the product called Osteo Bi-Flex it's triple strength for your joints and its the best imo for that,easy to get at walmart,walgreens,and drugstore should have it,i take 2 tablets/day and it plus the Omega-3's fish oil really helps my joints,its the best 2 products ive ever used

Quote Originally Posted by Bullseye24 View Post
    Yes you can take both at the same time,i would recommend you take 3600mg(3 1200mg capsules) of Omega 3's /day then i would get a good Glucosomine/Chondrotin/MSM supplement and take it as the label states,I personally like the product called Osteo Bi-Flex it's triple strength for your joints and its the best imo for that,easy to get at walmart,walgreens,and drugstore should have it,i take 2 tablets/day and it plus the Omega-3's fish oil really helps my joints,its the best 2 products ive ever used

Thanks man, ya i figured I would ask because you never know. Like I said Im not use to taking the fish oil, but I heard its very beneficial when it comes to a working out routine.

Question: how long does it take to kick in the omega and glucosomine? Is it also true that I shouldn't train hard until I start to feel a difference?

That Osteo Bi-Flex does it taste good? My Nutra-flex taste like shit!

Yeah you can add both of those for sure!

Osteo Bi-Flex triple strength is a great product
    which is your Glucosamine HCI.

I had asked my pharmacist what was the most recommended within this category and this was her recommendation - just incase you don't see the results you're looking for.

Good luck.

Novice
    My 2 cents - i'm in my 50s, and have joint/tendon pains. I have tried glucosamine and chondrotin to help with pain. also I take daily fish oil (not for pain but rather for all the health benefits it confers). none have ever helped with the pain...

Novice
    Have you considered Alflutop?

Still acting 1/2 my age Epic Ed's Avatar
    The OA in my knees continues to get worse (guess that's why they call it "progressive) and I've tried every option -- legal or not -- that I thought would help give me some relief. Deca helps a little but not nearly enough. In fact, as the result of running a cycle I usually get some tendinitis in my elbows, knees, and shoulders. I'm 8 weeks into a 12 week cycle and the tendinitis in my right elbow has become debilitating. I don't want to take the time off I need to reduce the inflammation but I couldn't bench 135lbs today without feeling like I might drop the bar.

I'm mentioning this background from my personal experience because I have found that the typical over the counter supplements do absolutely nothing for any of my joint or tendon issues. And I've tried an ASS load of different products. I'm now seriously looking into acquiring some pentosan or adequan to give one of them a run to see if they'll help. Feel free to chime in with your experience if anyone out there has used either of these products.

Quote Originally Posted by wannagetbigga View Post
    My 2 cents - i'm in my 50s, and have joint/tendon pains. I have tried glucosamine and chondrotin to help with pain. also I take daily fish oil (not for pain but rather for all the health benefits it confers). none have ever helped with the pain...
    What do you do to cope with your joint and tendon issues???

Whats your training regime/goal or purpose of training???

Quote Originally Posted by PapiChuloThrawn View Post
    Have you considered Alflutop?
    No I have never heard of it, Im gonna google it now. Has it helped you???

Quote Originally Posted by Epic Ed View Post
    The OA in my knees continues to get worse (guess that's why they call it "progressive) and I've tried every option -- legal or not -- that I thought would help give me some relief. Deca helps a little but not nearly enough. In fact, as the result of running a cycle I usually get some tendinitis in my elbows, knees, and shoulders. I'm 8 weeks into a 12 week cycle and the tendinitis in my right elbow has become debilitating. I don't want to take the time off I need to reduce the inflammation but I couldn't bench 135lbs today without feeling like I might drop the bar.

I'm mentioning this background from my personal experience because I have found that the typical over the counter supplements do absolutely nothing for any of my joint or tendon issues. And I've tried an ASS load of different products. I'm now seriously looking into acquiring some pentosan or adequan to give one of them a run to see if they'll help. Feel free to chime in with your experience if anyone out there has used either of these products.
    Thanks for your input. I dont think Im going to be using steroids anymore tho. I dont want anything to do with the risks anymore. I was going to considered it in the past, like you did with deca, but its just not an option for me anymore. What is this pentosan or adequan you speak of? Also, hows your training regime going currently? Are you gettinggood gains while your dealing with your joint/tendon issues??

Thread Information