Anabolic steroids, bodybuilding discussion forums. - Steroidology

rui products

(Forum for members to discuss the use of anabolic steroids)

Rookie
    pain and swelling at injection site
    I injected in my quad 2 days ago, quad is swelling up and my muscles are knotting up. This is my first cycle having to inject i am using sus325. It doesnt look infected but would appreciate some suggestions or info. Thanks.

Where in your thigh, how much gear, what type of pin ??
    Age 50
    5 11

wight 210
    Fall cycleTRT-250 test c psl
    Tren prop 50/50 m w f psl
    Aromasine
    Prami if needed
    HCG as needed.

Get'n big 1 rep at a time PeanutButter's Avatar
    yes what spot in your quad and what size pin. a few things that help when injecting is to massage the muscle before and after, warm the oils up in the syringe or vial with warm water, and a quick flick of the wrist to get the pin in there. Inject the oils slow if you inject 1cc take atleast 30seconds to do it. And of course know the correct area lol

Away
    Good advice^^^

The quad can be fricken painful to inject in.
    My first few injects in the quad were crippling. Dont pin directly in the center of the quad...Pin high to the outside and I wouldnt pin over 1cc for your first few injects. Let your "Virgin" muscle get use to the gear....

If our current advice doesnt work... your gear may have a high BA content and may need to be cut with some sterile oil or b12 to dilute it.

Get'n big 1 rep at a time PeanutButter's Avatar
    how do you "cut" it with those things? i'd like to learn this may help me in the future

Away
    Just mix the two in the syringe before injecting. I leave a air bubble in the syringe shake it up a bit.

Just mix it 50/50 with b12 or the sterile oil.

Some people say that mixing water based gear with oil based increases the chance of developing a abscess. I dont know if there is any truth to that theory tho.Yet I dont take the chance...

On the backside of 40...
    Haven't tried pinning anywhere but the glutes yet. No pain for me but pulling the plunger back and being able to see it is a challenge!

Plus the red B12 makes it damn near impossible to tell...

Away
    You'll know...If the plunger comes back easy with liquid you hit a vein.

Also, I usually pin b12 subq when I pin it alone. Can be used wither way IM or Deep subq.

You've woken up the Demon jjtattoofreak's Avatar
    I have only real issues when I inject my quad more to the center line of the knee cap, like monday I was still over to the outside but not like I usually am so my leg is a little sore today, I try to get the meatiest part of the muscle.... You should be fine mayne... Its annoying but it ll go away..

Rookie
    about 3 inches from the knee cap 1ml and a 22 gauge needle with the tip of the needle angled towards me. and no this is the only spot i have tried so far, are there anyother places that arent as bad.

Away
    Only three inches from the top of the knee cap?! Yikes...

Yeah there is.. GO HIGH to the outside of the quad.

High as in about 2-3 inchs under one hand length from where your leg attaches to your hip.

DO NOT ANGLE THE NEEDLE.

Go straight in.

Away
    they have thighs u wanna inject

Last edited by Scarz; 12-30-2009 at 08:09 PM.

I am banned!
    Care Bear Fetishes With Bright Colors Will Not be Tolerated Here.

Away
    LMAO... You're a punk Scarz.

I am banned!
    sorry dude, forum rules

Novice
    I found the slow inject and icing before works a bit better. I got brused the first time I did a flick jab I think I went in too quick. I ice the site first then slowly inject and it seems to hurt less. (prop)

Away
    Ice it... I find that having my muscles warmed up before injecting results in less post inject pain.

Rookie
    Alright thanks for the info ill try that

I am banned!
    try it KMKBUSTER, and stay away from carebears

1) Tissue Irritation
    This is probably the most likely cause of post injection pain and the least serious. Tissue irritation is likely to start 12-24 hours after injection, pain can be mild to moderate depending on the level of tissue irritation and the volume injected. The injection site is likely to swell within the muscle, maybe red and likely to be warm and very firm to the touch. The pain and swelling will start to fade after 72 hours and can last over a week in the worst cases. The most likely causes of tissue irritation are:
    The hormone crashes out of the solution in the depot. This causes crystallisation of the hormone, this in turn places a lot of pressure on the nerve endings in the muscle belly causing knotting, swelling and pain - this is most common in long chain esters, high mg/ml concentration gear and gear compounded with less than idea oil blends.
    A reaction to the acid compounds within the ester. With the ********* breakdown of the ester attached to the hormone free form acids are released which can cause the muscle tissue rapid irritation at the injection site ***8211; this is most common with propionic acid of the propionate ester. Poor quality raw materials also liberate more freeform acids.

Newb muscles. Of course everyone knows your first injections are the worst. Over time your body will build a tolerance.

