Anabolic steroids, bodybuilding discussion forums. - Steroidology

(Forum for members to discuss the use of anabolic steroids)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rookie
    steroids post kidney transplant.
    I had a kidney transplant 2 years ago, all is fine. I am considering doing a small course. Sounds crazy i know, but i am addicted to gear. Has anyone done it or know of someone. Any comments are appreciated. I just love training and yes love gear. Thought maybe even just stan or a couple ml of test. Cheers.

ummmm

Think your funny huh?
    "I'm addicted to gear and I had a transplant"

Read post down below
    Last edited by Andru1313; 11-18-2008 at 12:16 PM. Reason: for being a dbag

Quote Originally Posted by Andru1313 View Post
    Wow. I smell the bant stick.
    Why? So he can do something stupid and hurt himself?

I have one kidney and I am fine so far 5 weeks into my first cycle (cyp/deca). It's not the same deal, but I figured I'd tell you anyway. It was a big concern for me, but I'm not really worried anymore. Your situation is a little different, and I would probably be a little weary of the added stress of gear. I definitely wouldn't use an oral. I don't think using test would kill you, but I still would be cautious. I'm interested to see what some of the vets have to say.

Rookie
    What the fuck is the bant stick? I love it when guys are smart arses over a big distance, you have no idea who i am. It was a legitamate question. Partying, recreational drugs, diuretics, and i reckon even ephidrene contributed to a heart attack, then causing kidney failure. Yes gear was in the mix too. These days no drugs, no alcahol, no partying perfect diet. I just want to get some size back again. Everybody knows what i mean there!! Cheers fluxx. I agree on the oral and wasnt go mad maybe a ml of test a ml of anabolic for 10 weeks. Since this is a public forum i thought id get some knowledgeable oppinions. So Smart pricks dont bother. A little respect.

I thought it was a perfectly legitimate question. To be honest, I've had a major problem with drinking and rec drugs for a long time. A lot of people would have been against me using gear if they had known that, but truth is, gear keeps me off that sort of shit.

Olympian Bodybuilder
    here is my advice. ask your doctor. your MD will not judge you, i promise. Everything you tell him/her is confidential and while the MD may not agree, they will not lie to you to bend the truth (well, they shouldn't).

keep me updated via PM if you could bro, I am very interested on how this plays out.

I think it's important who you ask. I asked a walk in clinic doc what he thought about creatine, and he started going off about how it wasn't good. lol

Olympian Bodybuilder
    well, aside from asking your doctor, i guess i should give my opinion.

I would not recommend it, even for you phluxx. This has nothing to do with me being a smart ass or thinking your a newbie or whatever, this is just my honest, somewhat educated opinion. Here is my reasoning.

AAS cause hypertension. This is no myth, I have numerous posts on this subject as well as StoneColdNTO among others. If this does not suffice, a quick Google search will turn up enough to keep you occupied for days. So how does hypertension relate to the kidney?

Well, you have numerous hepatic veins and arteries which are completely, 100% essential to the function of the kidney. Hypertension causes damage to the vessels and filters in the kidney, thus making removal of toxic waste from the body difficult. As a matter of fact, one of the most important steps in preventing kidney disease is regulating blood pressure.

I hope this helps and I hope both of you make smart decisions. In summation, my advice would be to take the money you were about to spend on AAS, and use that for a nutritionist or trainer. There is no shame in paying for help. I powerlifted collegiality, I know a decent amount about lifting but I still use a trainer sporadically to monitor the minute things and keep me motivated and growing.

Yeah, I already knew that going into it, grafix. I'm obviously going to be cautious about it, but I've made my decision. I may have one kidney, but I'm still your typical male. It isn't a problem until I'm laying in a hospital bed, haha.

Novice
    Good advice graffix...
    I hope it all works out for you shark

Rookie
    Cheers boys. The thing is im a bit like phluxx, i like being different , i like being bigger, i love the feeling of training on gear, You just do not get the same results or pump even naturally. Its addictive! And i guess i wont regret it till im in hospital. I will give it some more thought. Dont agree on the doctor thing though guys. The doctors in Australia are a different kettle of fish. My doctors anti protein powder would you believe. Il keep ya posted and hopefully get some more comments posted. Thanks for your time.

Sorry Shark I thought you were effing around. No disrespect. I am not sure I would risk the damage. How far have you takin your body training wise? Have you hit the weights really hard and up'ed you calories in a big way? That being said I am no DR but I do know that when I up my protein I pee like a race horse so I know I work my kidneys by the extra protein..

I would probably find a Dr the deals with athletes. One that understands and will give you sound advice not OMG you want to take gear advice. And if you do push gear I would probably have blood drawn and get checked out often.

