Anabolic steroids, bodybuilding discussion forums. - Steroidology

rui products

(Forum for members to discuss the use of anabolic steroids)

lil g
    Those Who Had Shoulder injuries
    Well i have a question for all of you with shoulder injuries. My left shoulder keeps on coming out this is the 3rd time. It all happend in a fight in february they were holding my arm down while i was trying to free it and i guess i tore something while doing that.... tonight i was swimming fast and it came out it took me a while to put it back in place. well my question is.... if i get surgery.... how long do i have to take off for recovery until i can get back in the gym? im scared about that well anyways in a couple of days my shoulder will be fine and i will be able to lift again (about a week from today) it just feels bruised up and uncomfortable right now anyways thanks for your time guys.

djs
    It is completely dependent upon what is actually goin on inside.

But look at it this way.....If yu have to spend a month or so completely away from any upper body work after surgery (remembering you can still do legs/cardio, etc) then maybe 6 months getting back into a routine to get back to where you were.. Is that not much better than having your training hampered every few weeks when it pops out and sets you back a week or two every time?

I would go and see a Dr. have it fixed, even if it takes a year to get back to 100% in the bigger picture you are still far ahead.

DS

Yea I would reccommend surgery if necessary, 1 to 3 possibly up to 6 months of recovering, is way better than possibly the rest of your life waiting and wondering if its gonna pop again, and going through the pain.
    In the mean time I would work my legs as much as possible, your upper body will catch up.

Novice
    Get a second opinion. I screwed up my left shoulder lifting. Went to two doctors and almost went into surgery. That was until I read about Prolotherapy. Found a doc and 4 shots and two months later I was back in the gym. That was after a 1 and 1/2 year lay off from the gym!! If only I knew then ....

Now my other shoulder is in pain and going to do the prolo again! Do a search on prolothreapy!

Are u talking dislocation?

i had my rotator cuff repaired and shoulder cleaned up this past sept 11. i was back in lifting by november.

make sure you get a second opinion. surgery is no joke. my shoulder is still not the same and will never be.

jeez.u gotta baby it for awhile after the injury. I dislocated my right shoulder about three years ago.Most painfull thing i have ever felt.Lots of therapy to heal it and it still hurt and pops on humid days.....Once u pop it out its weak and will keep popping out.Number three is the charm.Wrap a muscle around it to keep it in...Goddam that hurts...

Axe
    Novice
    Originally posted by house1
    i had my rotator cuff repaired and shoulder cleaned up this past sept 11. i was back in lifting by november.

make sure you get a second opinion. surgery is no joke. my shoulder is still not the same and will never be.

Great advice! Surgery is no joke and should be used as a last resort. Go to a PT and get on a program to rehab and strengthen it. Hopefully you will be able to avoid the surgery

Whoa, that isn't something to screw around with but yes, surgery is last resort. Have to big tears in left cuff, MRI showed damage and was set for surgery. Different ortho (always check with an ortho/sports doc) gave me great strengthening exercises, which have really staved off pain and further injury.

Axe
    Novice
    Originally posted by 'tensity
    Whoa, that isn't something to screw around with but yes, surgery is last resort. Have to big tears in left cuff, MRI showed damage and was set for surgery. Different ortho (always check with an ortho/sports doc) gave me great strengthening exercises, which have really staved off pain and further injury.
    Yep - I had an almost identical experience. However, I did a number on my knee and got it done...and it will NEVER be the same. Surgery sux!

It will never be the same anyway.Once its damged its dameged.Mine bugs me all the time.your pretty much fucked!!!!

my mom works for 7 sports doctors, and they always say if something is bothering you, or you pop out a shoulder in this case, its best to get a medical opinion than try and tough it out. it could be worse than you think, or it could be something small and some medicine and Physical Therapy will help.. whatever you do GET IT LOOKED AT ATLEAST.

uniquemicals
Thread Information