Anabolic steroids, bodybuilding discussion forums. - Steroidology

rui products

(Forum for members to discuss the use of anabolic steroids)

Help! Wife can't sleep, hormones are whack
    I haven't posted in quite some time but I needed to see if I could find some answers to my wife's current problem. First and foremost, she's 26, in great physical shape at 5'10", 136lbs, and just finished a light cycle of Anavar @ 10mg/day. She had good gains of about 8 solid pounds, and since stopping the Anavar (var), she's maintained it. She stopped about 2 weeks ago. She's had problems in the past with migraines, and had sleeping issues, but this time it takes the cake.

Her doctor prescribed her the Nuvo ring as a form of birth control about 2 months ago, and she finally had to cease taking it because it triggered her migraines again. In the past, all the birth control she ever took always gave her severe lock yourself in the closet migraines, and it just wasn't worth dealing with the pain and suffering for her, so she stopped using it.

So, her problem is this:

She cannot sleep at all!!! Her OBGYN prescribed her Ambien, and she would sleep until about 3:30 and wake up and couldn't go back to sleep. So they gave her Ambien CR, which is the controlled release and the same problem: sleep to 3:30 to 4am and couldn't go back to sleep. She tosses and turns all night long and it makes it so difficult for her to get a good nights sleep. So then her doc says to up to 2 of the Ambiens and see how that works. NOTHING. Same thing, sleeps til 4:00 this morning.

She's been having panic attacks and bad anxiety lately too, plus she's itching all over and I'm thinking it has to be from the lack of sleep problem. The lack of sleep has been going on for about 1 1/2 weeks and it's about to drive her to the mental ward.

Do you guys/girls know of anything that we can do to help this problem? I just can't imagine that a low dosage of 10mg of Anavar could cause her to have post cycle therapy (pct) issues, but if that's the case, what can she take to help?

I have clomid, AIFM, on hand, but no Nolvadex.

I will do whatever I need to do to help my wife sleep, so suggestions and opinions are welcome!

Thanks and if you need more info, just ask. Thanks so much for the help. I just want her to start sleeping again.

Gotta be the change in hormones from both the Var + the Nuvo ring, don't you think???

Help! Wife's hormones are whack...can't sleep...
    I haven't posted in quite some time but I needed to see if I could find some answers to my wife's current problem. First and foremost, she's 26, in great physical shape at 5'10", 136lbs, and just finished a light cycle of Anavar @ 10mg/day. She had good gains of about 8 solid pounds, and since stopping the Anavar (var), she's maintained it. She stopped about 2 weeks ago. She's had problems in the past with migraines, and had sleeping issues, but this time it takes the cake.

Her doctor prescribed her the Nuvo ring as a form of birth control about 2 months ago, and she finally had to cease taking it because it triggered her migraines again. In the past, all the birth control she ever took always gave her severe lock yourself in the closet migraines, and it just wasn't worth dealing with the pain and suffering for her, so she stopped using it.

So, her problem is this:

She cannot sleep at all!!! Her OBGYN prescribed her Ambien, and she would sleep until about 3:30 and wake up and couldn't go back to sleep. So they gave her Ambien CR, which is the controlled release and the same problem: sleep to 3:30 to 4am and couldn't go back to sleep. She tosses and turns all night long and it makes it so difficult for her to get a good nights sleep. So then her doc says to up to 2 of the Ambiens and see how that works. NOTHING. Same thing, sleeps til 4:00 this morning.

She's been having panic attacks and bad anxiety lately too, plus she's itching all over and I'm thinking it has to be from the lack of sleep problem. The lack of sleep has been going on for about 1 1/2 weeks and it's about to drive her to the mental ward.

Do you guys/girls know of anything that we can do to help this problem? I just can't imagine that a low dosage of 10mg of Anavar could cause her to have post cycle therapy (pct) issues, but if that's the case, what can she take to help?

I have Clomid, AIFM, on hand, but no Nolvadex.

I will do whatever I need to do to help my wife sleep, so suggestions and opinions are welcome!

Thanks and if you need more info, just ask. Thanks so much for the help. I just want her to start sleeping again.

Gotta be the change in hormones from both the Var + the Nuvo ring, don't you think???

Quote Originally Posted by RichGenetics
    plus she's itching all over
    This could be the weather. There is less moisture in the air.

