Anabolic steroids, bodybuilding discussion forums. - Steroidology

(Forum for members to discuss the use of anabolic steroids)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Thread:

Pramipexole

Pramipexole
    Planning on using this short term during my upcoming test/tren cycle to suppress the possibility of prolactin induced gyno. I was actually doing a lot of reading on the drug and came across some posts on the AF forums where people are using this stuff full time as it is a dopamine agonist and acts as an anti-depressant, as well as it can greatly enhance the libido of men and women (multiple O's with women subjects). So I was like sweet, maybe I'll just order a bunch of this stuff and try it, get the GF to try it out as well, see how that works. Then I came across this, and I just wanted to share it with you guys in case anyone decides to try a similar route:

Dopamine agonists such as Mirapex (pramipexole) can cause compulsive eating and weight gain - fatnews.com

Dunno how relevant this info is to BB'ers but people in general prone to weight gain seemed to put on an avg. of 15% body weight while on dopamine agonists. The test was done using Prami itself so I thought it was pretty relevant. A lot of these people were overweight to begin with but some were not, so it makes me wonder how typical that level of weight gain would be. But for now I've definitely decided to only use it while on Tren and I'm DEFINITELY not going to give it to the GF, the enhanced libido would be nice but I don't want to end up porking a porker after she's been on it for a year or so.

WOW, 7 people gained weight! OMG. dumb post.

How many total people have used this drug?

How many have lost weight? How many feel better?

How many ect...

7 people gain weight, you better stay away....

What a joke.

I guess I also should've asked the question: Anyone on the board using this stuff. I really dont know what the dosage would have to be to cause that kind of extreme weight gain but I haven't been able to find a whole lot of info on it otherwise, on the weight gain/loss part. Dunno if it has something to do with people who were using it for Parkinson's or if they were just taking shitloads of Prami or what. Never experimented with it myself. I guess I'll post my own results.

BTW you dont have to be a dickhead about it hype lol

Administrator
    Site Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by epoxy View Post
    BTW you dont have to be a dickhead about it hype lol
    Agreed, there would have been better ways to get his point across.
    Stone Cold..............................Never Too Old

Disclaimer: Steroidology.com does not promote the use of anabolic steroids without a doctor's prescription. The information we share is for entertainment purposes only.

diplomacy

Tren kills my appetite, so that would be something I would consider if I was going to run Tren again. With that being said, I don't know how much I like the idea of using a drug for RLS and Parkinson's...

As you said, anti-depressants do the same thing... I wouldn't use those for weight gain either.

Quote Originally Posted by MilkDaScow View Post
    Tren kills my appetite, so that would be something I would consider if I was going to run Tren again. With that being said, I don't know how much I like the idea of using a drug for RLS and Parkinson's...

As you said, anti-depressants do the same thing... I wouldn't use those for weight gain either.
    Damn. I was under the impression that Tren would actually increase my appetite as is, as that is what I have read previously. I guess to each his own, we'll see. Also the prami might have to be taken in larger dosages than just 0.25-0.50 recommended for prolactin supression to trigger the "out of control" hunger. Some of the studies I looked at said the Parkinson's patients in their clinical trials were using 2-4mg a day of this stuff, which is well, quite a lot.

Community Veteran
    Long-time Mod on Elite

fibromyalgia patients took up to 5mg per day, without any notable occurance of this issue. it can aggravate compulsive eating, as most dopaminergics CAN amplify underlying compulsive behaviours, but pramipexole generally suppresses appetite (bit of a catch 22). Would say that the great majority of persons experience at least some appetite suppression (not inability to eat but rather a lack of "hunger" signalling- compulsive eating has nothing to do with hunger).

would say that its a very uncommon response, and extremely unlikely at doses below 1mg.

Quote Originally Posted by macro View Post
    fibromyalgia patients took up to 5mg per day, without any notable occurance of this issue. it can aggravate compulsive eating, as most dopaminergics CAN amplify underlying compulsive behaviours, but pramipexole generally suppresses appetite (bit of a catch 22). Would say that the great majority of persons experience at least some appetite suppression (not inability to eat but rather a lack of "hunger" signalling- compulsive eating has nothing to do with hunger).

would say that its a very uncommon response, and extremely unlikely at doses below 1mg.
    This is why one article isn't enough to make a decision about most drugs...

Macro, again, thanks for the great posts and being so damn informed about everything

Junior Bodybuilder
    can't wait to get started with prami

Same bro waiting for mine to get here. Hope it makes me feel like a million bucks

Rookie
    I am real happy with the stuff. I won't go spouting off,but feel free to ask questions

Community Veteran
    Long-time Mod on Elite

Same bro waiting for mine to get here. Hope it makes me feel like a million bucks
    be sure to update. The more experiences and individual results available, the easier it is for people to make an informed decision on what to use and in some cases what not to use as well as pitfalls to watch out for and benefits that may be less common as well (for instance, already a few reports of prami helping with quitting smoking- not something that is in the literature).

Ive used dostinex extensively with great success, have ordered some prami and will try it once it gets here to compare the two.

Going to start with 0.5mg/day taken a few hours before bed and see how it goes. Dostinex has a very pronounced effect on my libido and sexual performance, curious to see what prami does in this regard.

F.

Novice
    Is Prami legal then? How do I stand on getting hold of some in UK? or can it be legaly ordered online?

its a prescription med, don't see why you couldn't get it in the UK, check online pharms.

Community Veteran
    Long-time Mod on Elite

Quote Originally Posted by DJStuC View Post
    Is Prami legal then? How do I stand on getting hold of some in UK? or can it be legaly ordered online?
    legal is a relative term. Its legal for sale for research.

************ carries and does ship to UK

FYI for my CAN bro's. It took my prami 2.5 weeks to get here but I got it

F.

I've actually heard alot of good things regarding Prami (from actual users).. know several people who are raving about it. One bro said he's had slight gyno for years and after a month or so on prami, its completely gone now. If you like running 19-nor's I'd definetly say you should at the very least give it a shot but people who dont even run tren or deca are saying they are seeing benefits like increase sex drive/libido, improved sexual function, mood stablization, better sleep, etc..

bump. can macro or anyone comment on prami, bout to start mine next week and still had a couple of unclear issues:

half life is 9-12 hours, would there be any point in dosing twice, or will just once suffice?
    is there any estimate on how much GH prami will aid in releasing (equal to 1iu, 2iu etc per day)? (going to be using .50mg ED) thanks.

bump. can macro or anyone comment on prami, bout to start mine next week and still had a couple of unclear issues:

half life is 9-12 hours, would there be any point in dosing twice, or will just once suffice?
    is there any estimate on how much GH prami will aid in releasing (equal to 1iu, 2iu etc per day)? (going to be using .50mg ED) thanks.
    epoxy: I'd most definetly dose it twice daily (0.25 am then 0.25 pm). Most of your side effects will come for the first week or so until you build a tolerance to it then they tend to disappear the benefits start to kick in.
    No telling on how much natural GH it would help release.. everyone is different.

just got mine in today...the stuff is like fire in your mouth...is that what it's supposed to feel like?

Junior Bodybuilder
    just use bromo

Quote Originally Posted by DeadnBloated View Post
    just got mine in today...the stuff is like fire in your mouth...is that what it's supposed to feel like?
    lol yeah, the sole reason i dont like research chems. a lot of them are soo nasty. i got pills. will be starting Friday and will post updates.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Thread Information