Anabolic steroids, bodybuilding discussion forums. - Steroidology

rui products

(Forum for members to discuss the use of anabolic steroids)

beta blockers before injecting?
    what do you guys think about taking beta blockers or other anti-anxiety remedies before shooting to reduce nervousness? i dont mind the physical act of shooting, but my mind gets going and can get me worked up while im doing it and i cant slow it down. i think sometimes the adrenaline that comes with shooting could possibly lead me to skip a step or something someday.

Dude, maybe you should rethink steroids. Is this your first cycle? Not trying to be mean but this is an odd question.

take a very hot shower before doing it, its relaxing and it helps for the injection

thats what I did before my first injection because I was also very nervous, but after 4-5 times you get used to it

It would probably help to have a friend do the first few

Quote Originally Posted by cherigo18cdz View Post
    Dude, maybe you should rethink steroids. Is this your first cycle? Not trying to be mean but this is an odd question.
    ps - im not trying to be mean either i think you just misunderstood the question. it was solely about beta blockers.

No, you shouldn't take a beta-blocker. It just makes it worse because it furthers your over-thinking of it.

This is simple. Insert the pin into the muscle, aspirate by putting just a little bit of reverse pressure on the plunger (only a very slight amount) and then you inject. That's it.

And if you forget to aspirate, no big fucking deal. We've seen many thousands of guys on these boards and many of them forget to aspirate from time to time or just don't aspirate at all. And it has been fine.

Quote Originally Posted by GymLift View Post
    No, you shouldn't take a beta-blocker. It just makes it worse because it furthers your over-thinking of it.
    touche sir.

Ian512
    Quote Originally Posted by GymLift View Post

This is simple. Insert the pin into the muscle, aspirate by putting just a little bit of reverse pressure on the plunger (only a very slight amount) and then you inject. That's it.

And if you forget to aspirate, no big fucking deal. We've seen many thousands of guys on these boards and many of them forget to aspirate from time to time or just don't aspirate at all. And it has been fine.
    What does aspirating do?

Administrator
    Site Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian512 View Post
    What does aspirating do?
    It ensures that you are not injecting into a vein or artery.
    Stone Cold..............................Never Too Old

Disclaimer: Steroidology.com does not promote the use of anabolic steroids without a doctor's prescription. The information we share is for entertainment purposes only.

I have to agree. I don't think steroids are for you detone. No offense.

Beta-blockers should not be used for temporary BP issues. Dear lord.

Ian512
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneColdNTO View Post
    It ensures that you are not injecting into a vein or artery.

Like more specificaly. You check by pulling backwards a little bit on the syringe?

On the plunger of the syringe. When you do so, if blood from your body goes into the syringe, you're in a vein. Do not inject. Withdraw needle and try again. If a little air bubble comes up, your good to go.

Its not an odd question, I was also very excited during my first injections.. my hand was shaking a little and after my very first injection I was like short of breath..

And you know what, I work in biomedical research so I do injections on animals/humans every day, but doing it to yourself makes everybody nervous the first time

Quote Originally Posted by Perfection Awaits View Post
    I have to agree. I don't think steroids are for you detone. No offense.

Beta-blockers should not be used for temporary BP issues. Dear lord.
    detone01 has a pretty good understanding of diet

asking for anti-anxiety advice does not make someone ill suited for steroids imo

thanks ferrari and g1234 for the backup, and just fyi, im on my fourth cycle and have given myself over the past few years at least 100 shots, (most from winstrol and test prop), im fine with shooting and steroids. i just didnt know anything about beta blockers so i thought the best way to change that was to ask a question. thanks for everybody's input.

Quote Originally Posted by detone01 View Post
    what do you guys think about taking beta blockers or other anti-anxiety remedies before shooting to reduce nervousness? i dont mind the physical act of shooting, but my mind gets going and can get me worked up while im doing it and i cant slow it down. i think sometimes the adrenaline that comes with shooting could possibly lead me to skip a step or something someday.
    Quote Originally Posted by detone01 View Post
    thanks ferrari and g1234 for the backup, and just fyi, im on my fourth cycle and have given myself over the past few years at least 100 shots, (most from winstrol and test prop), im fine with shooting and steroids. i just didnt know anything about beta blockers so i thought the best way to change that was to ask a question. thanks for everybody's input.
    The question didn't read like that to me. It seemed like you actually wanted to do it, not just learn about beta-blockers. I just thought going straight to beta-blockers was kind of overkill.

I just thought that someone who is considering beta-blockers because they can't handle the anxiety of a shot should reconsider the emotional roller coaster some steroids and post cycle therapy (pct) can cause.

I also will use the analogy of the medical protocol considering IV fluids. Most hospitals require a local anesthetic prior to IV administration. This for pain control for patients who can't handle the pain. The anesthetic hurts more than the actual IV stick. An "ounce of prevention being worth a pound of cure" is not applicable in this case or the beta-blocker scenario.

Anyway, I guess I just read your question wrong. Have a good cycle.

An "ounce of prevention being worth a pound of cure" is not applicable in this case or the beta-blocker scenario.
    Anyway, I guess I just read your question wrong. Have a good cycle.
    thats a very good point, thanks man, i appreciate it.

Thread Information