Anyway, absolutely do not try to fix this problem with make post cycle therapy (pct) drugs or estrogen-related meds. If her problem IS hormonal, then all of that stuff will just make things worse.

There are a number of things to try regarding sleep. Melatonin is popular with many. How much cardio is she doing? What time is she going to bed? Does she have a lot of stress? If she's stressing about the lack of sleep, then that might be making things worse.

Rookie
    Coming from a physician... it could be a form of depression/anxiety from withdraws of the hormones. I would suggest her doctor prescribing her Lexapro. Until she can get a balanced hormone level.

I am on cycle and having the same problems, waking up alot ans cant sleep, the Doc gave me Tamazepam, (Restoril), stuff taken with two Dipthehydramine, puts me out like a light, and I am currently in Afghanistan living with 7 other guys in a hut, so theres alot of ambient noise and movement, I would say give that a shot...

She's got some stress from family issues for sure. I think that could be a lot to do with it. The meletonin would help I think. She's taken that before, and I've totally forgotten about it.

She had a baby 19 months ago, got post pardum depression, and then had to take anti-depressants to help. It helped and she stopped taking them a long time ago because they kept making her lose weight.

She will probably be skeptical about taking Lexapro, but I think it could possibly help her.

Somethings got to give, this is just horrible.

estray
    Has she talked to her doctor and got bloodwork done?

She's talked to her OBGYN, but no bloodwork done yet.

There's no way she could tell him about her Var she took though.

I feel for you bro because I've been going through a VERY similar situation w/my girl... even down to the Nuvaring and sleep issues, etc. Although I'd never let her take Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) but that's neither here nor there. Sounds like it could be something more or symptoms to an underlying problem. I don't THINK it's the var that caused it but it most definetly could be a trigger, so to speak. I think a better work up should be in order (i.e. blood tests, cbc, thyroid, ANA, etc.). It brought alot of things to light in my girls situation. Their finally narrowing in a diagnosis and treatment.
    Ambien is known for putting you out and then you awake throughout the night. Sounds like the sleeping part might be a depressed/Anxiety situation in which case Wellbutrin XL seems to work great for.

Rookie
    RG ever heard the saying "trust me Im a doctor". Well Im telling you Lexapro is really good for anxiety/antidepressant. This is her problem.

Community Veteran
    Long-time Mod on Elite

So, her problem is this:

I have Clomid, AIFM, on hand, but no Nolvadex.

Pseven may help. progestins can significantly alter pregenolone levels and metabolism.

it is anxiolytic and should help her sleep.

unfortunately there is not a lot of research on the particular progestin in Nuvaring with respect to impacts on pregnenolone and pregnenolone metabolism, so cant say for certain that it will completely "fix" the issue, but it definitely should

Community Veteran
    Long-time Mod on Elite

blood tests are a good idea. A full hormone panel as well as cortisol testing can be quite revealing. However, would say that nuvaring is most likely the primary causative factor here.

Straight Up Gangster ! Die$eL~Man's Avatar
    She's got some stress from family issues for sure. I think that could be a lot to do with it. The meletonin would help I think. She's taken that before, and I've totally forgotten about it.

She had a baby 19 months ago, got post pardum depression, and then had to take anti-depressants to help. It helped and she stopped taking them a long time ago because they kept making her lose weight.

She will probably be skeptical about taking Lexapro, but I think it could possibly help her.

Somethings got to give, this is just horrible.
    why cant she mention the Var ? I would be as honest as possible.. if he misdiagnoses thats even worse than the origional problem... Always be honest w/ your doc !

The itching thing is what is got me thinking. I have a very close female freind of mine that started out with the same types of problems that your wife seems to be experiencing. Later to find out through a multitude of test that she has Hodgkins disease. Itching all over is one of the primary symptoms along with restlessness and night sweats.

She should probably go to an endocrinologist and get checked out.

Good luck

Wait, you're supposed to trust doctors? lol

She's on Lexapro as of today. 20mg/ED.

I have pSeven Macro. I'm going to rub some on her tonight and we'll see how she sleeps. Wow, that sounds kinda kinky eh?

I honestly think the itching is the weather too because she's taken a benedryl for the past 2 days, and it's helped. She could be allergic to me, who knows.

The Nuvoring has been out since Sunday, so I think we're making progress.