Excessive preservative. If too much benzyl Alcohol is used to formulate the solution inflammation and pain may result. Pharma grade usually contains 0.9% Benzyl alcohol where the common senseu states UGL products contain on average 2%. Anything above 1.2% offers no added anti-microbial effects. Due to water soluable nature of benzyl alcohol tissue irritation of this nature has been known to ***8220;travel***8221; as the excessive alcohol disperses via the blood stream. This is most common with injection into the quads (vastus lateralis).The pain travels down toward the knee. This may however be in part due to lymphatic drainage and leads me nicely to my next point.
    Ice and ibuprofen may help with the swelling. Hot baths, showers and massage of the injection site may help to distribute the injection and reduce pain.

2) Hitting the lymphatic system.
    Hitting the lymphatic system is very rare. The lymphatic system is as vast as the circulatory system but the standard injection sights (Glute, ventro-glute, medial delts and vastus lateralis) are generally void of lymphatic nodes. If a lymph node is hit with an injection pain is likely to be severe and edema vast. The swelling will come on very fast and be extensive. It is also likely to ***8220;travel***8221; along the lymph system to the next lymph gland. This is most noticeable with a vastus lateralis shot where the swelling tracks down toward the back of the knee. Unlike the edema experienced with tissue irritation (within the muscle only) the edema with a lymphatic puncture will be both inter and intra-muscular with a moderate amount of swelling just underneath the skin giving it a softer puffy feel. This can be tested for by pressing the swollen area with your finger, if in indent remains you have a more systematic edema and more than just local tissue irreation. The other most noticeable difference is that the swelling should not be warm/hot to touch.
    Ice and ibuprofen may help. The affected area must be rested and the patient can expect pain and swelling to start to disperse after 72 hours and last at least 10 days. The painful area must not be massaged.

3) Infection and abscess.
    So now to the most serious reason for injection pain. An infection will start in the same manner as tissue irritation with local pain and swelling, with heat and redness around the muscle. The major difference is that after 72 hours tissue irritation should start to subside, if the area is indeed infected this pain and swelling will get worse. The swelling will change in nature becoming more systematic and edema will start to form under the skin becoming softer and more spongy (as described with a lymphatic puncture).

There are many reasons why an infection can manifest, below are some of the most common examples.
    Poor injection technique. Correct, and sterile injection technique is a must. You must make sure the injection site and rubber stopper is clean and swabbed with an alcohol wipe.
    Also the moisture from the alcohol swab must be allowed to dry before preparing to inject. It is extremely rare but if the alcohol is not allowed to dry the bacterium has not been allowed adequate time to be killed off. If this partly destroyed bacterium was then pushed into a muscle through an Inter-muscular injection the bacterium can ***8220;evolve***8221; into a superbug. My wife***8217;s horse died this way due to an impatient vet.
    You should always use a clean and new syringe barrel and pin and not allow the pin to touch anything before you inject. Avoid pinning through a hair follicle or hair and don***8217;t be tempted to inject too quickly. Injecting too quickly can increase the risk of infection as this in turn increases injection trauma.
    Not rotating injection sites. The risk of infection is massively increased if the same injection site is used over and over again without giving it time to recover. The more an injury (injection trauma) is irritated (re-injected) the more likely it is to become infected. Think back to being a child and picking that scab on your knee excessively and then being told ***8220;I told you so***8221; when it becomes a yellow puss infected mess.
    Contaminated Gear. IMO this is probably the least common cause of infection with oil based injections (I cannot say the same for water based injections). This is a no brainer really. Use a reputable UGL or pharma and avoid water based suspensions.

What to do in the case of an infection.

So the pain and swelling has not subsided and the edema is pitting and moving outside the confides of the muscle fascia after 72 hours. With an infection the body is attempting to contain the bacterium and prevent it from
    reaching the circulatory system by forming a cyst. This is essential to prevent blood poisoning

GET TO A DOCTOR RIGHT AWAY AND HAVE HIM TAKE A LOOK AT YOU. THERE IS NO DOCTORS ON THIS SITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You need medical help at this point.

Rookie
    yea good info, i'm a newb on my 2nd pin of Test E. My glute is sore, kinda like some one charley horsed me but im guessing thats normal being new and all. Its not hott or swollen just sore.

Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by ythrashin View Post
    Ice it... I find that having my muscles warmed up before injecting results in less post inject pain.
    I ice it first it helps numb the site to allow you to enter slowly. But then I have a hot shower after to expand the muscle.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Needtogetaas View Post
    1) Tissue Irritation
    This is probably the most likely cause of post injection pain and the least serious. Tissue irritation is likely to start 12-24 hours after injection, pain can be mild to moderate depending on the level of tissue irritation and the volume injected. The injection site is likely to swell within the muscle, maybe red and likely to be warm and very firm to the touch. The pain and swelling will start to fade after 72 hours and can last over a week in the worst cases. The most likely causes of tissue irritation are:
    The hormone crashes out of the solution in the depot. This causes crystallisation of the hormone, this in turn places a lot of pressure on the nerve endings in the muscle belly causing knotting, swelling and pain - this is most common in long chain esters, high mg/ml concentration gear and gear compounded with less than idea oil blends.
    A reaction to the acid compounds within the ester. With the ********* breakdown of the ester attached to the hormone free form acids are released which can cause the muscle tissue rapid irritation at the injection site – this is most common with propionic acid of the propionate ester. Poor quality raw materials also liberate more freeform acids.

