Anabolic steroids, bodybuilding discussion forums. - Steroidology

(Forum for members to discuss the use of anabolic steroids)

Thread:

Finasteride

Novice
    Finasteride
    My buddy has been losing his hair from d-bol. He's currently on propecia and nizoral to reduce it. I hear Finasteride may be a better choice but I don't know anyone personally who has benefited from it. Has anyone used finasteride?

fin is propecia, dutisteride is better on paper

Quote Originally Posted by moranitotongano
    My buddy has been losing his hair from d-bol. He's currently on propecia and nizoral to reduce it. I hear Finasteride may be a better choice but I don't know anyone personally who has benefited from it. Has anyone used finasteride?
    I do not understand. You're buddy is already using finasteride in the form of Propecia. Perhaps you mean Proscar? Proscar is just 5mg finasteride, compared to 1mg Propecia. Or maybe you mean dutasteride?

Propecia will only help to combat hair loss resulting from testosterone, be it endogenous or exogenous. It will do nothing to help with other compounds such as dbol, anadrol, Winstrol (winny), etc.

The nizoral will help some, but as it's only a shampoo you can't expect a whole helluva lot. His best bet would be to use a topical anti-androgen such as spironolactone.

Finasteride does work in atleast halting or substantially slowing down further loss in 83% of users. I would not recommend finasteride unless you're willing to commit to it for atleast a year's time. There are very real side effects associated with finasteride, and IMO they affect more than the 2% claimed in the studies. Impotence and loss of libido are probably the most common.

Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by HeHateMe
    I do not understand. You're buddy is already using finasteride in the form of Propecia. Perhaps you mean Proscar? Proscar is just 5mg finasteride, compared to 1mg Propecia. Or maybe you mean dutasteride?

Propecia will only help to combat hair loss resulting from testosterone, be it endogenous or exogenous. It will do nothing to help with other compounds such as dbol, anadrol, Winstrol (winny), etc.

The nizoral will help some, but as it's only a shampoo you can't expect a whole helluva lot. His best bet would be to use a topical anti-androgen such as spironolactone.

Finasteride does work in atleast halting or substantially slowing down further loss in 83% of users. I would not recommend finasteride unless you're willing to commit to it for atleast a year's time. There are very real side effects associated with finasteride, and IMO they affect more than the 2% claimed in the studies. Impotence and loss of libido are probably the most common.
    My bad, I was under the impression that they were different. Thanks for the helpful info

Rookie
    propecia is best for hair loss treatment
    spam sucks , that is all .
    Last edited by DADAWG; 07-21-2008 at 02:47 PM.

spammers are weenies

Pro Bodybuilder
    I would definitely go for the dutasteride.

Quote Originally Posted by lifterjaydawg View Post
    I would definitely go for the dutasteride.
    Dutasteride has slowed my loss down to a trickle in the two plus years I've been on it.

uniquemicals
Thread Information