I'm going to skip the "let's tell my doctor I've taken Anavar" step....he's old, knows her family, and it wouldn't be a smart idea. I mean heck, they wouldn't even prescribe her Klonopin for her anxiety and Klonopin is a weak anxiety med. Well, it's for seizure patients, but I take it to sleep. Works wonders for me, but my point being is that her doc is old and traditional, and it wouldn't be good to bring the Var up in discussion.

You guys are awesome. Thanks for the help.

Community Veteran
    Long-time Mod on Elite

benadryl is an H2 antagonist (it causes lethargy and sleepyness).

did not realize that nuva had been removed so recently, its very likely that her natural pregnenolone and progesterone levels are suppressed/altered still. That effect should dissipate within a week or so (it probably already has to an extent)

if she has dry skin, more fatty acids (of all types- though with emphasis on omega 3) and increase water and potassium intake)

Hey Rich..
    I feel ya!! I have been going through the same shit with my mother these past 2 months!! only she is 62.. was prescribed ambien and ambien cr.. they do work for her.. knock her out but when she doesn't take them, she gets no sleep..

at 62, my mom's melatonin production and gh are nil.. your wife's however should be working you may want to get her levels tested.. also how are her seratonin levels?
    One of the leading causes to interrupted sleep is STRESS!!! how is your wife handling her stress and anxiety?? from what you wrote, it seems like they may be the culprit!! try some yoga Also, YES the combination of the nova & var could be doing it as i am sure her hormones are NOT balanced right now... My best friend is on the ring and it took her body about 3 months will a shitload of problems until her body finally adjusted and even now, 1 yr later, if she leaves it in too long, she gets a month of problems... so hormone manipulation is a BITCH!!!

ok so here are some solutions that my mom has been trying and seem to help.. not a cure but are helping.. maybe in time it will be a cure..

1) a sound machine with consistent white noise.. when we are sleeping in dead silence, any noise can break our sleep thus causing rewaking throughout the night.. a consistent noise with 0 inflection can help keep us in a state of consistent sleep
    2) melatonin
    3) seratonin (5htp, st. johns wart)
    4) 1 hour prior to sleeping, she needs to start relaxing! active relaxing! That means no stress...
    5) an orgasm a day brings sleep right away shit, always knocks me out lol..

also something to consider... what stimulants is she taking: caffeine, fat burners, B vitamins! My mother actually had to stop taking vitamins with B in them as she was getting restless leg and the B was making her too anxious..

well.. i hope this has helped get you started and put some ideas in your head! Good luck!!
    luv supes

Just an update: She got back to normal a couple weeks after I posted. I think the Var just messed her up, along with that stupid Nuvo ring she had for birth control and it was just a mess.

Thanks for the help

Community Veteran
    Long-time Mod on Elite

progestins can be quite evil. There have been accusation made, primarily in the african american community, that norplant was encouraged because it acted almost like chemical castration in women (black women in particular saw many severe negative effects).

Quote Originally Posted by macro
    progestins can be quite evil. There have been accusation made, primarily in the african american community, that norplant was encouraged because it acted almost like chemical castration in women (black women in particular saw many severe negative effects).
    Meaning that the combo of both the Nuvo ring and the Anavar could have been the problem? I'm beginning to think the Anavar wasn't the problem, but it was the Nuvo ring all together.

She wants to take another cycle of "something" soon, whether it be another Anavar cycle or possibly adding Winstrol instead.

Any suggestions?

Olympian Bodybuilder Miss Muscle's Avatar
    Meaning that the combo of both the Nuvo ring and the Anavar could have been the problem? Yes. Although you can't be for sure which one.

I'm beginning to think the Anavar wasn't the problem, but it was the Nuvo ring all together. Hard to tell but I would think so also if I had to choose between the two.

She wants to take another cycle of "something" soon, whether it be another Anavar cycle or possibly adding Winstrol instead. I highly suggest only anavar.....especially if she liked the results. I think Winstrol AND Anavar is too much and too risky for a lady. And anavar is much better and safer than winstrol. Winstrol can cause some nasty side effects.

Any suggestions?
    See my response above. But once again.....stick with anavar and scrap the winstrol.

NOTE.......take into consideration what your lady wants to accomplish.....anavar may be more preferable than winstrol or vice versa depending on what she is hoping for.

Thread Information