Anabolic steroids, bodybuilding discussion forums. - Steroidology

(Forum for members to discuss the use of anabolic steroids)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rookie
    Best shape of my life and I don't go out because of acne
    dwsfsdfs
    Last edited by jinraiden; 07-06-2010 at 09:32 PM.

Amateur Bodybuilder
    I would hit a Dr. bro and try some of the perscribed medications. I cant remember the names but I know someone else will.. good luck.

I'm sure you have already heard this many times before, but DO NOT PICK OR TOUCH SKIN THAT IS BREAKING OUT. It exacerbates it ten-fold. The following should clear you up fairly well with minimal scarring:

1. Accutane 10-20mg ED for 6 months or so
    2. Minocycline
    3. There is an Rx topical called Ziana. It is incredibly effective, but I found it to be ridiculously expensive if you dont have prescription coverage.
    4. Go tanning- since it sounds like you are incredibly self-conscious, visit an indoor salon where you can tan in a bed with a higher UVA:UVB ratio than normal sun so that you gain the benefits of UV radiation with minimal burning rays.
    5. Up until these other treatments kick in, I would continue to use OTC treatments inclucding Salicylic Acid and Benzoyl Peroxide.
    6. Once the treatments kick in, cease #5, as this will dry the shit out of your skin. At this point I would begin to apply moisturizing creams to the particularly effected areas.

That sucks man! Luckly I havent had that bad of an issue with ac/backne.

Did you run the proper anti estrogens?

I just saw one of those infomercials on Accutane saying if you or a loved one has tried this product and had certain side effects call this number lol makes me not even want to touch it.

Amateur Bodybuilder
    Shaptown hit it on the head and I definately agree, tanning really helps that stuff out a ton..

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcac13 View Post
    I just saw one of those infomercials on Accutane saying if you or a loved one has tried this product and had certain side effects call this number lol makes me not even want to touch it.

I saw this a few nights ago and I just had this "wow fuck" look on my face. I was heavily considering using it. I'll take the acne over serious health problems.

I've tried the tanning, the salycic acid body wash, 10% benzoil creams. The only thing that really did help was the tanning. The creams just reduced the sizes of the acne but if there's one coming, it's coming, cream or no cream. The benzoil creams actually ruined a few shirts of mien too.

To the person that asked if I ran proper pct, yea. I ran pharmaceutical grade tamoxifen and never encountered a decrease in sex or limp dick.

It's so hard to find motivation to diet and hit the gym right now. I feel like just quitting and getting off my diet. I talk myself out of it all the time.

I'll look into Ziana and see how much it cost. I can't let this shit ruin my summer like it has so far.
    Last edited by jinraiden; 05-30-2010 at 10:15 PM.

Amateur Bodybuilder
    You'll get it straightened out bro, Never give up...

Shit that I say --------> 1badmofo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaptown View Post
    I'm sure you have already heard this many times before, but DO NOT PICK OR TOUCH SKIN THAT IS BREAKING OUT. It exacerbates it ten-fold. The following should clear you up fairly well with minimal scarring:

1. Accutane 10-20mg ED for 6 months or so
    2. Minocycline
    3. There is an Rx topical called Ziana. It is incredibly effective, but I found it to be ridiculously expensive if you dont have prescription coverage.
    4. Go tanning- since it sounds like you are incredibly self-conscious, visit an indoor salon where you can tan in a bed with a higher UVA:UVB ratio than normal sun so that you gain the benefits of UV radiation with minimal burning rays.
    5. Up until these other treatments kick in, I would continue to use OTC treatments inclucding Salicylic Acid and Benzoyl Peroxide.
    6. Once the treatments kick in, cease #5, as this will dry the shit out of your skin. At this point I would begin to apply moisturizing creams to the particularly effected areas.
    I've never ran accutane, so correct me if I'm wrong.... you have to avoid the sunlight right? So, I'm just saying you might not be able to do #1 and #4 at the same time. Also it can be liver toxic so no orals and limit alcohol right?

