Anabolic steroids, bodybuilding discussion forums. - Steroidology

(Forum for members to discuss the use of anabolic steroids)

arimidex=grow taller ?
    Hey guys,glad to be here!

just hit 21,wondering wether i still can grow an extra inch taller?

does arimidex help? if i can't grow anymore i'm ready to head to the dark side hahahahahahahahh! got all the gear ready for a long time now, just wanna confirm if i stopped growing vertically. only 5'9 here like 5'10 better

this site rocks!!!!!

Novice
    It's not just growth that people tell you not to juice, it's hormones and a bunch of other stuff. IMO 21 is fine unless your one of those late blummers you know? Just make sure your diet and training are and have been in order. As far as adex making you taller........ dex

Administrator
    Site Manager
    As far as Arimidex making you taller.....where did you hear that ??
    Stone Cold..............................Never Too Old

Disclaimer: Steroidology.com does not promote the use of anabolic steroids without a doctor's prescription. The information we share is for entertainment purposes only.

read it here from the post where the 16 year old wanted to juice up!

Administrator
    Site Manager
    Originally posted by Herc
    read it here from the post where the 16 year old wanted to juice up!

yeah.....I saw that after I asked you where....LOL

Just goes to show don't believe everything you read.....

Disclaimer: Steroidology.com does not promote the use of anabolic steroids without a doctor's prescription. The information we share is for entertainment purposes only.

hahahahhahah.....i should have known better

its the dark side then...hahahahahhahahahaha
    d-bol sustanon here i come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WI
    Originally posted by StoneColdNTO
    As far as Arimidex making you taller.....where did you hear that ??
    SC, where you have you been bro., you haven't heared that before! Always out of the loop!

Seriously though, never heard of Arimidex making you grow taller!

From what I've seen poll wise most stopped growing 18-19.
    He who overcomes others has force; He who overcomes himself is strong. Lao-tzu

30 YEARS AAS EXPERIENCE Deepglute's Avatar
    Delayed closure of epiphyseal cartilages induced by the aromatase inhibitor anastrozole. Would it help short children grow up?

Faglia G, Arosio M, Porretti S.

Institute of Endocrine Sciences, Ospedale Maggiore IRCCS, University of Milan, Italy. giovanni.faglia@excite.com

Estrogens locally generated from androgen precursors due to the action of aromatase play a main role in epiphyseal cartilage fusion. Treatment with an aromatase inhibitor (anastrozole, 1 mg/day for 3 yr) in a boy previously operated on for a hamartoma causing precocious puberty and presenting with advanced bone maturation and nearly fused epiphyseal cartilages, slowed cartilage fusion consenting a higher final stature than expected (164.4 cm vs 158.4 cm). It is suggested that treatment with aromatase inhibitors, alone or in combination with rh-GH, may also be useful in children with constitutional short stature in order to delay epiphyseal closure and improve the final height.

PMID: 11194703 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

yep, im that 16 year old.

I was 6'5 at 15 and then stopped but I used to eat shit loads! I wish I started juicing when I was 16. I could be a 400lb Mr Olympia by now - DAMN IT!!!!

arimedex wont help you grow but If your already going to stop growing, I have read that you will get a "growth spurt" and then the steroids will stunt your growth. I cant remember where I read it, but Its true..... I hope

Olympian Bodybuilder simpllyhuge's Avatar
    what do u mean by late bloomer? i cant figure out if i am one.

Originally posted by Perv
    I was 6'5 at 15 and then stopped but I used to eat shit loads! I wish I started juicing when I was 16. I could be a 400lb Mr Olympia by now - DAMN IT!!!!
    Damm dude you're one tall mofo.................

