Anabolic steroids, bodybuilding discussion forums. - Steroidology

rui products

(Forum for members to discuss the use of anabolic steroids)

Question Ankle Lower leg swelling/edema
    Quote Originally Posted by randy841 View Post

As of yesterday evening family member noted ankle swelling. Left ankle is notably more swollen then right ankle. Lower legs are also swollen along w/ ankles. Causing severe pumps/pain walking up/down stairs.
    That was Tuesday night. Yesterday (Wednesday) quite noticeable swelling of ankles and lower legs as well, somewhat lowered this morning (Thursday). However, more of the swelling is on the right ankle now.

A case of Edema?
    "is an abnormal accumulation of fluid beneath the skin or in one or more cavities of the body" Edema - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yes. Not extreme, but present. Skin does not bounce back up right away after hard pressing especially on the front bone of the lower, 4-5" of the lower leg to below the ankle. The pitting when pressed takes about 15-25 seconds to normalize. Other than the lower legs/ankles no swelling is present anywhere else on the body.

Should i be worried?

http://www.steroidology.com/forum/my...ing-off-5.html

I am banned!
    It sounds like pedal edema to me bro but I cant garantee that. Pedal edema is the accumulation of fluids in the lower extermities such as the feet and lower legs. It is frequently diagnosed as being symptomatic of congestive heart disease or congestive heart failure but it can also result as a side effect of certain drugs like nsaid's, ssri's, androgens, estrogens, oral contraceptives, and so on. Treatment can involve the use of diuretics, dietary changes or restrictions, and/or management of any underlying cause which in your case could probably be the test or the anavar. Have you ran either one of these before?

dude your estrogen is through the f-ing roof!!!! This is a sure sign of extreme water retention. Like Cobra said, its bad for your health in soo many ways.

Guy i know use to get like that on drol, his boots would leave lace marks.

are you taking an AI?
    Last edited by THE-DET-OAK; 03-03-2011 at 10:18 PM.
    Need TRT? >>>>>>> Call IMT >>>>>>>>>Real Programs, Real Results

IncreaseMyT.com >>>>>>>>>>>>>> 866-206-9926

I am banned!
    Quote Originally Posted by THE-DET-OAK View Post
    dude your estrogen is through the f-ing roof!!!! This is a sure sign of extreme water retention. Like Cobra said, its bad for your health in soo many ways.

are you taking an AI?
    Dam!! How did that play out if you dont mind me asking?

he is a dumbass-wouldnt listen.....................oh well.......may the strong survive

I am banned!
    haha honestly didnt expect a reply like that! Figures though...my friends are the same way...but lace marks...that would scare my ass...id be listening real quick!

TWIGS AND SEEDS
    Hey randy, keep the lower extremity elevated when sitting at level at or above the heart. Also, if it is really bad get some 4 or 6 inch ace wrap and wrap from the feet up, no super ass tight just the right amount. Compression stocking also work for this.

Address the underlying problem whatever it is. I would look into the high estrogen and water retention. I would also check blood pressure make sure it ok.

Congestive heart failure does cause lower extremity edema but you would also have shortness of breath, may have pulmonary edema and cough etc.

As cobra said nsaids can really make this bad in some people. Cut out the motrin, ibuprofen, naprosyn etc and see if that helps.

If non of that does help or if you do have short of breath get your heart checked out for sure. Echocardiogram would be test of choice.

For the time being

To reduce water retention took 2 10mg Nolvadex.

Water retention is not extreme nor the swelling, in fact it is getting better -- starting from the front of the feet. I am starting to see the veins in the feet. Nevertheless, deep indents are notable especially after taking off socks on the lower legs, and swollen ankles.

Furthermore, a few minutes of walking causing severe pain/tightness on lateral sides of lower leg (especially right), where i have to stop after 1-2 minute intervals. Last time a similar case of swelling occurred the first 2nd or 3rd week on Enanthate, it got better w/in a 3-5 days. Didn't take Nolvadex then. With Cypionate change seems like starting a cycle all over.

BW this afternoon 245-246lb
    (w/ clothes - no shoes)

Only other time Nolvadex has been used for 4 or 5 days was on Dec 26, 2011, when i saw early signs of gyno.

Arimidex seems better option, will seek that from one of the research chemical sponsors here.

Thanks for input all.

http://www.steroidology.com/forum/my...ing-off-5.html

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra Strike View Post
    It sounds like pedal edema to me bro but I cant garantee that. Pedal edema is the accumulation of fluids in the lower extermities such as the feet and lower legs. It is frequently diagnosed as being symptomatic of congestive heart disease or congestive heart failure but it can also result as a side effect of certain drugs like nsaid's, ssri's, androgens, estrogens, oral contraceptives, and so on. Treatment can involve the use of diuretics, dietary changes or restrictions, and/or management of any underlying cause which in your case could probably be the test or the anavar. Have you ran either one of these before?
    Never ran anything else, plus no medical problems. Only androgens would qualify in this case. Presently Test cypionate for 14 weeks (first 12wks T-enanthate) & Anavar (on 3rd week).

are you taking an AI?
    To offset estrogen for now, i started 20mg Nolvadex today for the next 5-7 days.