Olympian Bodybuilder Miss Muscle's Avatar
    Time to go see a doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by 1badmofo View Post
    I've never ran accutane, so correct me if I'm wrong.... you have to avoid the sunlight right? So, I'm just saying you might not be able to do #1 and #4 at the same time. Also it can be liver toxic so no orals and limit alcohol right?
    Yes on the ladder, not on the former. It is indeed true that accutane and minocycline both increase photosensitivity, however that is why if one utilizes a high output bed (high UVA:UVB ratio) the risk is minimal in comparison to even "normal" outdoor sunlight exposure.

Novice
    im on minocyciline and it's working great face has cleared up back still not perfect but cleared up a hell of a lot i think in another 2 months it should be gone completely just go to the doctor.

Olympian Bodybuilder Blondie_Bombshell's Avatar
    Kicking your ass without smearing my eyeliner.
    I agree with MM, you need to go see a dermatologist. The medications that you can get OTC will only help with the inflammation of the acne. A dermatologist can actually give you pills to stop the break outs from occurring. Good luck.

Novice
    Theres a chemical called "green soap", tattoo artists use it to clean the skin before and after the do a tattoo. It works great to clear up acne on the skin, and they will be gone quickly after rubbing on. Only problem is it wont stop the breakouts.

Junior Bodybuilder
    Are you using any ai's, my brother? If not, there's the culprit. You my not have symptoms of gyno that would prompt people to implement an Aromatase inhibitor (AI), but you've obviously got other estrogen related sides. Acne being one of them. Get urself some letro. It will help, if not clear you up altogether. Good luck.

ya im running minocyclene and it works great for me. dont give up man, go to the doc and get a script

A Loanshark
    Quote Originally Posted by Chip TRT View Post
    Are you using any ai's, my brother? If not, there's the culprit. You my not have symptoms of gyno that would prompt people to implement an Aromatase inhibitor (AI), but you've obviously got other estrogen related sides. Acne being one of them. Get urself some letro. It will help, if not clear you up altogether. Good luck.
    Just sort of thinking of this for myself, but would you recommend doing letro SIX months after his cycle?

Would the acne still be because he has high estrogen in his body? Even if he did a proper PCT, never had any limp dicks etc.

Could it not be that the acne started due to estro and even though the hormons corrected themself you would still have the acne shit due to the fact that the pores have some fat deep down in he tissue and the bacteria feeds of it.

Just trying to understand the whole issue as I have some on my fucking arms and shoulders.

Junior Bodybuilder
    Quote Originally Posted by Chip TRT View Post
    Wish I woulda read that well on my cycle :S I had letro on hand and didnt take any because wasnt getting any gyno but got some nasty bacne and a bit on my chest, im like 3 weeks in post cycle therapy (pct) its clearing up slowly ....very slowly would letro help now ? or too late.

Quote Originally Posted by jinraiden View Post
    I did a 14 week cycle of test enanthate and my last shot was dec 30 of 2009. Here I am at the end of may, in the best shape of my life, shredded @ 210 and all I do is go to the gym and stay at home because I live in a small town and my chest, arms and back are still full of acne. Shit fucking sucks. I just needed to vent bros. I've tried all the over the counter medications and nothing.

Just something for you guys thinking about taking test to think about. This is no fun.

4-5 oz of APPLE cider vinagar ed
    tan about 2 times a week.
    DONT over shower! 1-2times a day is nuff. over washing could make it worse.
    also i found when on letro on cycle acne was ALOT less, i think toomuch estrogen is also the cause, maybe you could look into that also?

also just your horomones beign on aroller coaster ride (ups and downs) coudl cause this.

just a few thoughts that may help.
    and TRUST me apple cider vinagar is a GREAT thing.
    and stay away from accutain!
    nvm liver toxticity GENETIC damage is done. law suits are already building with the original makers of it.
    stay away from that shit.

monocyclin "spelling" anti-biotices are a better choice but there not 100% safe ether.
    Follow me on Twitter for advanced in-depth peptide, supplement and AAS knowledge, along with all things bodybuilding! Follow me-> @Juced_porkchop

Quote Originally Posted by bigcac13 View Post
    one of the the many things going on.

sides with this drug may even happen YEARS down the road after stopping it, so think about that.
    Follow me on Twitter for advanced in-depth peptide, supplement and AAS knowledge, along with all things bodybuilding! Follow me-> @Juced_porkchop

A Loanshark
    I am gonna try Apple cider bro. Will report back to ya.

