Anabolic steroids, bodybuilding discussion forums. - Steroidology

(Forum for members to discuss the use of anabolic steroids)

Swollen Lymph nodes
    Just curious if anyone has had swollen lymph nodes as a result of gear. I can't say it is from the gear, but I'm not sick nor have I recently been sick. I found a marble sized ball behind my left ear. Isn't red and doesn't hurt. I'm on test and EQ. I had a theory that since EQ is suppose to increase the RBC count, perhaps the WBC's would increase to maintain homeostasis. So with the WBC increase, my body would think there is an infection when there really isn't. Just an idea.

Amateur Bodybuilder Megadeus1977's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jimdawg
    Just curious if anyone has had swollen lymph nodes as a result of gear. I can't say it is from the gear, but I'm not sick nor have I recently been sick. I found a marble sized ball behind my left ear. Isn't red and doesn't hurt. I'm on test and EQ. I had a theory that since EQ is suppose to increase the RBC count, perhaps the WBC's would increase to maintain homeostasis. So with the WBC increase, my body would think there is an infection when there really isn't. Just an idea.

I would get that checked out...

Quote Originally Posted by jimdawg
    Well, I confirm your theory is incorrect. I'll take myself as an example: RBC is above range, WBC is below range.

You have it on one side but not the other, I assume?

99% chance it is nothing. Give it a few months, see if the situation changes.

Can't rule out lymphoma, but if you go see the doc then they aren't going to do a biopsy at this time. They might go ahead and give you a good course of antibiotics, but even that may be premature.

But I'm not a medical professional. I've gone through this lymph node mess with my wife, however. Her symptoms were a good bit more indicative of cancer and she actually had a full surgical lymph node removal. The result? Everything was fine.

The lymph nodes are right past the upper neck muscle. I used to get swelling, but it was due to severe upper respratory sinus infection, and they would drain into the lympth node, cause them to feel like a bump on either side of my neck. Never both at the same time tho. They would give me Avelox (an antibiotic specific for upper respratory infection) 400mg a tab once a day for 7-10 days. Since i have been getting regular allergy shots for the last 6yrs or more i haven't had it happen recently. I do take benadryl once in the am and another at night. In the morning i will also take a prescription called Guaifen/PSE 600. It helps dry up the sinus and head congestion.
    Last edited by mick-g; 03-27-2007 at 09:59 PM.

I had my usual blood work done today, so I should hear back by the end of April if anything were to pop up on that. I had friend that had lymphoma and she has bad night sweats and lost weight.

Thread Information