Anabolic steroids, bodybuilding discussion forums. - Steroidology

rui products

(Forum for members to discuss the use of anabolic steroids)

Community Veteran
    Longtime Vet
    Derrick Whitsett died
    1994 NPC National LHW champion Derrick Whitsett of New Jersey died Saturday from a heart attack. Rough week for the IFBB, Sonny Schmidt and Derrick. May they rest in peace.
    Last edited by liftsiron; 01-30-2004 at 08:47 PM.

thats a shame-- lifts where can i see articles on them

R I P
    NOT ONLY IS STUPIDITY INCURABLE BUT ITS ALSO CONTAGIOUS OVER THE INTERNET.

VAR ONLY CYCLES ARE ONLY FOR PEOPLE WITH A VAGINA.

rjx
    How old were they? And was their deaths gear related?

Originally posted by rjx
    Most likely. Steroids dont directly cause a heart attack, but it does produce all the problems that cause one, and those problems turn into a heart attack.

Community Veteran
    Longtime Vet
    Originally posted by house1
    thats a shame-- lifts where can i see articles on them

Xtreme has an article on Sonny, so far all that I've seen on Derrick is the mention of his death. Sonny died after a long battle with cancer.

Community Veteran
    Longtime Vet
    Originally posted by rjx

Sonny was in his forties and I'm not sure about Derrick. Was there deaths gear related? Impossible for me to say. Heart attack and cancer are the nation's top killers in non gear using people as well

Originally posted by liftsiron
    Sonny was in his forties and I'm not sure about Derrick. Was there deaths gear related? Impossible for me to say. Heart attack and cancer are the nation's top killers in non gear using people as well
    But for guys in good shape in their fourties to have heart attacks!?Thats not natural or normal, and it happens alot to these bodybuilders. I think im right.

Community Veteran
    Longtime Vet
    Follow up on Derrick.

Originally posted by Big Aust
    In answer to your ? "makeup1", Derrick was mugged last week and developed a blood clot in his brain. Surgery to remove the blood clot was seemingly successful, but Derrick suffered a heart attack in ICU and could not be revived.

Originally posted by liftsiron
    Heart attack and cancer are the nation's top killers in non gear using people as well
    Thank you.

This points out one of the fallacies in logic. It's called "post hoc ergo proctor hoc".

It's best illustrated by an actress who used to tell a joke about the fact that she was born the day before the Pearl Harbor attack, so for years she believed she was responsible.

The fallicy in logic is that we tend to believe if one event follows another, we automatically assume the first event caused the second.

The above illustration proves that isn't true and yet the few bodybuilders who used to use steriods and then die, we continue to ridiculously believe that a naturally occuring hormone is responsble.

I say few because the number of ex users who are in infinitely better health than people the same age who never used far outweighs the few ex users who have complications later in life.

Originally posted by Golden_Muscle
    But for guys in good shape in their fourties to have heart attacks!?Thats not natural or normal, and it happens alot to these bodybuilders. I think im right.

Show me the statistics.

I'm not buying it.

By the way, I'm 46 and my cholesterol runs between 240 and 300.
    I don't use any statin drugs because of the side effects. They are infinately harder on your liver than any oral Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) and they can cause muscle wasting.
    But, other than high cholesterol, I don't have ANY of the other indicators of heart disease.
    Last edited by DragonRider; 01-31-2004 at 05:40 PM.

if i dont know somebody, i could care less if they are dead or alive.

Originally posted by bigdude
    if i dont know somebody, i could care less if they are dead or alive.

That's cold B.Dude, If you really don't care why the need to post some shit like that. Who knows, maybe his dad might read the board. To be honest, I've never heard of Derrick Whitsett but my regards go to his freinds and family

Junior Bodybuilder
    Great!!, here come the rumors. ROIDS, ROIDS, ROIDS. I love these assumptions. Look at their ages, look at their family history, and than do a world wide view on heart attacks and diseases. YOU WILL FIND THAT THEY FALL INTO A HUGE CATAGORY OF PEOPLE WHO DIE EVERY YEAR OF HEARY ATTACKS AT THAT AGE. I think its funny how people here in the US see an athlete die, and although there is far more people who are not athletes dieing from the same problems and at the same age every year, its roids when it comes to us. Not football, not hockey, not baseball(thats ephedra, LOL), not even your average joe where 90% of the statistics show this happens too. Its roids. It drives me crazy to see people who know that the US is full of shit when it comes to medical and pharmacy use the jealous blame game because they cant achieve the results. I CANT STAND EXCUSES FOR LACK OF ACCOMPLISHMENT. B Dude, Im sure you look nothing like those guys based on your reply, and your probably 19, but watch what you say. You never know.... Karma is an interesting thing.

Peace

RIP

He was mugged?

Last edited by Micro; 02-01-2004 at 05:44 PM.

Amateur Bodybuilder
    It gets on my nerves when i here folks saying shit as if juice doesnt have any long term effects. yes testosterone is a natural hormone, but we dont naturally produce 500 mg a week. it also pisses me off when folks blame juice on everything. if youre predisposed, youll get it quicker if you abuse your body with drugs of any kind. its just the chance we take. dont abuse your body, or do something to it "unnatural" and expect no long term problems.

Originally posted by DragonRider
    Show me the statistics.

I'm not buying it.

By the way, I'm 46 and my cholesterol runs between 240 and 300.
    I don't use any statin drugs because of the side effects. They are infinately harder on your liver than any oral Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) and they can cause muscle wasting.
    But, other than high cholesterol, I don't have ANY of the other indicators of heart disease.
    If your cholesterol stays high for long enough you will have a heart attack, thats a fact. Steroids can give you high cholesterol, therefore gives you a heart attack if you dont change your ways.

Do you buy that? You should.

Thread Information