No AI's used throughout the cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by nate212 View Post
    Hey randy, keep the lower extremity elevated when sitting at level at or above the heart. Also, if it is really bad get some 4 or 6 inch ace wrap and wrap from the feet up, no super ass tight just the right amount. Compression stocking also work for this.

Address the underlying problem whatever it is. I would look into the high estrogen and water retention. I would also check blood pressure make sure it ok.

Congestive heart failure does cause lower extremity edema but you would also have shortness of breath, may have pulmonary edema and cough etc.

As cobra said nsaids can really make this bad in some people. Cut out the motrin, ibuprofen, naprosyn etc and see if that helps.

If non of that does help or if you do have short of breath get your heart checked out for sure. Echocardiogram would be test of choice.
    "As cobra said nsaids can really make this bad in some people. Cut out the motrin, ibuprofen, naprosyn etc and see if that helps."
    Would Aspirin fall into this category?

On workout days i usually take 325mg Aspirin, along w/ 8mg ephedrine HCL, and/or caffeine 200mg.

"Address the underlying problem whatever it is."

On last blood test, low levels of TSH (thyroid) were indicated (Feb 9, 2011). Doctor wants to put me on 30mg synthroid daily. Had another check up yesterday, awaiting results.

Will look into the compression socks. Thanks for all the tips.

I am banned!
    aspirin is an anti-platelet, non narcotic analgesic, anti-pyretic (anti-fever)...so it does not fall under the nsaid class. Although a side effect of aspirin is angioedema. 325mg is a safe dose...325mg to 650mg is used to treat pain or fever or myocardial infarctions...why do you take aspirin anyway??

and as far as never running anything before..bro this is why when you do your first cycle you only run test only...now you wont be able to tell which androgen this is happening from.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra Strike View Post
    aspirin is an anti-platelet, non narcotic analgesic, anti-pyretic (anti-fever)...so it does not fall under the nsaid class. Although a side effect of aspirin is angioedema. 325mg is a safe dose...325mg to 650mg is used to treat pain or fever or myocardial infarctions...why do you take aspirin anyway??

and as far as never running anything before..bro this is why when you do your first cycle you only run test only...now you wont be able to tell which androgen this is happening from.
    "why do you take aspirin anyway??"
    To complete the ECA stack. Gives an extra kick when working out.

"bro this is why when you do your first cycle you only run test only."

I did for the first 12 weeks only Test enanthate was administered. Last 3 weeks i have made 2 changes.
    1] Feb 16 added 20mg Anavar daily
    2] Changed up from T-Enan to T-cypionate as of last Sunday morning (Feb 27) same dosage 250mg every 4th (or 5th day)

Nolva will NOT help withe estrogen levels or water retention, you need an Aromatase inhibitor (AI) ASAP.

Question
    Nolva will NOT help withe estrogen levels or water retention, you need an Aromatase inhibitor (AI) ASAP.
    ok...

liquid just as effective as tabs?

Which chemical research sponsor would you recommend?

There are three aromatase inhibitors:

Arimidex (chemical name: anastrozole)
    Aromasin (chemical name: exemestane)
    Femara (chemical name: letrozole)

Arimidex my best option?

plants are what food eats fishfreak's Avatar
    Prime example that were all different. I'm running 800mg of T400 every 10 days along with 6 iu gh daily. I take .5 mg of Adex eod. I got absolutely NO water retention at all & my diet is super clean. Nolvadex will just block the effects of your estrogen, it will do nothing to actually lower estrogen, so when you come off the nolvadex you will rebound very badly. You need an actual estrogen killer like letro, or arimidex, or aromasin.

if your holdin that much water i would get letro.

Agreed on letro.

Thumbs up
    ok cool ... will have to choose one or the other soon.
    Last edited by randy841; 03-07-2011 at 10:50 AM.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by randy841 View Post
    That was Tuesday night. Yesterday (Wednesday) quite noticeable swelling of ankles and lower legs as well, somewhat lowered this morning (Thursday). However, more of the swelling is on the right ankle now.

A case of Edema?
    "is an abnormal accumulation of fluid beneath the skin or in one or more cavities of the body" Edema - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yes. Not extreme, but present. Skin does not bounce back up right away after hard pressing especially on the front bone of the lower, 4-5" of the lower leg to below the ankle. The pitting when pressed takes about 15-25 seconds to normalize. Other than the lower legs/ankles no swelling is present anywhere else on the body.

Should i be worried?

steroidology.com/forum/my-steroid-cycle-forum/593139-testosterone-enanthate-only-cycle-1st-14-years-training-off-5.html
    I've got the same problem as you . And it last's a i don't know 10 days now . Used to take nolva 10mg a day for 4 days , and it was better for the time being . Now again the swelling is visible . Took also furosemid but no help don;t piss a lot . And yeah i am on testosterone enethate 6 weeks now and on naposim 3 weeks cut that out , but still on testosterone . Please tell me what you did and how long did it took to heal . And about AI's i dont have that in my country last time checked no amiridex or what so ever . I am freaking out a litlle bit . Thank you verry much in advance .
    Last edited by Syrix1986; 04-14-2012 at 04:32 AM.

I bet u got dbols instead of anavar...some douchebag ugls are starting to make this a habit...try to discontinue it to see if u get any changes

if your holdin that much water i would get letro.
    ^^^ this. start with .5ml(1.25mg) e3-4day and go from there

Thread Information