Johnnny
    ALONG, with the letro as da man ChipTRT suggested, I would run a systemic antibiotic that is azithromycin, most people have heard of zpacks.
    Which are ridiculously expensive in the States if that is where you are at. So order 10 zpack of 500mg tabs, there are 3 in each pack, and you split them in half, so each pack will last 6 days, but actually about 9 days b/c of its slow excretion from the body. Making it a perfect, one a day treatment.

Order 10 zpacks from 4rx.com and I believe it cost me 80$ last time, if you have a prescription, the same amount will cost you 400$ from drugstore.com.
    So since this is a long term antibiotic systemic regimen, you are foolish to pay pharmacy prices for this, just order overseas, its not controlled so it will come thru.

Now just split the tabs in half and take for 60 days, 250mg/day, there are 30 tablets total in 10 zpacks of 500mg strength. Usuually you can take 1 zpack for a mild infection.

You need systemic therapy coupled with an AI.

There ya go, problem solved medically, no need to pay for a doctor.

And you can google azithromycin therapy for acne and it will all say the same as this one
    [url=http://dermatology.cdlib.org/134/original/azithromycin/bardazzi.html]Azithromycin: A new therapeutical strategy for acne in adolescents[/url]

Junior Bodybuilder
    Hey dragon....
    Quote Originally Posted by the dragon View Post
    just sort of thinking of this for myself, but would you recommend doing letro six months after his cycle?

Would the acne still be because he has high estrogen in his body? Even if he did a proper pct, never had any limp dicks etc.

Could it not be that the acne started due to estro and even though the hormons corrected themself you would still have the acne shit due to the fact that the pores have some fat deep down in he tissue and the bacteria feeds of it.

Just trying to understand the whole issue as i have some on my fucking arms and shoulders.
    you bring up a valid point about it being six months post cycle. Honestly, that part of the post kind of slipped by me but after reviewing it again, all we know is that he did 14 weeks of test e.... No knowledge about any pct, other drugs that were used or if there may be an hereditary "tie in". Imo... You pretty much stated the potential factors that are contributing to the acne. As a lot of guys on here already know, i'm a huge fan of letro...over any other Aromatase inhibitor (AI). Letro gets a really bad rap from people who have either never used it, or used it incorrectly. The reason i'm a huge fan of it is because i stay on gear year round. Some people would disagree with this practice, and the amounts that i run, but after a lot of trial and some error, i've found the combo's that work for me. As a kid and even younger adult, i battlet acne like a motherfucker and didn't think i'd ever kick it. And this was before i started gearing up. Believe it or not, my skin became the clearest it has ever been in my life after i started running gear. I actually started using letro as my preferred Aromatase inhibitor (AI) when i realized the terrible bloat that i'd get from running hcg. I did a shitload of research on letro, gave it a shot, used waaaaaay to fucking much of it, a couple of different runs, then dialed it in right for my needs. Your point about six months post cycle is definitely valid, and his acne issue interests me even more now, but i live by the shit and i think he should give it a go for a month. If i were him, i'd run.... It like this......

Day 1-14...2.5mgs/day
    day 15-21.... 1.25mgs/day
    day 22-30/31... .625mgs/day

take a week off and see where he is at, and let his estrogen come up a bit, cause there is a definite rebound effect from letro.... Let some of the sides from his crashed estrogen wear off, then run .25mgs eod for two weeks. This is just my opinion and what i'd do if i was using it for my own acne.

I hope it, or something else works for you bro. I know how bad this problem can effect someone emotionally. Best of luck.

Pro Bodybuilder
    if u don't mind me asking, what were the doses and what brand of gear were u running ?

Administrator Dreaded Pirate Roberts's Avatar
    acne is bacterial the uv from tanning does the best thing for me. the Proactive cleanser helps too.
    The term "sell out comes from progressives" It is propaganda to make your feel better about not having the opportunities they have taken away. I was raised to succeed. Opportunity is wealth of prosperity. Fight the power! .....LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Thread Information