Anabolic steroids, bodybuilding discussion forums. - Steroidology

(Forum for members to discuss the use of anabolic steroids)

Rookie
    Pre-Employment Drug Screen
    To whom it may concern,
    This question concerns my daughter. Shes currently 30 and is pursuing a career in Texas Law Enforcement, particularly in corrections. Personally I dont see what the thrill is, but it's her decision. She does use steroids and has been for around 3 years. Yes, I do support whatever she does. However, I am concerned with her interest in law enforcement that she will be rejected due to it showing up in a urinalysis. I've searched the net the best I can to figure out what type of test is administered. I keep coming up empty-handed. So I thought this would be a good place to continue my search. Is anyone familiar with this agency? What test is administered? Are the anabolics going to show up? LIke I mentioned I don't want her to be rejected. Like any other father, I only want the best for my daughter.

Sincerely,
    Tom

PS. I do not know what types of steroids she is using, she just made me aware that she was in case it became medically relevant.

From what I know, it can depend on the state, agency, etc, etc. and I'm not real framiliar with each, however, I've heard most DO NOT initially test for steroids, just the routine battery of illegals and prescription. BUT, keep in mind that ALOT of LE type agency's will also administer a polygraph test, at which time they do ask about drugs, all type and will gauge you upon your anwers. In those, its best to tell the truth because they are looking more for an HONEST answer then anything else.
    Also, if they are going to test you, they have to state that in the pre-employment packet and they almost always list what type of test it will be and what they are testing for.. Everything I've ever applied to had this included in the info packet (if testing). So she should get that or look through it before even goes for a test.

Rookie
    what type of test
    1st off finf out what she's on check out the detection times on the gear.Police departments due all different test it depends on the city.Have her go to her dr.and get block work done.What ever in here it will show up,once again depending on what she took.My uncle is head homocide for sapd he says they don't due roid test their some agencys due though,better safe than sorry.

Junior Bodybuilder workoutfreak078's Avatar
    Ronnie Coleman is a police officer. I don't think they check for steroids.

Rookie
    Okay um I dont know who Ronnie Coleman is.

Some Dept's do, Ronnie is a pro body builder. Just because his OLD place of employment didn't screen for AAS dosent mean none do. Also he is no longer a cop.

Coleman was a reserve cop for Arlington, TX...did it on his own time...and "HOMOcide" is spelled homicide. unless you were being sarcastic.

LOL.. good catch DnB!

Novice
    Its funny you ask this I was just asked the same question by a friend of mine from my understanding in most states they dont test one of my friends is an air marshall and has been on for years without a problem. Also if she checks out what the time frame each product she is staying in her system this can help to know if anything will show up. An example is Deca stays in your system for over a year.

Thread Information