Anabolic steroids, bodybuilding discussion forums. - Steroidology

(Forum for members to discuss the use of anabolic steroids)

irongamer
    Aromasin vs Arimidex
    Hi guys I've been cruising on the board for about 8 months...feel like I know alot of you but I never post here so you don't know me. Not liking my old spot (board going sideways!!!) and it seems good and helpful here. My question involves use of Aromatase inhibitor (AI) on cycle. I know the difference between Aromasin and Dex and how they work but I'm confused on the high level of usage of Dex over the Aromasin compound. If one is every bit as effective as the other at controlling estro sides, (aromasin even being a little stronger and having permanent effect on the aromitase it binds to...) as well as better on the blood lipid profiles and being able to be used in the first 7-14 days of PCT...then why is Arimidex used so much more often on cycle? Am i missing something? Is it availability? Thanks guys. I'll be around more now and I appreciate anyone's insight.
    Last edited by irongamer; 01-23-2009 at 04:19 PM.

„„„„PHARMACOLOGIST„„„„ jpflex66's Avatar
    armoasin is best cause it will free up test lower shbg and can cause gains in muscle

Arimidex can be taken eod and aromasin has to be taken ed. I also got it for the reason you stated above about taking it during post cycle therapy (pct). I got it to run ed while on my cycle but found I didn't hold much water this time from Sus , so I didn't use it.

irongamer
    Ozzy I'm runnin Sus and EQ starting next month and have products from a research company that I'm hearing is putting out real bad stuff now. I got my anciliaries in Sept but I'm still worried and I'm gonna buy another one. So the aromasin on cycle would work just as good as the Adex only ED Dosing...is that about right.

Community Veteran
    Long-time Mod on Elite

aromasin is generally much better tolerated and more effective (suppression profile wise) as compared to arimidex. AIFM is comparable in effect, OTC and provides some localized effects (since its TD), though perhaps not as convenient as oral dosing.

you will find very few people that prefer dex over aromasin. And most of the people that claim such (dex rules et al), am rather suspect whether they have used either.

michaelc88
    damn i just bought dex i hope i dont grow tits!

irongamer
    Macro i remember you from way back in 99' from elite...when I first started cycling. Good to see you...

Michael you are funny! Adex works great. Whe aren't talking about whether it works or not...alot of other stuff to consider...I'm 33 not 23 so i gotta watch cholesterol and such...

michaelc88
    oh ok.. im new to this and was not sure!

irongamer
    No problems buddy! I thought you were teasing me....in good humor of course. Adex is very effective. If you got it and nolva in hand and your not running Deca or Tren you have no gyno worries. For Deca and tren it is good to have Cabaser (Dostinex) on hand. I got gyno on first cycle at 250mg/wk of deca, 50mg/day Winstrol and 200mg/wk of primo. Didn't know about progestinic gyno and nolva wasn't working. Needless to say I use Eq and not deca since. It's weird though...i can handle tren without gyno just not deca. (Didn't know in 99' about test only so i thought it was too strong to start with...used a beginner cycle from world anabolic review...big mistake(gyno) but gained 20lbs)

Community Veteran
    Long-time Mod on Elite

irongamer,

the name is familiar.

If you use aromasin, you wont need nolva (which is not particularly a very clean drug to begin with and has its own issues). One had hoped that the era of SERMS would have ended, but then llewellyn and others brought it back as the "new" post cycle therapy (pct). Nolvadex does not cause a release of LH, it does prime GnRH which is all good if your not suppressed. Nolva's action in the pituitary is estrogenic (E primes but also suppresses, and in functional males nolva initially spikes T and then suppresses it, something that the proponents of nolva never seem to mention or know). Some of the newer SERMS, are little better with cleaner binding profiles. But still for post cycle therapy (pct) clomid is the way to go.

now back to the comparative.

dex is not particularly effective for drugs that tend to be subject to peripheral aromatization, methandrostanolone in particular. often a full 2mg daily of dex will still not stop dbol bloat and cramping.

aromasin on the other hand is very effective peripherally, highly suppressing what is generally E2 conversion.

arimidex is best at E1 suppression (tissue affinity, gonadal, adrenal, etc and because its a competitive inhibitor). it suppress e1 at even the lowest of doses, but takes rather high doses to see significant impact on peripheral aromatase (which if you have "issues" is generally where it is).

general reccomendation is aromasin as a base for most aromatic cycles with LETROZOLE on hand. Generally also reccomend a dopaminergic, at least on hand, cabaser tablets or pramipexole (liquid or tabs). prolactin is as involved in gynecomastia and testosterone suppression as estrogen.

irongamer
    macro you the man! Thanks. I checked out your other spot. Good info...I'll be talking to you...

Rookie
    Question Can't get my hands on Aromasin and need help with dosage of, and duration of Arimidex
    I'm planning my first cycle like the one described in the "First Cycle and PCT" tread but do not have access to Aromasin, only Arimidex.

This is the cycle posted in the Sticky:

Sunday 10mg Aromasin
    Monday 10mg Aromasin/500iu HCG
    Tuesday 10mg Aromasin/250mg enanthate
    Wednesday 10mg Aromasin
    Thursday 10mg Aromasin
    Friday 10mg Aromasin/500iu HCG
    Saturday 10mg Aromasin/250mg enanthate

I will follow the PCT in the First Time sticky also, accept for the Aromasin. So I wonder,
    I have read that some people only use 0.25mg Arimidex every other day and others have used 1mg every day, both with good result they say.

How should I dose the Arimidex and do I run the Arimidex all through the cycle and to the end of the post cycle therapy (pct), or only throught out the cycle?

Novice
    Im planning on running 500wk test e, with 50mg ED proviron. I also have letro, nolva, clomid, and arimidex on hand. I was thinking i would need arimidex along with my proviron.

Can anyone reccomend what dose i should take my arimidex at. I was thinking .5 every other day, but some people say i wont need any Aromatase inhibitor (AI) if im taking proviron.

I was planning on taking both Nolva, and clomid for post cycle therapy (pct). Letro is just incase gyno starts up.

Guys, next time please start your own thread rather than bumping an old ass one. .5mg eod is the normal dosage for adex. MountainMan, you may want to hold off and see if you experience sides to start the adex. Its up to you though, I prefer to run one from the start. Maybe start at .25eod with the provirion.

My last cycle was a 600MG Test E cycle and I was running Adex every day ( sometimes I would run every other day if I forgot) and I ran into gyno issues on cycle. Could have been bad Adex I suppose but I couldn't figure out why. I still have some puff in my left nipple about 8 months later.

Rookie
    very good read, cant wait to try aromasin

Thread Information