Anabolic steroids, bodybuilding discussion forums. - Steroidology

rui products
 

(Forum for members to discuss the use of anabolic steroids)

Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Junior Bodybuilder
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    230
    Rep Power
    6
    Winstrol's anti-estrogen and ant-progesterone effects!!!!
    Is it true that Winstrol has got anti-estrogen and and ant-progesterone effects?

    Would it be wise to use Winstrol with Deca- Durabolin or another nandrolone to counter the progestin effects of the nandrolone?

    I have read that it bidns to the progesterone receptor without activating it!

    Is this true?

  2. #2
    Administrator
    Site Manager
    StoneColdNTO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    23,567
    Rep Power
    2000
    Sorry not true.
    Stone Cold..............................Never Too Old



    Disclaimer: Steroidology.com does not promote the use of anabolic steroids without a doctor's prescription. The information we share is for entertainment purposes only.

  3. #3
    Junior Bodybuilder
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    230
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneColdNTO View Post
    Sorry not true.
    I read somewhere that it was true!
    I think another forum's profile!

  4. #4
    Administrator
    Site Manager
    StoneColdNTO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    23,567
    Rep Power
    2000
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_LOVE_SURGEON View Post
    I read somewhere that it was true!
    I think another forum's profile!
    And your point is ?

    Put it this way.......I Winstrol does have any anti-estrogen and and ant-progesterone properties, they are so weak I would not rely on them for anything.
    Last edited by StoneColdNTO; 02-20-2009 at 08:12 AM.
    Stone Cold..............................Never Too Old



    Disclaimer: Steroidology.com does not promote the use of anabolic steroids without a doctor's prescription. The information we share is for entertainment purposes only.

  5. #5
    Shut up and squat ! g1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    1,478
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_LOVE_SURGEON View Post
    I have read that it bidns to the progesterone receptor without activating it!
    totally wrong until you show me a link on pubmed where they say so, and this not going to happen.

  6. #6
    rome wasnt built in a day barnzy7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    US
    Posts
    1,978
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_LOVE_SURGEON View Post
    Is it true that Winstrol has got anti-estrogen and and ant-progesterone effects?

    Would it be wise to use Winstrol with Deca- Durabolin or another nandrolone to counter the progestin effects of the nandrolone?

    I have read that it bidns to the progesterone receptor without activating it!

    Is this true?
    Coming from the guy who says creatine is extremely dangerous...

  7. #7
    Flame Haired Adonis AASynergist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    185
    Rep Power
    6
    To be honest I heard the same thing and I use winni in combination with b6 with tren, deca to combat possible progesterone. I am not sure how effective it is as anti progesteone so I have to bow down to the vets on this one. Would however like to see some research articles. I guess its time for me to do some web article searching!
    Last edited by AASynergist; 02-20-2009 at 01:05 PM.

  8. #8
    Flame Haired Adonis AASynergist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    185
    Rep Power
    6
    Ok this is where apparently the Winstrol (winny) attaching to the progesterone receptor evidence came from.

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The differential effects of stanozolol on human skin and synovial fibroblasts in vitro: DNA synthesis and receptor binding.Ellis AJ, Cawston TE, Mackie EJ. Rheumatology Research Unit, Addenbrooke's Hospital, Cambridge, UK. The anabolic steroid stanozolol stimulates the production of prostaglandin E2 (PGE2) and the matrix metalloproteinases collagenase and stromelysin in human skin fibroblasts but not in rheumatoid synovial fibroblasts. The basis for these differential responses was investigated at the levels of DNA synthesis and steroid receptor binding. Stanozolol inhibited fibroblast growth factor (FGF) stimulated DNA synthesis in both the skin and synovial fibroblasts, showing that both cell types were capable of responding to the compound. Competitive binding assays indicated that stanozolol bound specifically to both the skin and synovial fibroblasts. Binding of stanozolol to both cell types could be partially displaced by progesterone, indicating that stanozolol binds to the progesterone receptor.
    Immunocytochemical studies confirmed the presence of progesterone receptors on skin and synovial fibroblasts. However, progesterone failed to elicit any response with respect to collagenase production in either cell type. Nortestosterone, dexamethasone and 17 beta oestradiol had no effect on binding of stanozolol to either cell type. These results indicate that the inhibition of DNA synthesis by stanozolol is elicited through the progesterone receptor. The effects of stanozolol on collagenase and PGE2 production are mediated by a different receptor, present on skin but not synovial fibroblasts, and as yet unidentified.

    PMID: 8079819 [PubMed indexed for MEDLINE]
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Conclusion: The affinity for binding to the progesterone receptor is not specified or quantified in this abstract, so we don't know if it is an adequate competitor but it does give evidence that it binds. However it also implies that winstrol might be bound rather weakly to the progesterone receptor as Stonecold has indicated.

