Anabolic steroids, bodybuilding discussion forums. - Steroidology

rui products

(Forum for members to discuss the use of anabolic steroids)

Junior Bodybuilder
    Leg injection question. Help needed
    Ok guys I am new to leg injections I typically do shoulders and glutes. Did my first leg shot monday. I used a one inch needle. Fine the first day next day I couldn't move my damn leg! It is thursday now and it is just now feeling better but I'm still limping! What am I doing wrong?

I did notice after my shot of eq that a drop of blood came back into the top of the needle. But this was after I had already injected the eq. What does that mean? I pulled back the plunger before I injected and I didn't see any blood so I'm just confused on that.

Should I be standing or sitting when injecting my leg? I always wipe the tops with alcohol and the area. I switch needles just pop off the one that I used to pull it out with then pop on the new one.

I injected it not right on the top of my quad but between the top and the side. Do I want to inject more on the side of my quad?

Please guys help! I do not want this to happen when I do the next shot in my leg!
    Last edited by viva51; 03-19-2009 at 11:15 AM.

Novice
    hey man my first time in the leg was a couple of months ago....ummm iwas told a general sign of hitting a vein would be a lot of pain and some blood when you pulled back...now im not a doctor nor was i there to see you do you stick, but ive hit a vein before and i couldnt move my leg the rest of the day ether but was fine the next day....what you should do is sit back in a chair make sure you leg is real loose, no muslce tension at all pick a nice area in (the middle, of your quad) and throw it in from there good luck...

Junior Bodybuilder
    Thanks man! So in your opinion you feel it's better to inject on the top of the quad rather than the side. Just want to clarify. Thanks again!

Monster
    well the best way is do it in the butt cheek. first is the biggest muscle in your body and second for the exact reason you said you cant move your leg if you inject it wrong.
    your best bet is doing in in your buttcheek.
    i did a couple cycles and never had a problem.
    just do left and then right swich them up

Novice
    bro sometimes you pin and you think what the fuck. you cant expect to pin yourself for weeks on end and not have one hit nerves or go threw a blood vessel and not all needles are the same iv had instances where needles where hard to break skin and i would change it. pin needles get dull even from the rubber on vials. for quad inj. i would be sitting on the edge of a chair with the leg out and relaxed. i pinned once and limped for a week.

Quote Originally Posted by viva51 View Post
    Ok guys I am new to leg injections I typically do shoulders and glutes. Did my first leg shot monday. I used a one inch needle. Fine the first day next day I couldn't move my damn leg! It is thursday now and it is just now feeling better but I'm still limping! What am I doing wrong?

I did notice after my shot of eq that a drop of blood came back into the top of the needle. But this was after I had already injected the eq. What does that mean? I pulled back the plunger before I injected and I didn't see any blood so I'm just confused on that.

Should I be standing or sitting when injecting my leg? I always wipe the tops with alcohol and the area. I switch needles just pop off the one that I used to pull it out with then pop on the new one.

I injected it not right on the top of my quad but between the top and the side. Do I want to inject more on the side of my quad?

Please guys help! I do not want this to happen when I do the next shot in my leg!

What the Duece.... ?!?! tazman03's Avatar
    I never do it in the side of my leg, I know thats one of the spots they say you can, but I want the meatyiest part to get the poke. Try massaging it after poke.
    Someone once told me to run syringe under warm water to bring temp up then shoot.
    Dont know if theirs any proof to back that up, just what someone told me. (get feedback)
    Only problem I ever had was with some prop. Never again did it hurt with anything else.

Novice
    yea i drop in from the top, i find it a lot less painful that way....but than again im also the same person who puts the pin to his skin and than pushes it in, instead of given it a quick stick...i let it sit in hot water for minute or two helps with the air bubbles a little bit and it feels a lot better on the way in...but yea just make sure your relaxed everybody hits something once in a while. unless your usin your buttcheek

There is a slew of different reasons you could be experiencing this pain. They range from high hormone concentrations to hitting nerves in the legs, etc...

I would assume that because you opened up a new injection site, that would be the main culprit. Hitting nerves and veins does increase the injection site discomfort afterward, but does not increase the discomfort all that much. If you injected and hit a nerve, you would have seen a muscle spasm in the middle of the injection. If you went through a vein, there should be slight bruising at the injection site. If you hit a vein and shot into the vein, you would know it...

Massage the area after you inject and make sure you stretch the muscle the best you can prior to and after the injection.

Junior Bodybuilder
    Thanks guys! My quad is swollen and is red in the area where I injected. In your guys opinion should I try my other leg for my next injection or should I skip leg injections? The way I was going to set it up was left shoulder, right shoulder, left quad, right quad. What do you guys think?

What the Duece.... ?!?! tazman03's Avatar
    just out of curiosity how much are you shooting at one time?

Quote Originally Posted by viva51 View Post
    My quad is swollen and is red in the area where I injected.
    That's not good, is it hot to the touch???

That sounds a little bit like an infection.

I only pin quads rotating left / right I tighten the muscle before pinning though and massage the injection location after. No pain no soreness.

Junior Bodybuilder
    Think I'm going to skip the right leg injections. I just can't limp around for another week. I think I'm going to stick to shoulders and glutes. I had better success with that. Can I use a one inch needle for glute injections? I typically use one and a half inch needles but will one inch needles work? Thanks guys!

Junior Bodybuilder
    Ok guys my leg is still sore! It's been two weeks! Now the reason I'm not that upset is because it is getting better I have full range of motion with my leg I'm not limping anymore and the swelling has gone down. However, it is still sore and somewhat swollen. What I need your guys help with is this normal? I think I must have gone through a vein but not sure? Possibly an infection but I did not get test flu from it. So I am just confused on what is going on? Since it was a new injection site and with the possibility of going through a vein and a possible infection is it normal for it to take this long to heal? Should I do anything? Please guys help!

I run hot tap water on the syringe with the gear already in it (Not the needle). Then I get all air out of syringe , then jab my quad with a quick but accurate force. Inject very slowly (too fast will cause alot more pain).....then I massage my leg very well so the gear doesn't stay generalized in one area. I squat a couple times to flex the muscle , you can then put heat on it or sit in a tub if you really want to go the extra mile.
    Massaging it is really the only thing you really need to do but if you experience more than usual pain , you do all the other stuff I mentioned.
    I always do my injections before showering , so I can run hot water on injection site when doing prop or when I try suspension for the first time
    Good Luck

Rookie
    If you're lean, a 1" in the glutes is fine. My first injection was into the quad and I like the outer part a little less than halfway down.

Ventrogluteal is another good spot, give it a shot!

Thread Information