Anabolic steroids, bodybuilding discussion forums. - Steroidology

Ask questions, find answers and The Right treatment. Q&A with Board certified Internist Dr Thomas O’ Connor , M.D. The Anabolic Doc All posts are moderated before public release

hand going to sleep
    Any idea what would cause my hand to fall asleep even when not lying on it? Within last month or so it seems my hand starts to tingle like its asleep for no reason, and especially when Im lying on it at night. My forearms always seem pretty pumped and stay that way but it seems my left hand gets the tingles a lot more than my right. drives me crazy.

Mike, Hi. This is a neurologic condition. Is this both sides or one?? Is this carpal tunnel?? is it at wrist or from elbo??Have you had a trauma to upper /lower arm?? these are the questions. The Ulner nerve that runs through the elbo can be compressed via. large muscles (that's us)-- and other medical states--e.g. HGH/other meds and or nerve entrapment --which will need medical evaluation by a neurologist and you will have an EMG to detect nerve damage. A hand/upperlimb orthopedic physcian can also evaluate this condition. I see this very often and first step would be to sleep with a "huger" pillow. I thought all big/muscular men knew this??. If this tingling is happening during the day and not related to folding thearms in a compressive position as occurs while we sleep--go immediatlel to Neuro doc and get EMG otherwise try above first and If you are on HGH I would either life with this or lower dose... The Anabolic Doc

it does happen throughout the day at times but mainly at night while arm is under a pillow under my head. Also when I have my arm resting on even an arm rest seems to activate the sleep or tingle in it causing it to fall asleep. Its mainly my left hand but I get it in the right and feet sometimes. Just seems like when my forarms are resting on something or my legs are bent it will happen. Im not on HGH and I have great blood pressure too. The carpal tunnel sounds reasonable as over the years of lifting my wrist cracks a lot. Thanks for the help!!

Junior Bodybuilder
    I get the same sort of thing....usually i wake up once in the middle of the night and one of my hands is asleep and tingling like crazy. drived me nutz but it's usually from sleeping on my side.

yeah it sucks, I have noticed im getting stretch marks on my forearms so maybe its from that

What do you think is causing stretch marks??! Falling asleep on it. I doubt it.

But it most definitely sounds like carpel tunnel. I have a moderate case of and some pinched nerves in my neck. So it's one of the 2 for me. Mine goes numb after driving for awhile with my left hand....right in the fingers. HGH is known for that too. Thats probably not helping any.

no dude i didnt think stretch marks were causing it, I just figure maybe forearms were too tight and piching a nerve or something. Where do these HGH comments come from, Im not on that or anything at the moment. Im not being a dick, I appreciate all you guys comments man

Flame Haired Adonis AASynergist's Avatar
    If its carpal tunnel there are some simple tests. Try the following and then the opposite as if you are saying your prayers. If either fo these bring on the tingling or becomes stronger sensation it is a good indication of carpal tunnel. Treatment involves stretching the flexor retinaculum + reducing things like blood pressure wrist exercises etc. or surgery carpal tunnel release.

I love the medical speak!!!! Happer Eatser all and Passover.... The Anabolic Doc

Quote Originally Posted by AASynergist View Post
    If its carpal tunnel there are some simple tests. Try the following and then the opposite as if you are saying your prayers. If either fo these bring on the tingling or becomes stronger sensation it is a good indication of carpal tunnel. Treatment involves stretching the flexor retinaculum + reducing things like blood pressure wrist exercises etc. or surgery carpal tunnel release.
    Should an adult male be able to bend their wrists at the same angle as the woman pictured above? 'Cause I can't get anywhere close to that.

yeah doing that does bring on the sensation and pretty painful on the wrists themselves. Guess thats what it is. man thanks, appreciate the info, guess I'll work on stretching that out and if that dont do it I'll visit with a dr bout it down the line. You guys really have a lot of knowledge on everything, I appreciate the time you all spend on helping others out. Thanks again

Flame Haired Adonis AASynergist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave B. View Post
    Should an adult male be able to bend their wrists at the same angle as the woman pictured above? 'Cause I can't get anywhere close to that.
    No....... women generally tend to be more flexible than men which is great because you can put them in lots of positions if you know what I mean.

Mike most likely why your hands are falling asleep is because of lifting. Your muscles are growing bigger which is causing them to pinch your nerves. Happens to me as well.

This started to happen to me a few days after taking Winstrol (winny), i just finished the Winstrol (winny) and It has almost gone away completely.

Biggin
    Ive got the same thing, but mine is from a pinched nerve in my neck. Yeah it sucks and really sucks when ur on gear. It gets worse when I get into my 8th week everytime, and I think its from the water retention..

Quote Originally Posted by Biggin View Post
    Ive got the same thing, but mine is from a pinched nerve in my neck. Yeah it sucks and really sucks when ur on gear. It gets worse when I get into my 8th week everytime, and I think its from the water retention..
    Funny it started to happen around the same time for me too and I also have a pinched nerve but it has never been an issue until gear or maybe it just made it that much more intense that I noticed.

It happens to me when I am on cycle and pinning my delts.

Rookie
    Sleep with a wrist brace. works for me!

Administrator Dreaded Pirate Roberts's Avatar
    Jump on an NO2 product it will Lower your blood pressure. That's the real cause

Rookie
    i get this also in both hands . but i also have pinched nerves in my back and neck as well