  9. #9
    Shut up and squat ! g1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    1,478
    Rep Power
    10
    Interesting.. I'll grab this article monday at work and check because its hard to rely on the abstract

  10. #10
    Shut up and squat ! g1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    1,478
    Rep Power
    10
    I found some comments about this paper:

    "The theory goes that Winstrol (winny) can bind and compete for a position at the progesterone receptor much like Clomid of Nolvadex would at the estrogen receptor, thereby inhibiting progestagenic effects. Now, progesterone can aggravate estrogenic side-effects by agonizing estrogen and it does play a role in gyno.
    We also discussed that certain steroids may indeed stimulate and act at the height of the progesterone receptor including nandrolone and Norethandrolone. These hormones are also altered by it inducing a decrease in libido and a sense of lethargy and such, and eventhough they aromatize in lesser rates than some other steroids, they show an equal capability to cause estrogenic side-effects, particularly when stacked with other aromatizable compounds. Now there is evidence that Winstrol (winny) does indeed bind to the progesterone receptor1 and its users do not indicate the normal characteristics of progesterone stimulation, which bodes well for these anti-progestagenic properties. There is also some clinical data that it does aid in symptoms that require progesterone suppression2. Much in the way danazol was also successfully used. The one thing we shouldn't lose sight of however is in what rate it binds to the progesterone reception. There is no data on this. For all we know it couldn't bind strong enough to compete with nandrolone or norethandrolone. So its not wise to state that Winstrol (winny) is an anti-progestagin per se, but it does make Winstrol (winny) a good match for these products in stacks in any case."

  11. #11
    Junior Bodybuilder
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    230
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by g1234 View Post
    I found some comments about this paper:

    "The theory goes that Winstrol (winny) can bind and compete for a position at the progesterone receptor much like Clomid of Nolvadex would at the estrogen receptor, thereby inhibiting progestagenic effects. Now, progesterone can aggravate estrogenic side-effects by agonizing estrogen and it does play a role in gyno.
    We also discussed that certain steroids may indeed stimulate and act at the height of the progesterone receptor including nandrolone and Norethandrolone. These hormones are also altered by it inducing a decrease in libido and a sense of lethargy and such, and eventhough they aromatize in lesser rates than some other steroids, they show an equal capability to cause estrogenic side-effects, particularly when stacked with other aromatizable compounds. Now there is evidence that Winstrol (winny) does indeed bind to the progesterone receptor1 and its users do not indicate the normal characteristics of progesterone stimulation, which bodes well for these anti-progestagenic properties. There is also some clinical data that it does aid in symptoms that require progesterone suppression2. Much in the way danazol was also successfully used. The one thing we shouldn't lose sight of however is in what rate it binds to the progesterone reception. There is no data on this. For all we know it couldn't bind strong enough to compete with nandrolone or norethandrolone. So its not wise to state that Winstrol (winny) is an anti-progestagin per se, but it does make Winstrol (winny) a good match for these products in stacks in any case."
    That is what I read aswel!
    I tink I read it on Mesomorphosis.com!

  12. #12
    Junior Bodybuilder
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    230
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by g1234 View Post
    I found some comments about this paper:

    "The theory goes that Winstrol (winny) can bind and compete for a position at the progesterone receptor much like Clomid of Nolvadex would at the estrogen receptor, thereby inhibiting progestagenic effects. Now, progesterone can aggravate estrogenic side-effects by agonizing estrogen and it does play a role in gyno.
    We also discussed that certain steroids may indeed stimulate and act at the height of the progesterone receptor including nandrolone and Norethandrolone. These hormones are also altered by it inducing a decrease in libido and a sense of lethargy and such, and eventhough they aromatize in lesser rates than some other steroids, they show an equal capability to cause estrogenic side-effects, particularly when stacked with other aromatizable compounds. Now there is evidence that Winstrol (winny) does indeed bind to the progesterone receptor1 and its users do not indicate the normal characteristics of progesterone stimulation, which bodes well for these anti-progestagenic properties. There is also some clinical data that it does aid in symptoms that require progesterone suppression2. Much in the way danazol was also successfully used. The one thing we shouldn't lose sight of however is in what rate it binds to the progesterone reception. There is no data on this. For all we know it couldn't bind strong enough to compete with nandrolone or norethandrolone. So its not wise to state that Winstrol (winny) is an anti-progestagin per se, but it does make Winstrol (winny) a good match for these products in stacks in any case."
    I read the exact same thing!

  13. #13
    Junior Bodybuilder
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    230
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by barnzy7 View Post
    Coming from the guy who says creatine is extremely dangerous...
    I did not say that it was extremely dangerous!
    I said it can damage tjhe kidneys and the muscles!

  14. #14
    Junior Bodybuilder
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    230
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneColdNTO View Post
    And your point is ?

    Put it this way.......I Winstrol does have any anti-estrogen and and ant-progesterone properties, they are so weak I would not rely on them for anything.
    I think it does have weak ones 2!

Thread Information
Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  

3Js Nutrition Network

juicepump











health and fitness talk

3Js Nutrition Network

mr supps

mr supps