Anabolic steroids, bodybuilding discussion forums. - Steroidology

(Forum for members to discuss the use of anabolic steroids)

Strange question on my doctors question sheet.....
    I switched doctors about 10 months ago and I get blood work every 4-5 months if I have been cycling.
    I was filling out his questionaire and this question was on their that I have neveer seen on questionaire.....especially since he's nots Sports Medicine, he's a general practicioner.
    It asked "Have you ever taken Steroids?" Ive NEVER seen that. I told him I had but he didnt say much more about it and I meant to bring it up to him.
    Im just curious as to why all of the sudden that question pops up.

I would say that it is becoming more common as a result of the nightmarish politics of steroids. I have recently seen the same thing on a medical questionnaire.

Thoms
    It is likely that information could be used against you. I would never confirm it in writing.

Junior Bodybuilder
    well as far as i know anything that u fill out at the octors office or any tests that are done go into youre medical history which the goes on to your insurance, life insurance if u try to get one... if anything happens all that informations gets brought up. my 2 cents.

Thoms
    Quote Originally Posted by veper
    well as far as i know anything that u fill out at the octors office or any tests that are done go into youre medical history which the goes on to your insurance, life insurance if u try to get one... if anything happens all that informations gets brought up. my 2 cents.
    Exactly. It might affect your medical insurance.

just had my blood work done a couple wks ago and no questions asked at all. i've filled out my share but have never been asked that. i wouldn't worry 'bout it. jmo.

BIGFOOD

Quote Originally Posted by tbolfist
    That statement is ABSOLUTLY FALSE!! There is no way that anything can be held against you...
    100% incorrect...your insurance company can look at your medical records whenever they want and then bend you over in the future with anything you disclose in them. NEVER, EVER, EVER admit to a healthcare professional that you use Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) unless it's a life-threatening situation.

Quote Originally Posted by DocJ
    100% incorrect...your insurance company can look at your medical records whenever they want and then bend you over in the future with anything you disclose in them. NEVER, EVER, EVER admit to a healthcare professional that you use Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) unless it's a life-threatening situation.
    thats the facts fellas , like it or not .
    NOT ONLY IS STUPIDITY INCURABLE BUT ITS ALSO CONTAGIOUS OVER THE INTERNET.

VAR ONLY CYCLES ARE ONLY FOR PEOPLE WITH A VAGINA.

Amateur Bodybuilder

Yeah, I didn't admit to doing anything on my recent life insurance forms. I wouldn't ever admit to anything, no matter what you're doing...life insurance, doctors visits, ect.

I take xanax & klonopin for anxiety and sleeping issues, and I told the lab folks I wasn't taking anything.

They obviously didn't question me because it didn't show up in my blood work, and my policy price was the same as the quote.

Nice.

Better safe and not tell, than sorry when you do.

I work in healthcare with insurance companies in Louisiana have no right to a patients medical records. Thats all I do all day is deal with hospitals and patients insurance companies.
    In Louisiana a patient and his doctor have full and complete confidentiality.

Amateur Bodybuilder
    Quote Originally Posted by gator_mclusky
    I work in healthcare with insurance companies in Louisiana have no right to a patients medical records. Thats all I do all day is deal with hospitals and patients insurance companies.
    In Louisiana a patient and his doctor have full and complete confidentiality.
    Could be different in different states...I always thought there were doctor/patient privacy laws...

Who knows...I don't tell my Dr. shit...

Quote Originally Posted by tbolfist
    Also keep in mind under HIPPA, a patient can go back to their doctor and make them remove something from their medical records so if you tell them something you later regret, just get it changed.

Quote Originally Posted by DocJ
    Also keep in mind under HIPPA, a patient can go back to their doctor and make them remove something from their medical records so if you tell them something you later regret, just get it changed.
    will you be my doctor? no scripts. i can get those from a million docs and PAs i know. i just want a no bullshit doctor for once.

do what i do and talk to the doctor off the record about certain things

Novice
    I told my doctor that I didn't want to put him into an ethical bind but I would like these blood tests. He's a smart guy and knew why I wanted the test but he didn't ask me why I wanted them. So nothing went into my records. He's a good doc, I covered his ass so he covered mine.

Thread Information