Newb muscles. Of course everyone knows your first injections are the worst. Over time your body will build a tolerance.

Excessive preservative. If too much benzyl Alcohol is used to formulate the solution inflammation and pain may result. Pharma grade usually contains 0.9% Benzyl alcohol where the common senseu states UGL products contain on average 2%. Anything above 1.2% offers no added anti-microbial effects. Due to water soluable nature of benzyl alcohol tissue irritation of this nature has been known to “travel” as the excessive alcohol disperses via the blood stream. This is most common with injection into the quads (vastus lateralis).The pain travels down toward the knee. This may however be in part due to lymphatic drainage and leads me nicely to my next point.
    Ice and ibuprofen may help with the swelling. Hot baths, showers and massage of the injection site may help to distribute the injection and reduce pain.

2) Hitting the lymphatic system.
    Hitting the lymphatic system is very rare. The lymphatic system is as vast as the circulatory system but the standard injection sights (Glute, ventro-glute, medial delts and vastus lateralis) are generally void of lymphatic nodes. If a lymph node is hit with an injection pain is likely to be severe and edema vast. The swelling will come on very fast and be extensive. It is also likely to “travel” along the lymph system to the next lymph gland. This is most noticeable with a vastus lateralis shot where the swelling tracks down toward the back of the knee. Unlike the edema experienced with tissue irritation (within the muscle only) the edema with a lymphatic puncture will be both inter and intra-muscular with a moderate amount of swelling just underneath the skin giving it a softer puffy feel. This can be tested for by pressing the swollen area with your finger, if in indent remains you have a more systematic edema and more than just local tissue irreation. The other most noticeable difference is that the swelling should not be warm/hot to touch.
    Ice and ibuprofen may help. The affected area must be rested and the patient can expect pain and swelling to start to disperse after 72 hours and last at least 10 days. The painful area must not be massaged.

3) Infection and abscess.
    So now to the most serious reason for injection pain. An infection will start in the same manner as tissue irritation with local pain and swelling, with heat and redness around the muscle. The major difference is that after 72 hours tissue irritation should start to subside, if the area is indeed infected this pain and swelling will get worse. The swelling will change in nature becoming more systematic and edema will start to form under the skin becoming softer and more spongy (as described with a lymphatic puncture).

There are many reasons why an infection can manifest, below are some of the most common examples.
    Poor injection technique. Correct, and sterile injection technique is a must. You must make sure the injection site and rubber stopper is clean and swabbed with an alcohol wipe.
    Also the moisture from the alcohol swab must be allowed to dry before preparing to inject. It is extremely rare but if the alcohol is not allowed to dry the bacterium has not been allowed adequate time to be killed off. If this partly destroyed bacterium was then pushed into a muscle through an Inter-muscular injection the bacterium can “evolve” into a superbug. My wife’s horse died this way due to an impatient vet.
    You should always use a clean and new syringe barrel and pin and not allow the pin to touch anything before you inject. Avoid pinning through a hair follicle or hair and don’t be tempted to inject too quickly. Injecting too quickly can increase the risk of infection as this in turn increases injection trauma.
    Not rotating injection sites. The risk of infection is massively increased if the same injection site is used over and over again without giving it time to recover. The more an injury (injection trauma) is irritated (re-injected) the more likely it is to become infected. Think back to being a child and picking that scab on your knee excessively and then being told “I told you so” when it becomes a yellow puss infected mess.
    Contaminated Gear. IMO this is probably the least common cause of infection with oil based injections (I cannot say the same for water based injections). This is a no brainer really. Use a reputable UGL or pharma and avoid water based suspensions.

What to do in the case of an infection.

So the pain and swelling has not subsided and the edema is pitting and moving outside the confides of the muscle fascia after 72 hours. With an infection the body is attempting to contain the bacterium and prevent it from
    reaching the circulatory system by forming a cyst. This is essential to prevent blood poisoning

GET TO A DOCTOR RIGHT AWAY AND HAVE HIM TAKE A LOOK AT YOU. THERE IS NO DOCTORS ON THIS SITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You need medical help at this point.
    very helpful. Hey man, - quick question - i already made my stuff , first with 2% BA, but since i was getting flu symptoms , i though i might add 1% more BA in case of bacteria or else, and now the inflamation is even worse. Is there a way I can fix that , or just get rid of the gear?

uniquemicals
Thread Information