Anabolic steroids, bodybuilding discussion forums. - Steroidology

Easily share your videos with everyone, public or private
Watch
Better than TV! Watch what you want, when you want!
Upload
Quickly upload and tag videos in almost any video format
rui products

(Forum for members to discuss the use of anabolic steroids)

Novice
    Default 171/94....Anyone w/ experience about high blood pressure?
    I have been to the Dr. 3 times in 6 weeks. Every time it is almost the same. I talked him out of giving me meds for lowering twice, but today he said I really needed to start. I told him it was high because I'm taking "supplements" for a powerlifting contest and wanted to wait until after December. I have never been close to high in the past and weighed over 300 lbs. I am 29 and now I weigh 290 and always have been active. My questions are:

1. What is it making it high? I have been on a cycle for 10 weeks that is supposed to go through November. I have taken Test, primo, Anavar (var), clen, eca, t3, Winstrol (winny) (not all at the same time)

2. Once I start can I go off after cycle and see if it goes back down?

3. What can I do as far as diet and supplements. Even if it is not a typical powerlifting or bodybuilding diet. I want to be healthy first off. Does someone have a proven diet and supplement program I can follow exactly.

I have been hot in the face, ears pounding and blurred vision. It is now scaring me and no contest is worth ruining my health. I don't know for sure, but it always seems worse a couple days after primo, but I always take test in the same shot so I don't know for sure.

Administrator
    Site Manager
    Get on some bp meds now !! Why would you ever turn them down ??

Your systolic pressure (171) is way too high. Your diastloic is high but not overly so. Anything over 140/90 is considered hypertensive, not good .....and take that from someone who has experienced this first hand and ended up with an enlarged left ventricle to show for it.

Test will cause your bp to rise, are you taking any anti-aromatase meds to help control estrogen, the main culprit in water retention that leads to high bp.

Both Clen and ECA will also affect your bp.

Primo & Anavar (var) should have little effect as they do not convert to estrogen.

Cardio is a good starting place to help bring your bp down a little as well.
    Stone Cold..............................Never Too Old

Disclaimer: Steroidology.com does not promote the use of anabolic steroids without a doctor's prescription. The information we share is for entertainment purposes only.

I had high blood pressuse and it led to hypertension. 170/110 was my B.P.. I got on medication and my blood pressure went down. I was'nt watching my B.P. and it stated to go back up and the stress from work,I had a stroke. I was hospitalized for 3 weeks and rehab for 4 months. Almost 5 years ago and I'm still fighting to get things back the way they were. They may never be. Get on B.P. meds now ! ! My B.P. now is 120/75

Olympian Bodybuilder TheStromba's Avatar
    That BP is a fucking stroke waiting to happen. Get on the meds now.

Novice
    I am going to start tomorrow. I was just worried cause I do not want to take forever and I think it is high from the cycle.

Novice
    I am taking arimidex eod.....should I take nolva? Will it help?

IT may be high from the cycle, but you can not play games with this. If you must continue your cycle, take the BP meds untill you are well off cycle, then see if you can get off of them.

My BP goes up when I retain water from a cycle. I have a home BP monitor (you should have one too) It is worth the 50 bucks and you can keep better track of it than the occasional visit to the doctor's office

I am not sure if armidex or nolva will help your BP. I want to stress that your BP is dangerously high, and IMO you need to address that first and worry about everything else later

Novice
    171/94 is a stroke waiting to happen even if I have only had it a short time? The Dr. didn't think it was a very big deal because I'm active and because of my age. I gave blood 6 months ago and it was 130/80, so it hasn't been high all that long.

Administrator
    Site Manager
    Originally posted by hammer751
    I am taking arimidex eod.....should I take nolva? Will it help?
    How much Arimidex are you taking and how much Test ??

Arimidex will lower your bp by reducing the conversion of test to estrogen. Estrogen causes water retention which results in high bp.

In any case, get on the meds, maybe cut back on your test dosage, it's much better to cut your losses now and live for another day to cycle later.

Disclaimer: Steroidology.com does not promote the use of anabolic steroids without a doctor's prescription. The information we share is for entertainment purposes only.

Administrator
    Site Manager
    171/94 is a stroke waiting to happen even if I have only had it a short time? The Dr. didn't think it was a very big deal because I'm active and because of my age. I gave blood 6 months ago and it was 130/80, so it hasn't been high all that long.

My bp was only elevated for a couple months when I suffered my heart problem. If your doctor doesn't think it's a big deal, then I strongly suggest you find another doc.

Novice
    .5mg a-dex......500mg test

Well, all I can tell you is from my own expierence. My BP was 145/95 and my doctor had a fit and put me on meds right away. Granted I am probably older than you (I was 35 or so at the time)

Perhaps someone with a medical background can tell ya for sure.

Just lookin out for ya bro..

Administrator
    Site Manager
    .5mg a-dex......500mg test

That's 0.5 mg EOD right.........up it to 1 mg EOD and see if that helps.

Novice
    I will up the a-dex to .5 ed instead of eod....When it was in the 160/90 range he wanted to put me on meds that day but I told him all the "supps" I was taking and he said that by itself would up it 20 points. I have heard a lot of misconceptions about bp meds but now I think I'll go ahead and start tomorrow. Thanks for the help guys, sometimes you just don't want to admit you have something going wrong, I just turned 29 and don't want to think I'm getting old yet.

do the smart thing hammer, get better quick bro

you should definately get on the meds. Your doctor is giving you a gift, that alot of others who use gear dont get. The meds wont affect you in any way, except that it will keep you safe and lower your BP

It's kind of ironic that so many BBs won't think twice about shooting a gram/wk of gear, insulin, T3, hGH, L-R3, etc. but when it comes to actually taking a med they *need* --blood pressure medicine-- they totally freak out and try to rationalize why they aren't going to take it. And I see it over and over and over again in the forums...

Thread Information