Anabolic steroids, bodybuilding discussion forums. - Steroidology

rui products

(Forum for members to discuss the use of anabolic steroids)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Low Test Results - Self admin HRT Question
    Hello,
    It has been a few years since I touched anything and when it was it was only 8 weeks of Sus 250 - in low dosages. I did some oxodrol 12 prohormone about a year ago but that is about it. Any other cycles wer over 15 years ago and were light stacks totalling three or four times in total. My blood test revealed test level of 149 (normal range 240-827)and free test of 3.3 (normal range 1-2.7). My doc gave me androgel 1% and it will cost me 265 a month for 6 months. My question is - My medical plan turned down the scrip so I paid cash. With the cost of this would a self admin injectable be better for me. Test E or Test Cyp? Dosage? I really just want to be in a normal or high range. 40 years old 190 lbs. I also had to have gyno removed - a while back - so I may be prone to getting it again - it was either from the sus250 or old cycles and I never noticed it. Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

265 x 6 = a lotta gear

I agree. At over 3,000.00 a year this would sure bite. I'd rather take a vaca to Mexico with the $2000 and get $1000 of my own meds to fix the issue. I am unsure if it would be wise to low dose test FOREVER - androgel or injectable. Who feels like rubbing gel on their shoulders and being unsure how much is being absorbed. Anyone that can help it'd be appreciated.

Figured I better correct that before someone does that for me -- When I say low dose forever I meant to keep normal levels not high level as required for a proper cycle. It is going to be tough not to want to up the levels but all I want is - normal levels for now - with or without supplementation. But with levles of 149 everything suks - no drive, depression, ... I feel like a chick on her period -

anyone? can anyone advise?
    please give me an opinion or something.

I already did man. Go buy your own shit. That is a no brainer for me. If you have to be on HRT anyway, you might as well be doing it yourself at dosages you want to be doing. Not to mention the cost is much much lower than the doc prescribed setup.

estray
    Quote Originally Posted by King-kong View Post
    I agree. At over 3,000.00 a year this would sure bite. I'd rather take a vaca to Mexico with the $2000 and get $1000 of my own meds to fix the issue. I am unsure if it would be wise to low dose test FOREVER - androgel or injectable. Who feels like rubbing gel on their shoulders and being unsure how much is being absorbed. Anyone that can help it'd be appreciated.

TRT is forever. Your test levels arent likely to return at your age so you might as well be comitted to this. I say go self administered. You can still use your insurance to get your bloodwork done, most will allow 2x per year.

Quote Originally Posted by estray View Post
    TRT is forever. Your test levels arent likely to return at your age so you might as well be comitted to this. I say go self administered. You can still use your insurance to get your bloodwork done, most will allow 2x per year.
    exactly..

We have a testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) section. Your thread may get more attention there.

how old are you bro?

40 y.o.
    What dosage of test may be equivalent to androgel 1%. Would test e or cyp be recommended. I would assume either one would be okay. Unfortunately, being 40 and out of the loop a bit a trip to Mexico will have to be scheduled. If I go on long term would post cycle therapy (pct) be needed or just take anti estrogens from time to time? I apologize for not posting in the proper location. Didn't even know there was a HRT section.

the thing is that if you decide to go on HRT. the longer you stay on the less and less of an option you have of stopping and going on post cycle therapy (pct). HRT is designed to be for the rest of your life.

Since you are already on androgel you could drop that and do on test enanthate or test cypionate and inject 125mg every week. really the dose is up to you. but a standard hrt does is around 125mg a week.

Poke around in the hrt forum im sure you can get some help there

I wonder if most insurances cover TRT. It might just be cheaper to go through a source , I mean shooting 125mg ew out of a 10ml bottle would last12-15 wks approx. I guess if you have to go to the doc 1 ew that could add up , or do they let you self administer the shot

estray
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy27 View Post
    I wonder if most insurances cover TRT. It might just be cheaper to go through a source , I mean shooting 125mg ew out of a 10ml bottle would last12-15 wks approx. I guess if you have to go to the doc 1 ew that could add up , or do they let you self administer the shot
    Alot of them do. imagine $5 copay for a 10ml vial of Human Grade Test.

Ahhhhhhh.

lol the cost of 12-15 weeks of test from ONE 10ml vial, compared to what the androgel would cost him is insane. So much cheaper.

When you're on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT), and you want to cycle, do you just up the shit out of your test, add whatever else, then in 3 months drop back down to like 125mgs? Would the testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) desensitize you? Also, could you run longer cycles/permanent cycle because you don't really give a shit about your junk?

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy27 View Post
    10ml vial of Test 250 would actually last 20 weeks @ 125mg/wk

Technically it would, but what about the gear you lose pushing air out of the syringe? I always draw 25mg more.

I guess that answers that. I wish I knew who I knew years back. I am still waiting to hear from my insurance to see if they will cover the gel. At this point I dont even care if they cover it. The ease of 1x week injection is better than smearing gel on your arms and shoulders every day and wondering if any is even soaking into my bloodstream. Looks like a vacation to Mexico might be inevitable. I think replacing with 125mg a week would = the gel prescribed. I would just have to stay disciplined and not go higher unless planned out with a good post cycle therapy (pct). Id imagine that at 125mg if my levels got to be normal - no post cycle therapy (pct) (actually during) would be necessary. I scared to death of gyno. Had it once.

You might want to consider becoming more of a part of the communities around here, and research a little. With a little poking around you'll be able to find a source so you don't have to go to Mexico to get your shit..

If insurance doesn't cover the Androgel then call them up and ask why.

If they simply refuse to make an exception for the Androgel then ask your physician to prescribe you 10mL bottles of 200mg/mL testosterone cypionate. Hopefully insurance will cover that but even if it doesn't, that vial will cost less than $100 and last you for probably 20 weeks.

Another option is Testim, which is basically Androgel + emollient but cheaper.

I got the letter today from insurance
    I got a letter that said that I did not meet the criteria and basically their criteria is 2 blood tests (I only had one) and at least one test must have the free range below the scale. I am on my 2nd week or so of Androgel and if I get the second test for them what would be the results. I tried to call Palm Beach Life Extension today but got a wierd vibe - I am going to poke around to see what else I can do. Maybe a call to my doc will get the injectable. I hear that some people use two pkgs of androgel - I can barely stand putting one on every morning.

I priced Testim and it is still over $250 a month. The worst part is everyones absorption is different and the last thing I feel like doing is going 6 months (1500.00+) until my next blood test and finding out the stuff aint working.

Milkdascow,
    I do not know if they will let me self administer. I hope so. My fear is that they would expect me to go XXXcc every 10 days. From what I hear going 10 days will set me on an up down cycle. I would prefer to go every 7 days at home somewhat like described by Phluxx - 125 or 150 cc regularly and if desired cycle up and down from that base level. Being 40 I dont know if my junk will come back anyway. Thanks everyone.

You could always use hCG. Personally, I don't really give a fuck if my balls are non existent, just makes my dick look bigger. haha

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Thread Information