Anabolic steroids, bodybuilding discussion forums. - Steroidology

(Forum for members to discuss the use of anabolic steroids)

Rookie
    HCG recommended?
    Starting my first cycle of Test E (250mg mon and thurs). for 12 weeks. I am only able to get Nolvadex but I am hearing about HCG. I have done a lot of research, but I also am seeing that people are saying that it is not recommended with a first cycle and since I am not stacking. What are your thoughts? Will Nolvadex be good enough for me to recover?

Also, I am in college. With college comes partying which I usually only do thurs and friday nights.. what are your thoughts of alcohol consumption during a cycle? I can of course keep it minimal if thats the case.

Junior Bodybuilder
    Hey Id also like to know peoples input on Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) for PCT.

As for drinking man, long as your not taking oral's it's fine. it could hurt your gain's a bit tho.

Rookie
    I think you'll be fine with just Nolvadex personally. I have drank while on cycle and have had no problems. Dont' go overboard and get smashed every night. A few beers won't hurt. It didn't hurt me at least.

Olympian Bodybuilder
    HCG i will always use this. it helps you recover faster and it keeps your balls at a some what normal size.
    right at the end of the cycle i will take one big shot to help with the Lh production and get the testicals working.
    as for drinking i dont do it but it wont hurt. gains some may be lost hard to say.

so i would say even with a short cycle use Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) its cheap and when you got your rod out and dragging it over to some young girl she dont want to see 2 flat tires. lol

Junior Bodybuilder
    How much do you take ? and do you take it same time as you take your last test shot ?

Olympian Bodybuilder
    comes dow to how much test i run. if i stay low on the test i run 250iu X2 a week
    with what i'm on now i will go 250iu EOD. this keeps my balls nice and large. and the last shot will be 1500iu one time the last week before post cycle therapy (pct) starts for me.

Junior Bodybuilder
    Ok thanks. I havnt been on any Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) yet but I may pick some up my gf is gonna be wonderin what's up if my nuts shrink to marbles hahah.

Olympian Bodybuilder
    good stuff
    did my friend help you out.

Junior Bodybuilder
    He did. Thank's alot bud.

Olympian Bodybuilder
    good. your welcome.

Rookie
    thanks for the input guys. just curious, if I do not run HCG, will my balls return to normal size and will i fully recover from this cycle?

Olympian Bodybuilder
    yes they will it will just take a little longer for them to start producing there own test Hormone. thats the main reason i use it.
    i dont care about my ball size just as long as they start working as fast as they can after the cycle

Junior Bodybuilder
    Oh yeah they will recover it just might take a little bit longer. I think the Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) will just speed up the recovery process

Rookie
    thanks a lot, much appreciated guys. good luck with your cycles.

A good protocol for hCG on your cycle is 100iu ED starting 7 days after your 1st shot. Then stop the day of your last shot. You want to stop hCG 2 weeks before the AAS leaves your system. So for Test E it just happens to be about the last day you take your shot of test. But this will very depending on what compound you are on. Remember, start first day you start your AAS, end 2 weeks before whatever compound you are on is clear from your body.

Also if you go the on cycle hCG route, DO NOT TAKE IT PCT. Its one or the other. Doing it on cycle being the more beneficial of the two.

Good luck.

EDit to answer your other question.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggs999Bacon View Post
    thanks for the input guys. just curious, if I do not run HCG, will my balls return to normal size and will i fully recover from this cycle?
    The point of hCG is to help prevent testicular degeneration so you have a smooth transition off cycle. That being said, people have done gear for decades without hCG. your not going to die without it. Its just another way to smooth things out...
    Last edited by MS1605; 03-04-2010 at 03:20 PM.

Thread Information