Anabolic steroids, bodybuilding discussion forums. - Steroidology

rui products

(Forum for members to discuss the use of anabolic steroids)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    rockape76
    Negative Effects Of Winstrol...
    Most people no im a fan of winstrol having used it in cycles with a fair amount of success in the past. Ive heard a lot of crap about winstrol on this board with a fair few guys reccomending it not be used due to its rapid effects on hdl /ldl and also its effects on liver enzyme values when used for long periods. Certain people seem to have singled winstrol out as being worse than other 17aa drugs.ive used fairly decent doses of the stuff 50mg ed for 8 weeks and up to 100mg ed for 4 weeks and ive run bloodwork.

heres my findings winstrol does have a marked effect on hdl/ldl in a negative
    way however as long as you keep the period of administration as short as possible preferably 4 weeks it returns to normal fairly quickly with mine personally recovering in just 4 weeks after discontinuation of use.
    Winstrol itself is no worse than other 17 aa steroids for its effects on hdl/ldl
    in fact for me personally dianabol taken at 50mg ed for 2 weeks had a far more rapid hdl/ldl shift and took longer to recover from with my figures only returning to baseline 6 weeks after discontinuation of use.

as for the liver enzyme results i get an initial jump in reading which settle back to baseline within 14 days and actual textbook liver stress was only seen on the 8 week cycle.It to also came back fairly rapidly after cycle.
    however it can not be reccomended that you run 17aa for extended periods or more than a few times a year.

it is my opinion that all cycles that utilise 17aa drugs be monitored under the close supervision of a medical proffesional.Id personally never run more than 2 cycles a year using 17aa drugs. The smarter ones out there will limit there use altogether as there negative effects on your health should not be ignored.

by comparison a 10 week test /deca cycle barely raised my values for cholesterol and it had zero effect on my liver enzymes..

If long term health is a concern for you you will limit the use of 17aa drugs in your cycles.
    Last edited by rockape76; 12-03-2006 at 04:47 AM. Reason: TITLE CHANGE

Make a positive change Ponderosa's Avatar
    Seems to harden my ligaments/tendons, making me more susceptible to injuries, particularly in my shoulders. This may be simply because I'm retarded; although my doctor friend confirmed that he'd read studies showing "steroids" can have this affect. That and loss of hair caused me to discontinue...

rockape76
    ive never suffered the aching joints,drying issues touted by some neither have any of my friends. im also not susceptible to hulkomania of the hair..
    Overall i think its one of the more well tolerated drugs with myself having sufferd no ill side effects other than the neg effect on cholesterol.
    I think it gets a bad rap in that regard when in my case dianabol was actually worse for my cholesterol ratio.

Community Veteran
    Long-time Mod on Elite

dry joints and tendons...

Your Girls Pay my Bills Warmachine's Avatar
    makes my hair fall out and kills my sex drive. makes me look awesome though...

If Winstrol (winny) does indeed play with SHBG as some say, then that could be a reason why it is "worse" than other 17aa on cholesterol values.

I remember someone coming to this board saying he heard how low the side effects were with winstrol (external not internal!) and he was using 50mg a day, upon getting his blood tested his HDL was 7. I have used plenty higher doses of other 17aa and never come close to that low HDL, and my total cholesterol was well under 200.
    He who overcomes others has force; He who overcomes himself is strong. Lao-tzu

winnie has been known to make a DAWG shed hair like crazy .
    NOT ONLY IS STUPIDITY INCURABLE BUT ITS ALSO CONTAGIOUS OVER THE INTERNET.

VAR ONLY CYCLES ARE ONLY FOR PEOPLE WITH A VAGINA.

Skarhead1
    Quote Originally Posted by macro
    dry joints and tendons...

yup on top of decimating the lipids... liver sides just dont scare me. My BW and my training partners blood work always came back good. Im sure the enzymes were elevated but the liver toxicity is such bullshit on 17AAS... so 4 weeks only I guess that would make it a contest drug only then.

Rookie
    I dont know of any injectable, besides maybe primo, that doesnt fuck with your cholesterol levels.

every steroid has its bad effects on soething ie:liver, kidneys, heart, cholesterol....etc

Why single out just winny?

Everyones go to steroid testosterone will raise blood pressure and mess up your cholesterol levels.

Quote Originally Posted by PhsycoBilly
    Why single out just winny?

Everyones go to steroid testosterone will raise blood pressure and mess up your cholesterol levels.
    Because if one were worse than all others dont you think people would notice? If a certain steroid is better or worse in certain aspects, people notice these things. Anadrol is better for strength and size than anavar, and people notice. People who responsibly get their blood work done, notice that winstrol has lasting effects that take longer to rebound from, generally speaking. People regularly use 10-20x or even more what would typically be prescribed to patients.

Skarhead1
    thers a lot of injectables that dont have much effect on chol levels for a good amount of people -- test/deca to name a cpl

Quote Originally Posted by rockape76

If long term health is a concern for you you will limit the use of 17aa drugs in your cycles.

Very intersting Rock. Thanks for sharing all of your findings. I think this is the most conclusive piece of information we can take from all this.

