Anabolic steroids, bodybuilding discussion forums. - Steroidology

(Forum for members to discuss the use of anabolic steroids)

Thread:

pin size

Junior Bodybuilder
    pin size
    So my buddy works at a doc office and they only use 1" needles. For I.m injections ...when he had to give his first I.m injection he asked were the 1 1/2 needles were ..they told him 1" was plenty for I.m and only a real heavy person would need larger than 1" ...with that being said I have always read 11/2 for all I.m

Any comments on why docs there use 1 " and say that's enough btw these are glute inj. There giving

I've always been fine with 1 inch.

Right now I'm doing four a week in the quads with 1 inch - before that I was using 1 inch in the glute with no problem.

I don't see a need for 1.5 inch unless there's a lot of body fat - but I could be wrong - I know some do recommend the 1.5 for glutes - I've always been fine with 1 inch.

Quote Originally Posted by lite wt rookie View Post
    So my buddy works at a doc office and they only use 1" needles. For I.m injections ...when he had to give his first I.m injection he asked were the 1 1/2 needles were ..they told him 1" was plenty for I.m and only a real heavy person would need larger than 1" ...with that being said I have always read 11/2 for all I.m

Any comments on why docs there use 1 " and say that's enough btw these are glute inj. There giving
    I personally use one inch for all inj. 11/2 for gglutes occasionally just to ensure the inj is deep enough. Shallow inj can cause issues. A dr or nurse is trained to hit the right spot everytime we generally self administer so it not as accurate lol.

I know a lot of people wouldn't recommend it but I always use 29g .5 inch slin pins. I only inject in lean areas, mainly delts. I have gotten blood work done and total t was over 1000 on my cruise of 200mg test per week using slin pins.

Novice
    I've tried many lengths and sizes, for me 23g X 1.5 is the perfect glute size. I figure the deeper in the muscle the better. I've had oil stuck under the skin using 1's.

Quote Originally Posted by MeatHead96 View Post
    I know a lot of people wouldn't recommend it but I always use 29g .5 inch slin pins. I only inject in lean areas, mainly delts. I have gotten blood work done and total t was over 1000 on my cruise of 200mg test per week using slin pins.
    That's what I have right now cause I wasn't paying attention to what I was ordering and this week I'm going to try and inject in the quad. Hopefully it'll go well

Oh and BTW my friend is becoming a nurse and he said his books and teachers were recommending him to use 1 1/2" on obese people but use 1" for people that are normal to lean. So unless your a HUGE guy you won't need a 1 1/2".

uniquemicals
Thread Information