Again no disrespect from my prior post. Good luck

Ok , let's get one thing straight. Even if you were right in front of my face I would tell you the same thing. There have been alot of smart asses who come on here asking smart ass questions and 2 posts later they are banned. I apologize because I really thought you were one of them. Because seriously....if steroids , drugs whatever caused it , you sure as hell don't want to do it all over again. I think if you have liver or kidney issues , you shouldn't be messin with gear. Show me a doctors note saying he said it was a good idea to take steroids. Get my point?? I mean a fool is born every minute. Bro , don't be a fool. But if your going to ignore grafixLSU's advice....I want to be kept up to date also. Seriously , Good Luck
    Peace Oz

Rookie
    Its funny i know if it was me talking to someone else id be saying dont do it. The thing is im a hard gainer, been training for 14 years. Shit genetics but done the best with what i got. When i got sick i lost the lot. I dont blame the gear for what happened to me, but hey i know it didnt help. I train my arse off, eat every three hours, and well guys i guess its my way of life. Mt whole lifestyle evolves around training. I appreciate your comments, and im still thinking about it. I guess my argument is its what i love and worth the risk. (Not necessarily smart though i know).

Steroids are just like any other medication and if you arent drinking and doing recs I dont see how a light 8 wk cycle of a high anabolic low androgen would hurt you.

Keep us posted.

gator

Rookie
    Cheers guys, il keep you posted.

jonk430
    great advice.........

Quote Originally Posted by grafixLSUalum View Post
    here is my advice. ask your doctor. your MD will not judge you, i promise. Everything you tell him/her is confidential and while the MD may not agree, they will not lie to you to bend the truth (well, they shouldn't).

keep me updated via PM if you could bro, I am very interested on how this plays out.

Rookie
    Not sure you meant to post this here because it makes no sense at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by grafixLSUalum View Post
    AAS cause hypertension.
    I would say that AAS has a hypertensive effect. The effect can vary. In my opinion, blood pressure should always be monitored and if it is too high, then there are 100 meds to control it and it needs to be controlled.

Rookie
    I agree with that Mranak entirely. I have bought a blood pressure monitor ans have three different types of b/p meds. I have an imvs down the road where i can have regular blood tests. I will monitor my b/p morning and night. I am going to take 1 ml of sus 250 and 2ml of drive a week. I will post my results weekly if anyones interested and will be ultra careful. Thanks for the advice.

Rookie
    Kidney transplant and AASs
    Quote Originally Posted by shark06 View Post
    I had a kidney transplant 2 years ago, all is fine. I am considering doing a small course. Sounds crazy i know, but i am addicted to gear. Has anyone done it or know of someone. Any comments are appreciated. I just love training and yes love gear. Thought maybe even just stan or a couple ml of test. Cheers.
    I have been lifting on/off for 30yrs, literally on and off because of medical condition on top of have a kidney transplant 20yrs ago. My body is getting burnt out due to all my hospitalizations so I decided to try orals to give me boost and went through 2 cycles with no problems to liver or my transplanted kidney. It gave me that umph that I had been lacking for a few years now. It was so bad that although I can't work and basically do nothing else, just to workout for 30-40mins. was a real task but knew my 100% effort was really 50% since was so tired but with my cycles now at least the workout I do I'm getting the gains because the energy level is better at least for the time I lift. As long as you have blood pressure controlled somewhat for a few month cycle you should be ok or even if you have high pressure it's ok as long as it's not for months at a time. My cycle is only 6 weeks on orals and my blood pressure is up for a few weeks then lowers after the cycle ends. Your creatinine will go up but will also lower after cycle ends. Watch salt intake more diligently when on cycle. Then after cycle still watch salt intake and drink lots of water to help flush your kidney/system that will bring your creatinine down to a acceptable normal value.
    Last words are use'em don't abuse'em and they can help with no complications.
    Last edited by DGDC; 08-30-2012 at 10:55 AM. Reason: add

Rookie
    My blood pressure was 160/96 on the highside and the low side was 137/85 for 5-6 weeks of the cycle, after cycle a week out BP went to a normal 120/80 give or take 5 points and creatinine of 1.3 and this great for a 20yo kidney transplant. So in my case no long lasting affect from AAS.

Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by DGDC View Post
    My blood pressure was 160/96 on the highside and the low side was 137/85 for 5-6 weeks of the cycle, after cycle a week out BP went to a normal 120/80 give or take 5 points and creatinine of 1.3 and this great for a 20yo kidney transplant. So in my case no long lasting affect from AAS.
    Thats good to hear, sorry about the transplant but I'm glad your alright.

I would consult with a doctor before hand

uniquemicals
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Thread Information