I'll just add my name to the list of folks who can't walk while on Winstrol (winny). It cripples me. I loved the results until week three when my joints started squeeking and puffin dust at every movement..making me feel like the tinman in wizard of oz.

rockape76
    Quote Originally Posted by LiftTillIDie
    Very intersting Rock. Thanks for sharing all of your findings. I think this is the most conclusive piece of information we can take from all this.
    i love orals nothing except maybe tren (imo) has there instant punch
    but they are harsh on the system and they have the most impact on cholesterol values. heart disease is a big killer and monitoring your use of these drugs is paramount. they can be used safely and effectivly if you are smart . However for rec users i think there use should be limited. I also wanted to point out that all orals have a neg effect on lipids while Winstrol (winny) has been singled out by some dianabol was actually worse for me in my case..
    In my case two 12 weeks cycles a year containing 4 weeks of orals use each
    would constitute a health risk considering id spend probably 6 months with a fucked up lipid panel. Whereas for me to 12 week cycles of test /deca at reasonable doses would not pose a problem. im getting a little older now and my health is my number one priority.

rockape76
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudge
    If Winstrol (winny) does indeed play with SHBG as some say, then that could be a reason why it is "worse" than other 17aa on cholesterol values.

I remember someone coming to this board saying he heard how low the side effects were with winstrol (external not internal!) and he was using 50mg a day, upon getting his blood tested his HDL was 7. I have used plenty higher doses of other 17aa and never come close to that low HDL, and my total cholesterol was well under 200.
    we have differnet numbers here in australia but i can tell you that in two weeks of use of either dbol or winstrol my numbers are of concern to both me and my doctor.whilst my recovery is fairly rapid post cycle doing two or more cycles a year containing these subsatnces for me is unacceptable. Its just a personal thing.

Skarhead1
    ^Good points, another thing to add if you cant make gains with test/deca test/eq test/primo its not the gear its the diet/training.

It's funny that you made this post today because I was thinking yesterday "you know why do I even need to use orals? They are expensive and cause problems" Subsequently I will not be using Winstrol (winny) this cycle as I had planned.

rockape76
    Quote Originally Posted by skarhead1
    ^Good points, another thing to add if you cant make gains with test/deca test/eq test/primo its not the gear its the diet/training.
    im a firm believer that a novice or recreational user can make excellent gains for years from a test as a base with one other compound. There really is no need for more unless its for a specific purpose such as competetion too many guys get caught up in the stacking trend. I also believe that a person whose under there natural max could just cycle a decent dose of test for probably the first two years of cycling and make excellent gains.

Skarhead1
    my last stack Test Eq... before that test deca... im cruising thru dec with TRT/SLIN... then my next stack after that test/T-bol.. after that Test/var

I think people read a buncha drug profiles and think that each different drug is going to do someting crazy to their physique. once I get a little closer to a 600 dead and 550 squat i might try halo or tren... but from now on my ycles are 6 weeks on 2 weeks cruise on test 6 weeks back on and so on. Im only running the orals 3-4 weeks out from my peak (week 6)

rockape76
    Quote Originally Posted by LiftTillIDie
    It's funny that you made this post today because I was thinking yesterday "you know why do I even need to use orals? They are expensive and cause problems" Subsequently I will not be using Winstrol (winny) this cycle as I had planned.
    i kinda like trying new things out, i love winstrol and the effects on my physique were great giving me the ripped look that had eluded me for so long.
    But yeah if you sit back with an open mind youd limit there use nothing wrong with trying them out though makin up your own mind and you no how i feel about Winstrol (winny)

i kinda like trying new things out, i love winstrol and the effects on my physique were great giving me the ripped look that had eluded me for so long.
    But yeah if you sit back with an open mind youd limit there use nothing wrong with trying them out though makin up your own mind and you no how i feel about Winstrol (winny)
    I just thought about it and I am fairly new to steroids and have used superdrol twice. I did not get blood work done but I may as well assume it tore my lipids to shreds. Also you have to factor in that I am using tren for the first time, and I plan on cycling for many years, so I feel I should start making a few decisions with the long run in mind.

I have to say that Winstrol (winny) does shred me up and help make me ripped but it dries my joints out and I have difficulties training so I can not use it. I tell people if they have joint issues then stay away from Winstrol (winny), just my .02

we have differnet numbers here in australia but i can tell you that in two weeks of use of either dbol or winstrol my numbers are of concern to both me and my doctor.whilst my recovery is fairly rapid post cycle doing two or more cycles a year containing these subsatnces for me is unacceptable. Its just a personal thing.
    When you post blood results if you simply post if its ng/dl or whatever, people will know what you are talking about. The medical world is pretty standardized no matter what the country is, so long as you post the complete info.

I know of a guy who pisses blood on dbol, thats not too common but yes - we are individuals and some of us react a little differently than others. On 200mg of anadrol ED and 60mg of accutane weekly (20mg M/W/F) my cholesterol was still well under 200 and my HDL was about half of what it should be but not horrific as another person on only 50mg of Winstrol (winny). I was also on test and tren at the time, I believe 500mg tren and around a gram of test. I was experimenting with some mean dosages at the time obviously.

I am curious if winstrol really does 'amplify' the effects of testosterone making it much more effective, so I may eventually get some blood work on that too. For a long time though I swore I would never touch winstrol because of its reputation in people who have used it, sure some love the results on the outside but if something effects you negatively on the inside then you should take that into consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by Swellin
    I'll just add my name to the list of folks who can't walk while on Winstrol (winny). It cripples me. I loved the results until week three when my joints started squeeking and puffin dust at every movement..making me feel like the tinman in wizard of oz.
    Even natural guys who get dry for shows say they start getting serious pains just walking. Just an interesting side note.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudge
    On 200mg of anadrol ED and 60mg of accutane weekly (20mg M/W/F) my cholesterolwas still well under 200 and my HDL was about half of what it should be but not horrific as another person on only 50mg of Winstrol (winny). I was also on test and tren at the time, I believe 500mg tren and around a gram of test.
    Nice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Thread Information