Anabolic steroids, bodybuilding discussion forums. - Steroidology

(Forum for members to discuss the use of anabolic steroids)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Novice
    Test Cypionate at 200mg per week for 4 or 5 years
    I was thinking to help maintain gains I have made from previous years of cycling that I maybe could run Testosterone Cypionate for 4 or 5 years or more at a low dose of 200mg per week. I think this would work better than post cycling with nolva or clomid. I love Test Cypionate, One of my questions is after several years with no breaks would my body stop Utilizing androgens that I administer.

Yeah bro that would be a bad choice in my opinion. You will end your testosterone production, but also DHEA and all the Androgens. I would stick to PCTs bro.

Thoms
    Basically you want to go on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT). Why? do you have low test levels? This will shut you down, possibly permanently. If you want to do this to make gains, reconsider and do regular cycles. Your HPTA wil recover after cycles and you will be able to make gains during, far more than sticking with 200/week.

From a long time ago in a Galaxy far, far away
    Dont do it!!

I would do it for 4 to 5 months and then take 2 months off and do a full PCT. Use GH or IGF during thr off months.

As long as you continue to train and eat right you will allow your body to accept the muscle

i think people get dumber by the day here lol no offense but that's just common sense bro...

Livin' the dream.... intrinsic1's Avatar
    Might as well kiss your nuts goodbye!

Stupidest thing I ever heard

Amatuer MMA Fighter Skinny...In a Big Way's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LAWNSAVER
    Dont do it!!

I would do it for 4 to 5 months and then take 2 months off and do a full PCT. Use GH or IGF during thr off months.
    strongly agree, your test production could very well permanently shut down...

the one and only BEACH Deep South Chris's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by crushershockey
    i think people get dumber by the day here lol no offense but that's just common sense bro...
    lmfao

Skarhead1
    Someone explain to me why testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) for 4-5 years would be bad? As far as I know it does not shut down your sperm production

Novice
    It seems he was thinking about his own hrt then you guys had to be absolute assholes.... nice guys nice

Skarhead1
    not assholes, they just look like the dumbasses

HRT is useful if you have naturally low test levels or are 50 or older but I think he's wanting to use it for maintaining gains, i.e. "cruising" dosages.

Skarhead1
    ....and? whats so bad about that

Quote Originally Posted by skarhead1
    ....and? whats so bad about that
    Depends on what your goals are...
    Overall it doesn't make alot of sense to cruise/blast if you're young unless BB or PL is something you want to do professionally. Also, it's unlikely you'd be able to have any kids during that time. If that's not a issue knock yourself out.

Olympian Bodybuilder
    There's a lot of ignorance in this thread, and I'm not talking about the guy who started it.

Quote Originally Posted by DocJ
    ..... Also, it's unlikely you'd be able to have any kids during that time. If that's not a issue knock yourself out.
    any proof? or just heresay. i think its all in the way you go about it, bloodwork etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Trevdog
    There's a lot of ignorance in this thread, and I'm not talking about the guy who started it.
    agreed. everyone seems to be an armchair expert. how about backing up any of these ignorant claims with some research, something other than "stupidest thing i've ever heard" comments. this guys asking a valid question, and a bunch of kids chime in.....

Skarhead1
    Overall it doesn't make alot of sense to cruise/blast if you're young unless BB or PL is something you want to do professionally. Also, it's unlikely you'd be able to have any kids during that time. If that's not a issue knock yourself out.
    you can still get a girl preggo on TRT... also youcan get a girl preggo on heavy test cycles so please stop chiming in with something you're unclear of

Skarhead1
    Quote Originally Posted by solcraft
    this guys asking a valid question, and a bunch of kids chime in.....
    agreed... and all they said was "dumbest thing ever bro!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by solcraft
    any proof? or just heresay. i think its all in the way you go about it, bloodwork etc...
    Come on guys! You know what they give males for contraception? 200mg/week Test Cyp...I personally know of couples who have gotten pregnant while the guy was on juice. My only point was that it's clear that it is LESS LIKELY that you will be able to conceive while on a long term cycle, even if it's Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT). Sheesh...
    Last edited by DocJ; 11-02-2006 at 02:49 PM.

Come on guys! You know what they give males for contraception? 200mg/week Test Cyp...I personally know of couples who have gotten pregnant while the guy was on juice. My only point was that it's clear that it is LESS LIKELY that you will be able to conceive while on a long term cycle, even if it's Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT). Sheesh...
    while i dont completely agree that there is any scientific backing, i do see your point. however i think that with proper management and oversight it is a feasiable option, not one that alot would condone though.- yeah, and my wife just gave birth to our second son (2boys,1 girl) and i know for a fact that i was "on" when she got knocked up. of course he was born at 55lbs, a full beard, and able to curl a milk jug, but other than that .......

Rookie
    Here's some food for thought - especially for guys on TRT/HRT - being that Cypionate takes several weeks to kick in - if one is taking 150mg per week, every week, and then boosts up to 600mg for a 12 week cycle, would it still take several weeks for that kick-in? Or would the 600mg go to work quickly - thus, leaving no need for a fast acting steroid in addition, like Dianabol?

Nat Clin Pract Endocrinol Metab: 2006 Jan;2(1):32-41
    Drug insight: Recent advances in male hormonal contraception.Amory JK, Page ST, Bremner WJ.
    Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA. jamory@u.washington.edu

As there are limitations to current methods of male contraception, research has been undertaken to develop hormonal contraceptives for men, analogous to the methods for women based on estrogen and progestogens. When testosterone is administered to a man, it functions as a contraceptive by suppressing the secretion of luteinizing hormone (LH) and follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) from the pituitary gland. Since these hormones are the main stimulatory signals for spermatogenesis, low levels of LH and FSH markedly impair sperm production. After 3-4 months of testosterone treatment, 60-70% of men no longer have sperm in their ejaculate, and most other men exhibit markedly diminished sperm counts. Male hormonal contraception is well tolerated, free of serious adverse side effects, and 95% effective in the prevention of pregnancy. Importantly, male hormonal contraception is reversible, with sperm counts usually recovering within 4 months of the discontinuation of hormone treatment. Because exogenous testosterone administration alone does not completely suppress sperm production in all men, researchers have combined testosterone with second agents, such as progestogens or gonadotropin-releasing-hormone antagonists, to further suppress secretion of LH and FSH and improve suppression of spermatogenesis. Recent trials have used combinations of long-acting injectable or implantable forms of testosterone with progestogens, which can be administered orally, by injection or by a long-acting implant. Such combinations suppress spermatogenesis to zero without severe side effects in 80-90% of men, with near-complete suppression in the remainder of individuals. One of these testosterone and progestogen combination regimens might soon bring the promise of male hormonal contraception to fruition.

PMID: 16932251 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

DocJ Hypothesis: Men using HRT could improve their chances of conceiving by taking regular small doses of HCG or HMG with clomid.

Quote Originally Posted by Sal Collaziano
    Here's some food for thought - especially for guys on TRT/HRT - being that Cypionate takes several weeks to kick in - if one is taking 150mg per week, every week, and then boosts up to 600mg for a 12 week cycle, would it still take several weeks for that kick-in? Or would the 600mg go to work quickly - thus, leaving no need for a fast acting steroid in addition, like Dianabol?
    The 600 mg would take just as long to release as any other drug with that ester.

uniquemicals
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Thread Information