Originally posted by simpllyhuge
    what do u mean by late bloomer? i cant figure out if i am one.
    late bloomers are people that grow much slower than the average person.Look in the mirrow and you can tell straight or compare with the other siblings in the family.
    If you still don't have any pubic hair down there then you're a late bloomer allrite!
    peace

i was a late bloomer all my teen life but then when i hit 19 i grew like a weed from 5'5 to 5'9 1/2 from 140 to 180.

heck i was dating my gf of 4 years and she was taller than me before.hahahahhahahahah thats a late bloomer bro

Administrator
    Site Manager
    Steeltoe............you were warned about keeping this shit out of the serious forums......and you choose to ignore the warnings, now you've paid the price....see ya !!

Arimidex, as everyone else has already told you, won't do squat for increasing your height! I've researched it quite a lot and have never read any documented studies verifying such results.

30 YEARS AAS EXPERIENCE Deepglute's Avatar
    Originally posted by Josey Wales
    Arimidex, as everyone else has already told you, won't do squat for increasing your height! I've researched it quite a lot and have never read any documented studies verifying such results.

You need to do more research!

http://jcem.endojournals.org/cgi/content/full/86/7/2965

One more point should be made on this subject: There may be another less expensive form of treatment on the horizon that can accomplish the goal of slowing bone age advancement and improving adult height in short normal children. It is now known from the study of rare cases with deficient estrogen production or action that estradiol and not testosterone is the critical factor in determining the rate of bone age advancement and the timing of epiphyseal fusion in males (10). Mauras et al. (11) have recently reported on the ********* effects of the aromatase inhibitor anastrozole in teenage boys, and although no significant adverse effects were seen over a treatment period of 10 weeks, questions about the long-term safety of estrogen blockade on pubertal boys remain unanswered until larger and longer studies are completed (12). One recent case of a boy with precocious puberty due to a hamartoma who received anastrozole for 3 yr at a time at which his epiphyses were nearly fused, and achieved a higher than predicted adult height (164.4 vs. 158.4 cm), provides some hope for this approach (13). Whether these drugs are efficacious and safe in females is another critical question, but in another 3–5 yr we may have evidence that aromatase inhibitors are as good as or superior to the combination of GnRH plus GH. In the meantime, we can expect to see additional (hopefully larger and better controlled) reports of studies using GnRH plus GH in idiopathic short stature, and we can anticipate that hormonal manipulation of growth and adult height in short but endocrinologically normal children will continue to be pursued vigorously in pediatric endocrine </cgi/redirect-inline?ad=endocrine> clinics around the world.

good post

Junior Bodybuilder
    actually, i'm 18 now and on my first cycle. i haven't grown in an entire year, so i'm not realy worried about the whole stunting growth thing. and also, i am taking arimidex throughout the entire cycle to keep estrogen down, because i have read many, many articles on how aromatase inhibitors can slow down the fusing of the epipheasal (sp?) plates. but other than stunting growth, i don't really think there can be any other permanent side effects for a young person. you may be messing around with your endocrine system, but your body will reach homeostasis very quickly after your cycle if proper meds are taken, and for a short time, i am doig 12 weeks, i don't think that is enough time for any permanent effects to occur. think about how many people started drinking heavily at really young ages, 13, 14, and alcohol somehow increases estrogen or something, i don't remember, and that would have similiar effects from starting so young right? by increasing certain hormones? i'm not trying to justify what i'm doing in any way, kind of just thinking out loud right now. cuz if you think about it, people who hurt themselves from drugs are people that use them in heavy doses over really long periods of time. and these people aren't trying to improve their bodies, i am. but try typing in yahoo something along the lines of "nolvadex (or arimidex, or anastrozolol, or exemestane (sp?)) and epiphyseal plates", and a ton of stuff will come up, and you just have to sort through the bs. another thing to think about with the whole stunting of growth thing, the reason girls are so short is because their bodies primarily produce estrogen, while males produce testosterone. so they are making a ton of estrogen, which makes them stop growing at like 15 if they're lucky. another thing i read about, girls that were predicted to be extremely tall, like 6 foot or over, basically freaks, were administered estrogen shots from an early age to fuse together the growing plates so that thy could be a normal height. i realize this is a long post, but if anyone reads it could you please respond and just tell me what you think about what i said? thanks

Thread Information