Anabolic steroids, bodybuilding discussion forums. - Steroidology

rui products

(Forum for members to discuss the use of anabolic steroids)

Statins and Steroids - Questions
    Has anyone ever used statins (Zocor, Lipitor) to combat bad cholesterol sides of steroids?

Experiences?

RJ
    You don't need that shit IMO unless you have serious issues.

I would try some OTC Niacin first. Even script Niaspan is better than any of that other shit to me. Statins work but i'd try another route first.

Prince of Darkness Bullseye Forever's Avatar
    I use Zocor,precribed of course for high cholesterol,im on lifetime testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) and everytime i get my blood checked,my cholesterol is ok,but im fixin to do a 3rd cycle with deca,my first 2 were with test only,i just hope the zocor works when i begin my deca....good luck my friend

Novice
    Bro, unless your cholesterol is incredibly high, I DO NOT recommend statins at all. I used some natural remedies (like Red Yeast Rice, cleaned up my diet, etc.) and my levels have come down significantly. Statins and bodybuilding don't go togther.

I'm no scientist but a friend of mine at the gym went on statins for high cholesterol and his muscle mass and strength were zapped in a big way. Maybe it was just him but it was enough to scare me away from them. Of course, if it were a life and death situation, I would go on them in a second, but my cholesterol was above where it should be so I went the natural route.

Good luck bro!

RJ
    PB, how much of that RYR were/are you using? The OTC Niacin doesn't do as well as script Niacin, but i wanted to try something else before i go back to the doc.

Statins increase the rate of heart attack because the cholesterol tends to attach to the blood vessel.
    To lower LDL [bad cholesterol] and up the HDL [good cholesterol] you can use flax seed oil or cod fish oil.

Thx for the replies.

I had high cholesterol and took statins to reduce it.

After 90 days of cleaner diet and cardio, i was taken off the statins and my cholesterol is back in a normal range.

Im just afraid that running a cycle (test e only at 600mg) may bring my cholesterol back up and possibly just running the Zocor to keep it in check.

RJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren916 View Post
    Thx for the replies.

I had high cholesterol and took statins to reduce it.

After 90 days of cleaner diet and cardio, i was taken off the statins and my cholesterol is back in a normal range.

Im just afraid that running a cycle (test e only at 600mg) may bring my cholesterol back up and possibly just running the Zocor to keep it in check.
    go the natty route brother. try to limit your script type drugs to what you NEED... not what you MAY need.

RJ..my cholesterol stay s like 172-176 I eat anything all the time..however..my lipid s are not optimum.
    My very cool gp has me on niacin, omega s 3 and 4.
    And of course recommends aerobics..but my lipid s were alway s skewed.
    Age 50
    5 11

wight 206

PSL - 100 Prop 100 Mast HCG M W F

Diet monitored by 3J s network

RJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Teutonic View Post
    RJ..my cholesterol stay s like 172-176 I eat anything all the time..however..my lipid s are not optimum.
    My very cool gp has me on niacin, omega s 3 and 4.
    And of course recommends aerobics..but my lipid s were alway s skewed.
    weird huh? You know how i eat and mine is the same. Total CHOL is fine, but LDL was a tad high (126) and HDL was a tad low (35).

I'm gonna try the Red Yeast Rice and f that don't change it gonna go back to the Niaspan.

Quote Originally Posted by RJH90210 View Post
    go the natty route brother. try to limit your script type drugs to what you NEED... not what you MAY need.
    For sure...

Has anyone had any blood pressure issues with running test?

RJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren916 View Post
    Has anyone had any blood pressure issues with running test?
    happens all the time. most will suggest AIs for that, but there are natty remedies that work as well before you go the Aromatase inhibitor (AI) route. Although AIs are a must to have on hand when cycling.

RJ what do you suggest for BP on cycle. Mine was always good but over the last year seems harder to control. Any natural suggestions?

RJ
    Quote Originally Posted by UserAt204 View Post
    RJ what do you suggest for BP on cycle. Mine was always good but over the last year seems harder to control. Any natural suggestions?
    try this. we have some people here that strongly disagree and think AIs are a must to use, but out of the clients i have suggested this to, and any friends or family, on cycle or not, i would say 98% of them have had significant decreases in both systolic and diastolic readings. 10pts or better within a month.

Natural remedies to combat high blood pressure

Ok thanks. I can't read so had to re read this. Lol.

I have all of this at my house now so I will start with it today. Thanks again.
    Last edited by UserAt204; 02-22-2011 at 10:10 AM.

TWIGS AND SEEDS
    OP, if you are prone to lipid/cholesterol problems I would look at some diet modifications. thats one of the issues I have with the standard bodybuilding/weightlifting diet is all the red meat. For many people this is not an issue. For those with genetic predisposition, the high intake of red meat and animal fat (aside from fish oil) can really mess up the profile. Statins are associated with liver enzyme elevation in about 40% of people who use. I would avoid.
    If you have issues that are not diet controlled or problems with lipids off cycle I would certainly avoid the steroids.

There are some good studies documenting the success of EFA's like fish oil in treating the lipids as well as the niacin as pointed out. Coenzyme Q10 works pretty good for blood pressure. Red yeast rice has a natural statin type compound in it.

Thread Information